If Daniel Cormier was to STOP Jon Jones in the rematch...

No. Jones would still be the top light heavyweight of all time, followed by Liddell, Ortiz, Couture and then Cormier down there around fifth or sixth. This is only if we're talking strictly UFC.
I can comfortably say DC would probably beat everyone you mentioned except maybe Jones.

Possibly...

2 wins over Rumble is pretty insane. Rumble would have wrecked the former champs that Jones beat IMO.

Part of me wants Jones to fail a PED test, DC to miss weight, and have it end in a double KO because why not.

I think he would need another win over Jones.

And then 1 other title defense to cement himself as LHW goat.

Jon has a number of wins over past champions but if DC beats him twice that would definalty help him to surpass Jon's legacy.
yea, maybe a few more defenses. Beat Jones, beat Manuwa then Gus again would put DC up there.

Cause lets be honest, DC is a beast, but he lost to Jones, won the belt and has 2 title defenses. Jones has what 8 or 9? and he has a 13 fight win streak. but with 1 fight in 2 1/2 year, who knows how he looks when he comes back. we'll see.

Dcs win over anderson silva doesnt look too shabby on the old resume

I can't really take that fight seriously. I mean Anderson took the fight on 2 days notice with no training or anything. I just see that as a exhibition bout, it was quite clear both guys were going easy on each other, especially Cormier. If he wanted to he could have finished Anderson on top

Maybe. He doesn't really has the number of defenses.
But those wins against Rumble matters alot.

I can't really take that fight seriously. I mean Anderson took the fight on 2 days notice with no training or anything. I just see that as a exhibition bout, it was quite clear both guys were going easy on each other, especially Cormier. If he wanted to he could have finished Anderson on top

I know the fight is a bit of an anomaly but the idea of them going easy is preposterous. Theres no way way anderson would throw away a chance to beat the lhw champ and i dont think dc is capable of allowing someone any edge over him. Anderson was disrupting dcs top game, thats why he couldnt finish Andy

Yeah he would surpass JBJ in greatness if he beat him. In my opinion anyway. DC pretty much demolished half the heavyweight and light heavy weight divisions now. Jones has a impressive win streak and record cleaning out LHW with some memorable bouts but DC has slowly been accomplishing some pretty insane feats as well. It is tough. I like both guys but enjoy Jon's fighting style a bit more then DC's.

Both their scraps with Gus were pretty awesome. So they are even there. Even though the scrap between DC and Silva was a bore fest. That counts for something in my books to. Because Silva was Jon Bone jones Idol. DC took that on short notice. DC beat rumble fair and square the first time. Second time was rather weird considering Rumble was probably not in the right frame of mind to even be fighting. Jones never got the chance to fight him. If you factor out Cormier's loss to JBJ I think he would have surpassed Bones greatness. He didn't though. He will never be as good as Jon Jones unless he can beat him.

Even if he does beat him. They are 1 and 1. Jones could use the ring rust excuse and demand a rematch to see who is truly the better opponent. I thought the first fight was competitive but Jones had the upper hand the entire time. He even took him down a few times and grinned. He was playing with DC. Beating him at his own game and frustrating him to no end. It was not total domination but no one has ever done that to DC. No one ever toyed with him the way JBJ did. No one ever got in his head like this man.

I am super stoked for this fight. It will answer so many questions. We just got to wait and see. I am rooting for Jones. I think he is so far into DC's head that he already has him half in the mental department. Keeping my fingers crossed this actually happens. Its gonna rock if it does!

Strangely, I feel UFC 182 like never happened and this fight determines who gets all the marbles.

Jones pissed hot so his whole career before has an asterix. Take away his (very close hard fought) win over DC and we are looking at two essentially undefeated LHW's, competing clean under USADA, to determine who is the best LHW and possibly greatest P4P fighter ever. We know Jones has tremendous gifts but we are not sure if we ever saw him compete on an even playing field; this time he has to tho or his career is over for good.

Well, uh no.

Just like Weidman finishing Anderson twice and having a couple good(at the time) defenses didn't make him MW GOAT.

I know the fight is a bit of an anomaly but the idea of them going easy is preposterous. Theres no way way anderson would throw away a chance to beat the lhw champ and i dont think dc is capable of allowing someone any edge over him. Anderson was disrupting dcs top game, thats why he couldnt finish Andy

Well, Anderson would have certainly taken the opportunity to finish Cormier if he had the chance but in his shape he just wasnt capable. But in terms of going easy I meant more on Cormiers side. I thought it was pretty clear he wasnt going all out. Now whether he was just trying to secure the W with minimum risk or he was just going easier on Anderson....I dont know. But to me he wasnt going all out

Via TKO, would you consider him the GOAT LHW?

First fight went the entire distance, with no one really in danger the entire fight.

Despite the Sherdog revisionists claiming it was a one-sided thrashing from Jones, it was a very competitive fight. Even Jones himself said so in the post-fight press conference.

So, if DC were to come in and win MUCH more decisively in the rematch, would that leap frog him above Jon as the greatest ever at LHW?

Discuss...
I don't know if I would say goat LHW, but he would probably surpass him on the all time goat list

Nah I would still have Jones as the goat. His title run has been incomparable

LHW goat? of course. That would prove jones without peds isn't as good and only reason he beat him the first time. Agree to disagree of course like all goat opinions

Via TKO, would you consider him the GOAT LHW?

First fight went the entire distance, with no one really in danger the entire fight.

Despite the Sherdog revisionists claiming it was a one-sided thrashing from Jones, it was a very competitive fight. Even Jones himself said so in the post-fight press conference.

So, if DC were to come in and win MUCH more decisively in the rematch, would that leap frog him above Jon as the greatest ever at LHW?

Discuss...
This is one of those things you got to see. I am not saying that Jones can't be defeated at LHW, but somehow it is hard to picture Jones, who is training harder than for the most of his past fights, losing to a guy who he already beaten once.

He'd have to beat him twice, just in case Jones had ring rust or he just might learn from the loss and come back and win. DC doesn't need a long reign, he's pretty much cleared the field and doesn't have anything to prove after beating Jones.

Back