If Conor gases, Khabib will beat him up on the feet.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Conor doesn't KO Khabib in under 2 rounds he will be tired from all of the pressure, wrestling and scrambling with Khabib and Conor will look like he looked when the momentum started shifting in the first Diaz fight.

You can talk shit about Khabibs striking but he would beat up the panic wrestling moment Conor badly. On the feet, in the clinch and on the ground.

I love both fighters and I think Conor has a decent chance of stopping Khabib early but with the way he throws 100% into every punch and with the way Khabib pressures I think he will be exhausted by the end of round 2 if he doesnt get a KO and exhausted Conor will get beat up by a tank like khabib and beat up on the feet.

Even an exhausted Conor, has better striking than a fresh Khabib, what a dumbass thread.

And no Conor oesnt throw 100% into every punch, actually watch him. He throws a bunch of feints, and measuring shots.

I dont see conor going after khabib. I see conor waiting to counter the rush from khabib.

Conor's striking is awful when gassed, but Khabib will just keep spamming td's.

No need to risk it.

He wants to take Conor down and disfigure him not prove he's a striker.

But yeah... a gassed McGregor has zero defense, loses power completely and basically stumbles around like a drunk and doesn't even hold his hands up. He's very vulnerable.

Sherdog would implode if Khabib starched a gassed McGregor but expect him to be grapple fucked and gnp smeshed instead.

nate-cuts-off-the-cage-comp.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

$

z70D5Jx.gif

UepSTfZ.gif

Last edited:
Khabib is the first elite fighter Conor has faced who's bigger than him, plus is only the 2nd guy he's facing who has the intention of just planting him on his back

Even though Aldo is more of a GOAT candidate, I think Khabib is Conor's toughest test to date

Nate Diaz couldn't out-strike gassed Conor in the 4th and 5th round but Khabib will
Fah sure, playboi

Alot of you want to over simplify fighters or how a certain fight will go. Lots of factors go into how fights play especially as they go. Injuries, momentum, gameplans, weightcut, and other factors make a difference.

Part of me wants this to be WW3 but ultimately I want Conor to win and feel he will.

Well.....I don't agree that Khabib's striking is awful at all. It may not be his Ace of Trumps by any means but it's decent, and more capable than people generally think IMHO.
Al Iaquinta certainly came out of that fight with more respect for Khabib's striking than before the fight, and remember that Khabib is going to be continually working on it, given that his wrestling/grappling is already elite level.

I'm not saying it is gonna compete with Conor's on a punch-for-punch basis, but the key point here is it doesn't really have to : as long it's good enough to keep Khabib out of trouble until it gets to the ground where is where he wants the fight. Now of course....thats the 64,000dollar question : can Khabib stand the McG left-hand before Khabib gets the fight to the ground? That's what this fight is all about really.

its mental warfare as well which mcgregor has the upper hand

not impossible, but no need to risk it

Can Khabib fight like Cain against JDS 2? Yes. Can Conor learn wrestling better than Khabib with his FAST training and drinking whisky? No. But in the end even Damian Maia can lose with that style soo Khabib will too one day

Khabib is the first elite fighter Conor has faced who's bigger than him, plus is only the 2nd guy he's facing who has the intention of just planting him on his back

Even though Aldo is more of a GOAT candidate, I think Khabib is Conor's toughest test to date

Read that back and tell us all how ironic it is?

If Conor doesn't KO Khabib in under 2 rounds he will be tired from all of the pressure, wrestling and scrambling with Khabib and Conor will look like he looked when the momentum started shifting in the first Diaz fight.

You can talk shit about Khabibs striking but he would beat up the panic wrestling moment Conor badly. On the feet, in the clinch and on the ground.

I love both fighters and I think Conor has a decent chance of stopping Khabib early but with the way he throws 100% into every punch and with the way Khabib pressures I think he will be exhausted by the end of round 2 if he doesnt get a KO and exhausted Conor will get beat up by a tank like khabib and beat up on the feet.

Conor haters idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

I agree that Khabib would love to show the world he can stand with Mac and he would probably wait til hes gassed. I wouldn't be surprised if that clever little leprechaun plays opossum just to get Khabib to stand with him.

Back