If conor moved to lightweight

timoteo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You could make mcgregor vs nate diaz. sounds like heaven for the ufc

McGregor vs Cowboy would be the one to make for this guy.

No No Connor and Anthony would be a pleasure to watch ..Talk about precise striking WOW

I think at featherweight connor is the champ. I think at Lightweight hell face a lot of trouble whether he wins or loses. connor vs pretty much anybody at lightweight would be awesome. All those guys would want to trash him but have a much better chance then anybody at featherweight. Hed get sanchez, diaz, title shot if he moved up though. Maybe theyd make that cerrone fight but unless its for a title i doubt it

Neither Cowboy nor Diaz would stand a chance against Conor; he is a stylistic nightmare for both.

Neither Cowboy nor Diaz would stand a chance against Conor; he is a stylistic nightmare for both.

Why? I can see diaz outboxing Connor ,keep in mind that Nate has longer reach than Connor and is a durable guy.

Why? I can see diaz outboxing Connor ,keep in mind that Nate has longer reach than Connor and is a durable guy.

Watch Diaz v Thomson and tell me that Diaz would do well against Conor (given that Conor is faster, more powerful, more dangerous, and moves better than Thomson). I enjoy watching Nate fight, but this is a terrible fight for him.

Watch Diaz v Thomson and tell me that Diaz would do well against Conor (given that Conor is faster, more powerful, more dangerous, and moves better than Thomson). I enjoy watching Nate fight, but this is a terrible fight for him.

calm the fuck down, watch him beat someone with better striking than poirier on the feet and then talk your shit...

this will probably fall on deaf ears though...

Conor keeps his hands too low because he has a reach advantage against all the fw. And I wouldn't call Conor more powerfull than Thompson

Conor keeps his hands too low because he has a reach advantage against all the fw. And I wouldn't call Conor more powerfull than Thompson

Conor keeps his hands relatively low as a result of his movement and counter-based tendencies, not just because he has the reach advantage. As far as the remaining comment goes: Thomson has 20 career victories with 5 KOs (25%) while Conor has 17 career victories with 15 KOs (nearly 90%); it is safe to say that Conor is more powerful.

calm the fuck down, watch him beat someone with better striking than poirier on the feet and then talk your shit...

this will probably fall on deaf ears though...

Holloway is a better striker than Poirier, as is Siver (likely). You seem to be lost here.

It is worth noting that you simply need to observe him as a striker to realize his relative striking capacities. They are incredibly high.

If Conor moved to lightweight, he wouldn't be there to make friends. He'd be there to obliterate the entire division.

Pettis would Murder Connor. It would be a gross head kick stiffening. Cowboy and Diaz would be good matches and fun to watch, Pettis is the kind of striker that would hurt Connor and badly

Holloway is a better striker than Poirier, as is Siver (likely). You seem to be lost here.

It is worth noting that you simply need to observe him as a striker to realize his relative striking capacities. They are incredibly high.

No Poirier is better than Silver and Holloway on the feet. But the point is Nate, Thomson and Cowboy are all notably more daunting on the feet than anyone Conor has faced.

You need to observe Conor fighting someone on the level of those LWs before you can even say he will trounce any of them. That's just good sense.

No Poirier is better than Silver and Holloway on the feet. But the point is Nate, Thomson and Cowboy are all notably more daunting on the feet than anyone Conor has faced.

You need to observe Conor fighting someone on the level of those LWs before you can even say he will trounce any of them. That's just good sense.

Holloway was getting the better of Poirier in his UFC debut that he took on short notice and it is clear that his technique is superior (Holloway, that is). Siver is more varied and likely a better striker than Poirier as well as I see no reason to put him below DP on said list (from a technique standpoint).

Conor is a poor matchup for both of the individuals in question. Diaz has shown weakness (severe) against an individual that does a lesser version of what Conor offers and Cowboy struggles against boxing-oriented talent (as a result of his poor headmovement and slow-startup).

Pettis would Murder Connor. It would be a gross head kick stiffening. Cowboy and Diaz would be good matches and fun to watch, Pettis is the kind of striker that would hurt Connor and badly

Conor wants none of this.
f0b2e_ORIG-pettis_gif_2.gif

I can't see conor wanting to fight Pettis or Nurmagomedov. And one of them will be champ at the time! Either of them are bad, bad matchups for Conor.

Back