If Conor doesn't defend his 145 belt next, will it vacate?

basementdweller

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do you guys think it's gonna happen? After the presser with Nate it looks to me like Conor wants big fights and might not go back to 145 to defend his title soon. It also seems to me that neither Edgar and Aldo are satisfied fighting unless it's for a belt next.

It will only vacate if Conor chooses to give up on that division.

However, they might make an interim title if Conor's absense at Featherweight continues. For example, if he doesn't defend his belt at UFC 200, they might do Aldo/Edgar for interim.

Has to, imo. That's just too long of a wait for the division...

It will vacate when Conor says he will vacate it.
So probably when he had his shot at 170/155, and if that doesn't work out he probably will defend it when he slimmed down a bit again.

Should do.

He won't go anywhere near that division until Frankie retires.

Just look at his frame now and tell me he has the intention of ever making 145 again

He just doesn't want to vacate the belt

For that kind of payday, I would fight Conor at any weight, belt or not, crowd and cameras or not. I think Frankie would too.

If he wants to keep the title he keeps it...if he wants to vacate he vacates.

That's how it works when you are the leading breadmaker for the company especially in a year when Ronda Rousey is training for the NASA program so they could send her into outer space to find her neck that Holly Holm kicked into out neighboring galaxy.

As soon as he wins the 155 belt he will vacate, its the same as its always been, he just wants to hold onto two belts.

And the FW division isnt on hold, the title was defended just over 2 months ago.

Aldo has just turned down a fight against McGregor, Edgar is Injured, and Mendes is on a two fight losing streak so there isnt anyone to challenge for the belt right now anyway.

He's probably got till august/september to defend it before it comes to giving it up.

Conor doesn't want to look like a character from the walking dead anymore.

He may as well vacate it, he said himself that he doesn't care about any belt!

Just look at his frame now and tell me he has the intention of ever making 145 again

He just doesn't want to vacate the belt
Yes especially considering how skinny and kinda ill he looks when he drops to 145. Good point

I agree. I thinks he wants to hold two belts at the same time, then he will vacate the FW title. I'm sure he will want a title fight for 200, LW or WW.

Dana said they're just going to start having the FW title fights at 155 now, just makes more sense for everyone.

If the big money is in defending, he will defend. If the money is bigger elsewhere, he will go elsewhere.
He has made no bones about it. He likes belts, but he loves money.

What do you guys think it's gonna happen? After the presser with Nate it looks to me like Conor wants big fights and might not go back to 145 to defend his title soon. It also seems to me that neither Edgar and Aldo are satisfied fighting unless it's for a belt next.

Sure, he'll vacate if if he can't defend it before December 2016. Before then I'd much rather see him hold up the division and make everyone else butthurt for no reason other than shits and giggles.

It should. If Conor wants to keep the FW belt he should be forced to defend it in a timely fashion.

Sure, he'll vacate if if he can't defend it before December 2016. Before then I'd much rather see him hold up the division and make everyone else butthurt for no reason other than shits and giggles.
why are you a McGregor fanboy in the closet? You can come out, it's ok.

why are you a McGregor fanboy in the closet? You can come out, it's ok.

I'm out of the closet. I'm buttnaked in the streets bro. I'd bend over and have McGregor babies in a heartbeat if I could. High school biology says it's not possible but my ex says I have a sandy vag so you never know.

He can hold 2 belts at once, WW and FW.

Back