If Conor wins this off a 2 year ring rust

Normally I will rip on McBall-Gargling, but IF he does win this fight in impressive fashion, it's easily as big, if not bigger than the Aldo win, considering he's not facing a man-let here, but an undefeated, LEGIT lightweight prospect.

Why are you such a bad poster

If anything he gained a ton of experience training for AND boxing one of the best boxers ever.

What other fighter gets that 1st hand experience?

There's no way that couldn't have helped improve his already very good striking.
Yeah but he probably doesn't remember much, what with the CTE and all.

Canelo got the benefit of going 12 with Floyd when he was very young and he plainly learned some shit. But that's Canelo, lol.

Can you imagine what Khabib would do to Floyd in the cage? I like Floyd so I don't want to imagine.

Its 2 years since an MMA fight but just over a year since the boxing match with Floyd.
He did a full camp at that time ok a boxing camp and went through the same adrenaline rush which can affect fighters after a long lay off on fight night.
It should really not be an issue,unless of course he loses then it will be the first excuse brought up as to why.

lol, as if YOU are a good one?

Shut up, cry-baby.
This is getting kind of sad

Last time I interacted with you I said you needed to take a look at the man in the mirror
I still advise this

George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

Yes, because this is a high quality post

How about you explain to us what is wrong with his post? Would you not see Khabib as a win on the level of Aldo?

He already has two of the biggest wins in MMA history(The Aldo & Alvarez molestations) but this one would be even bigger. I believe he would legitimately crack the top 5 ATG's, holding company with Anderson, GSP, Jones etc.

Yes, because this is a high quality post

How about you explain to us what is wrong with his post? Would you not see Khabib as a win on the level of Aldo?

If you cant see what's wrong I'm legit sorry

2 year lay off? Lol.. what drivel.

Conor last fought in August of last year in a fight that he spent 6 months training for. He was training for Floyd in the beginning of 2017 and since that fight he's been focusing entirely on his grappling and wrestling - like his coaches have said, despite what his Instagram might show, Conor is always training. If anything he's going to look amazing since he has managed to take time off to focus and master one craft at a time instead of training everything all at once. Training for the Floyd fight alone gave Conor a ton of experience that he will bring back to the Octagon.

No tune ups even, it'll be impressive af.

That's the whole thread, bye.

It's not 2 years...people forget the 10 rounds he went with mayweather...while it's not mma, it's still in the ring, dealing with pressure and another fighter...and he did a good amount of training for that fight...so there will be no ring rust at all.

Well it can be " proven" as it is subjective, but there were certainly many occasions where a fighter who had a long lay off seemed / performed like a rusty version of his pre break self, eve, whe, the layoff wasn't injury linked in the 1st place .

Yes , it will be very impressive, but I doubt it happens, and to be frank I'm not sold that we'll get to see this fight happen.. I could see Conor finding a way out of it ... if Khabib deosn't injure himself in the fight's build up..

Again, conor hasn't been out for 2 years...he went 10 rounds with mayweather just a year ago...

If you cant see what's wrong I'm legit sorry
So you really have no opinion? Stop with the arrogance... you can't make posts that are a complete waste of bandwidth and then call others bad posters.

OT: The argument can be made. Weight class up, undefeated wrecking machine... Conor is a bigger dog than he was against Aldo. People think he has no chance whatsoever. It would be an absolutely legendary win and remembered much like Aldo, if not more impressive.

So you really have no opinion? Stop with the arrogance... you can't make posts that are a complete waste of bandwidth and then call others bad posters.

OT: The argument can be made. Weight class up, undefeated wrecking machine... Conor is a bigger dog than he was against Aldo. People think he has no chance whatsoever. It would be an absolutely legendary win and remembered much like Aldo, if not more impressive.

Yeah you're talking about something completely different bud.

Yeah you're talking about something completely different bud.
? Oh.

I was just talking about the 'level' of win Khabib would be vs. Aldo. I thought that's what Arm was talking about

Sorry if there was a miscommunication

<Dylan>

I will never understand those ring rust preacher.... It is not like they are fighting like 10 times a year.... they mostly fight once or twice a year and the rest of the time training... So Conor lost at best 2-4 fights... no rust if you ask me... I am sure he's been training and sparing hard...

? Oh.

I was just talking about the 'level' of win Khabib would be vs. Aldo. I thought that's what Arm was talking about

Sorry if there was a miscommunication

<Dylan>

Nah you're good
I don't think the argument that you presented is bad at all
I think I disagree with it though, because we forget (we meaning all of us, not you specifically) just how highly regarded Aldo was. He was talked about in the same breath as Jones, Silva, GSP and Fedor before Conor slept him. Perhaps even more so because he's the same age as Jon Jones, and we didn't expect him to fall off a cliff anytime soon.

Normally I will rip on McBall-Gargling, but IF he does win this fight in impressive fashion, it's easily as big, if not bigger than the Aldo win, considering he's not facing a man-let here, but an undefeated, LEGIT lightweight prospect.
You can call Khabib many names but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back while you call him a prospect...
tumblr_inline_ofs7fuvrEj1r4mjpv_500.gif

Nah you're good
I don't think the argument that you presented is bad at all
I think I disagree with it though, because we forget (we meaning all of us, not you specifically) just how highly regarded Aldo was. He was talked about in the same breath as Jones, Silva, GSP and Fedor before Conor slept him. Perhaps even more so because he's the same age as Jon Jones, and we didn't expect him to fall off a cliff anytime soon.
I understand he had a long reign with the belt and his all-time standing. Also with Conor's run to the belt, the hype, the press tour, the pull out... it would definitely be hard to to recreate that.

Just seems to be a little bit of a different aura around Khabib nowadays, for good reason.

Obviously they would both be looked at as historic wins in the future

Back