If Conor doesn't defend his 145 belt next, will it vacate?

I agree. I thinks he wants to hold two belts at the same time, then he will vacate the FW title. I'm sure he will want a title fight for 200, LW or WW.

If he had no intention of going back to 145 and defending the belt then this episode is even more disgusting than I thought. It means he is being allowed to hold a belt that he has no intention of ever defending just so he and Dana can claim he was a 2 division champion, even though he is never going to fight 145 again. I want to puke just thinking about what you've said.

Has to, imo. That's just too long of a wait for the division...

He won the belt 2 months ago and he's fighting next weekend.

Cain went what, 20 months between defences? If Conor plans on fighting 4 times a year I don't see why not.

If he loses at 155lbs or 170lbs he'll want the 145lbs to fall back on.

If he had no intention of going back to 145 and defending the belt then this episode is even more disgusting than I thought. It means he is being allowed to hold a belt that he has no intention of ever defending just so he and Dana can claim he was a 2 division champion, even though he is never going to fight 145 again. I want to puke just thinking about what you've said.

If he loses he'll go back to 145lbs if not he'll keep going. I don't see the problem in ambition.

People are very hyped up with that possibility. It's great marketing for the UFC brand + they'll make lots of money with PPV alone. I don't think you should puke just yet, companies are in it for the money so surely we shouldn't expect anything different from them.

If he loses he'll go back to 145lbs if not he'll keep going. I don't see the problem in ambition.
Conor can actually lose this fight and still go for the 155 belt next. He is still their supername even if he loses, I'd say even if he loses embarrassingly he'll still be their #1 PPV man. And if Chael Sonnen could shit talk his way to title fights, you better believe Conor can do it right after a loss.

It's weird to me that people are pressuring Conor to defend at FW. How long did Cain Velasquez hold up the HW belt? Chris Weidman the MW belt?

Is going to be hard for Conor to cut down to l45 again, he struggled last fight with Aldo now his been gaining by eating beef everyday and is going to be hard to cut down again.

It's weird to me that people are pressuring Conor to defend at FW. How long did Cain Velasquez hold up the HW belt? Chris Weidman the MW belt?
It's different since those were not booking fights in other divisions.

People are very hyped up with that possibility. It's great marketing for the UFC brand + they'll make lots of money with PPV alone. I don't think you should puke just yet, companies are in it for the money so surely we shouldn't expect anything different from them.

Look man, its pretty simple, I've been around long enough to know that the UFC has never given this sort of treatment to any fighter. Brock sold more than Conor and was a bigger star than Conor and never got this treatment. GSP probably sold more PPV's than any fighter in UFC history, he all but got thrown under the bus by Dana and was told if he fought Anderson he would have to give up his 170 pound belt. Then you compound the problem with McGregor just having a nasty disrespectful mouth. Can you see why some of us don't like it? That's alright though, not everyone has to like every fighter.

Look man, its pretty simple, I've been around long enough to know that the UFC has never given this sort of treatment to any fighter. Brock sold more than Conor and was a bigger star than Conor and never got this treatment. GSP probably sold more PPV's than any fighter in UFC history, he all but got thrown under the bus by Dana and was told if he fought Anderson he would have to give up his 170 pound belt. Then you compound the problem with McGregor just having a nasty disrespectful mouth. Can you see why some of us don't like it? That's alright though, not everyone has to like every fighter.
It's possible the UFC is just smarter now. I don't like Conor's persona either, I just understand why Zuffa doesn't want to have him fighting someone that might kill the hype train. If you were DW, and you put Conor vs Khabib, and Khabib beats Conor, you kill a hype job that's making you loads of cash. Now Conor has no legit shot at LW, no legit shot at WW, needs to defend his belt next at 145 and it just won't sell much anymore. Now that we have a WW fight he can lose and still fight RDA next for the double belt. Even if he loses 2 fights straight, he'll still defend at FW and sell loads of PPV against aldo or edgar. It's a much better scenario for him and for Zuffa.

It's possible the UFC is just smarter now. I don't like Conor's persona either, I just understand why Zuffa doesn't want to have him fighting someone that might kill the hype train. If you were DW, and you put Conor vs Khabib, and Khabib beats Conor, you kill a hype job that's making you loads of cash. Now Conor has no legit shot at LW, no legit shot at WW, needs to defend his belt next at 145 and it just won't sell much anymore. Now that we have a WW fight he can lose and still fight RDA next for the double belt. Even if he loses 2 fights straight, he'll still defend at FW and sell loads of PPV against aldo or edgar. It's a much better scenario for him and for Zuffa.

Meanwhile, the sport that seemed to have some sort of order during the previous 20 years has now just said fuck it, lets manipulate the fights so that we can try to preserve this cash cow as much as possible. They carefully selected Nate because it was the best chance to win and to preserve this murdertrain scenario where McGregor jumps to the front of the line for title shot after title shot. McGregor runs his mouth like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and the UFC brass lets him do as he pleases.

will+smith+allergic+to+bullshit+gif.gif

Back