If Cormier was build like Nate Diaz

Different muscle distribution, some deal with it excellently, some use styles conflicting their bodies. Different muscle types too. You can see gymnasts not appearing ripped but instead toned, yet when they begin doing their moves we can see how ripped the body becomes under stress.
Perfectly said. Stockier guys like Cormier play to their strengths, which is brute muscle strength rather than explosive speed (yeah I know, cue the Rogan explosive/athletic comments), while others don't respect their body and muscle type and try to play something that's counter their physical abilities. Compare Cormier's style to the later career of Sean Sherk, or the infamous "K-1 Hughes", who had t-rex arms, yet were trying to box guys with significant speed and reach advantages over them. Another great example is Stefan Struve who rarely utilizes his reach advantage, and then you see somebody like Semmy Schilt who used it flawlessly.

Cormier would be a beast at WW but he's too damn fat and needs to stop eating.. I was his size before dieting hard.. Height 5 11 and went from 234-178 in 3 months. I lost a bunch of muscle but my body fat went from 25percent to as low as 10
Cormiers body fat is easily 25 percent (55 lbs if he's 220).. He would move quicker be more agile and flexible without that belly in the way
But hey some people love food too much

Also guys skeletons don't weight a lot and theory someone is big boned is a myth. Or maybe it's a fluke that everyone is small in Ethiopia lmao

I cant believe you've been on this site since 2012,and you have no idea of combat,body shape,otherwise why would you want to make DC a lightweight,as if he would suddenly be a chiselled statue without his "fat".The guy is probably in the top 10 of fighters,in the whole wide world,and you want him to look better and more cut, so you can -------------------. Not all gifted athletes have perfect "looking" bodies
my concern, anyway, is that Cormier could be a top 2 fighter is he dropped down to 185. And he would be excellent also at 170 i think, he has great technique and power naturally.

im wondering what people see as an ideal size for Cormier, is it 205?

He should be 170 if u look at his height and reach ... He does have a nice amount of muscle so 185 I believe would be ideal

Back