If Conor KO's RDA will the doubters stop doubting?

Why does McGregor's skills have to be treated like they are beyond any doubt?

Depends if rda tries something stupid...his game plan better be smother and pressure, not necessarily in that order.

If he goes in and tries to box or does some uncharacteristic shit that flies against Conors weakness...ill be pissed off.

Going the distance is more believable. Early KOs always opens the question of, "It was a freak punch."

Only if you are retarded generally. People didn't say this about Shane Carwin for example. If a guy has what, 16 first round tkos, it isn't a freak punch any more.

hes good no doubt but still over hyped in my eyes, if he beats RDA it'll be the 3rd time he's beaten a top 5 guy and one of the top guys he beats was on 2 weeks notice. He was protected from fighters that were bad match-ups for him and the UFC built his hype by that, I mean beating Siver before getting a title shot? cmon... Look at guys like Jon Jones or GSP - they consistently fought the best challengers with all different styles. Sure Mcgregor is good and he may one day be seen as one of the best, but to put him on the same level as the real GOAT's at this point in time is ridiculous

Knocking out the #1 P4P fighter in the world in thirteen seconds and beating the best wrestler in your division on short notice means nothing, apparently. If you doubt Conor's abilities you're only discrediting everyone else he has beaten so far as well.

Explain to me how one becomes a UFC champion without being a skilled fighter. I'll wait.

I think RDA and his coaches know how to approach a fight and formulate a gameplan better than you do.

Yeah you would think that, but then you see contenders spend their big moment bulls rushing in with a flying knee.p only to get arm barred 10 seconds later...

Why is corderia telling people in interviews thier game plan for mcgregor?

I'm by no means a nut hugger but to deny that Conor is really really good is just being naive. People are letting their hate get in the way of logic, that's all. Conor wrecked Poirier, Siver, Mendes and Aldo. If the UFC allows him to move up for a title shot than good for him. Why would anyone want to fight Frankie in the first place? You have to fight Frankie 3 times anyway and you'll be tied up in that for 2 years, ain't nobody got time for that.

giphy.gif

Conor Bless.

Knocking out the #1 P4P fighter in the world in thirteen seconds and beating the best wrestler in your division on short notice means nothing, apparently. If you doubt Conor's abilities you're only discrediting everyone else he has beaten so far as well.

Explain to me how one becomes a UFC champion without being a skilled fighter. I'll wait..

People used to doubt Jon Jones, saying he was only capable of beating former champions out of their primes, for example.

Anderson Silva gets doubted. Fedor Emelianenko gets doubted a lot. GSP gets doubted.

That #1 pound for pound fighter Jose Aldo who you mentioned, was also considered an underdog against McGregor, at least that is what the betting lines were saying before the fight.

Every fighter or human being will be doubted even after they are dead.

But let me tell you one way of making people at least acknowledge a bit more openly all of what McGregor has achieved: stop hugging his nuts so fervorously.

By the way, this thing you wrote here "McGregor has beaten the best wrestler on short notice". Stop doing this kind of crap.

hes good no doubt but still over hyped in my eyes, if he beats RDA it'll be the 3rd time he's beaten a top 5 guy and one of the top guys he beats was on 2 weeks notice. He was protected from fighters that were bad match-ups for him and the UFC built his hype by that, I mean beating Siver before getting a title shot? cmon... Look at guys like Jon Jones or GSP - they consistently fought the best challengers with all different styles. Sure Mcgregor is good and he may one day be seen as one of the best, but to put him on the same level as the real GOAT's at this point in time is ridiculous
Logic overwhelming. Seriously though he is legit with a huge test ahead of him. I'd say he gets more credibility if he wins a war with rda, rather than the quick knockout. Show he can go the distance and win after facing adversity. I think aldo wins in the rematch as well.

Not to be an asshole, but it's not doubt. It's hate. But I see what you did there ;)

I doubted Conor throughout his entire career... up until he KO'd Aldo.

Yeh, it took me a while.... and a lost bet.

but, I'm convinced now - he is legit.

How about the other 'doubters' ?
Who the fuck is doubting he is legit?? You're just making up conflicts that don't exist.

The problem is, Conor's mouth constantly writes cheques his haters pray will bounce.

No matter how good he proves he is, it will never live up to his claims of how good he is.

conor is legit but RDA just seems like a bad style fight for conor... I thought a 2 week mendes did alright so I have a hard time seeing him walk through RDA on a full camp.

I have no doubt he's legit. I knew he was legit when he KOed Portier but doesn't mean I like him. Can't stand the shit.

He's like the Mayweather of MMA. I watch him on the hope of him getting KTFO.
That used to be Rhonda but that has been fulfilled

I still doubt Conor I do think he's very good at fighting and head games. All the Aldo fight proved was Aldo was truly gotten to by the time fight time came who the hell rushes forward and leads with their head? If Conor gets past RDA with a solid win in a whole new UFC weightclass consider my ass officially shut up.

I have a very strong feeling RDA will allow me to keep talking, thank you in advance Rafael...

There are alot of fighters on tge roster who has accomplished way more than conor hes jumping line because his marketability. Aldo asked for this opportunity years ago
Aldo couldn't be given this opportunity, he was barely active enough to protect his FW belt let alone 2 at once.
Aldo is a great fighter and warrior but his activity is his own problem, he can't relay that responsibility on someone else - hell, he even had to pull out after a 12 month media circus to hype his McG fight.

No of course not, the doubters will continue, simply because people don't like being wrong.
There aren't that many people who are vocal online who will admit to being wrong about something.

Back