If conor moved to lightweight

Holloway was getting the better of Poirier in his UFC debut that he took on short notice and it is clear that his technique is superior (Holloway, that is). Siver is more varied and likely a better striker than Poirier as well as I see no reason to put him below DP on said list (from a technique standpoint).

Conor is a poor matchup for both of the individuals in question. Diaz has shown weakness (severe) against an individual that does a lesser version of what Conor offers and Cowboy struggles against boxing-oriented talent (as a result of his poor headmovement and slow-startup).

No he wasn't getting the better of Poirier on the feet on his debut, it was pretty even and the knee that Holloway threw right before Poirier went for a takedown missed and Poirier landed a punch or two when they disengaged, the only other significant thing was that they traded some leg kicks. Siver got his ass handed to him by Cub while Poirier went the distance.

Regarding the matchup with Diaz what the fuck does a lesser version mean and how does that apply in the LW division? And Conor hasn't fought such an aggressive striker who is bigger and virtually as long as him with Cowboy, also someone who is better than Poirier on the standup.

This can't happen because if he went up a weight class he wouldn't be able to insult a large amount of his opponents for being 1-2 inches taller than them.

Nate vs Conor?? Great scrap....imagine the talk and fued between them before the fight. Nate wouldn't take any of that crap from Conor. If he tried any of his games in stare downs...weigh ins...Nate would slap the Irish out of him

There would be a lot of fun matches. but i dont think he'd be top ten. I think the grapplers are too strong (khabib, melendez, bendo) and the strikers are taller, longer, and with big frames (cerrone, pettis, barboza). but who knows, he has the frame to add on some muscle, 5'9 being pretty average LW height. I think a barboza vs. mcgregor fight would be an awesome LW debut.

Ok I like the MacGregor hype as much as the next guy, but he gets eaten alive by the wrestlers at LW. Melendez, Henderson, RDA, Khabib would all be very likely to beat him. Alvarez, Cerrone, Greene, Masvidal, Thomson, Grant, Khabilov, are all also better than anyone he's yet faced.

Yeah he ruins the current incarnation of Nate Diaz though.

Not to mention the fucking champ

There would be a lot of fun matches. but i dont think he'd be top ten. I think the grapplers are too strong (khabib, melendez, bendo)

Ok I like the MacGregor hype as much as the next guy, but he gets eaten alive by the wrestlers at LW. Melendez, Henderson, RDA, Khabib would all be very likely to beat him. Alvarez, Cerrone, Greene, Masvidal, Thomson, Grant, Khabilov, are all also better than anyone he's yet faced.

He is managed by Dana so he wouldn't have to see them, just needs to add some size (he has the frame) then attempt to go through Nate Diaz, Edson Barboza, Donald Cerrone, and then fight for the title.

What Aldo does to him is going to kill the hype. Pettis obliterates him. I could see him top 10(8-10)at LW and some exciting fights but that's best case scenario.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back