• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Chimaev beats Usman and then wins the MW title against Strickland, was it well earned?

If Chimaev beats Usman and than wins the MW title against Strickland, was it well earned?

• Total voters
Right, but your thread asked if it’s “well earned”. It’s not. How many top 20 middleweights has he beaten?

It doesn't matter, it's like it didn't matter when Brock Lesnar got a title shot after a 2-1 record. If Chimaev the real deal, he should be able to beat those guys and solidify himself as the best MW. And if he keeps defending the title, than that answers all the questions.

How do you even know if they are the best guys if they don't even fight the other best guys? You are the type of fan who wouldn't had given Strickland the chance to fight Izzy because he wasn't "one of the best". Khamzat hasn't beaten anyone, if he is so good then why are you guys so scared of let him prove himself with a top 5 then?

Strickland accept fights against top 5 guys in short notice, Khamzat fights once a year and seems he was trying to avoid the 185 division to go for an easier belt at 170. Let Khamzat fight a contender. Don't be scared. If he is really the best then he will be champ eventually, you shouldn't be this scared for him to try to protect him on his way to the belt.
Low IQ take. My argument was based on the assumption that Khamzat beats Strickland, which would, by definition, make him the best.

Read the thread first.

It doesn't matter, it's like it didn't matter when Brock Lesnar got a title shot after a 2-1 record. If Chimaev the real deal, he should be able to beat those guys and solidify himself as the best MW. And if he keeps defending the title, than that answers all the questions.
Why ask a question then say iT dOeSnT mAttEr when someone gives a legitimate answer. It doesn’t matter if he’s the deal. What matters is he didn’t earn it. And moderately intelligent MMA fan knows that. It’s obvious you’re a Khamzat fan

Why ask a question then say iT dOeSnT mAttEr when someone gives a legitimate answer. It doesn’t matter if he’s the deal. What matters is he didn’t earn it. And moderately intelligent MMA fan knows that. It’s obvious you’re a Khamzat fan

It's pretty crystal clear I'm a fan of his. The reason I'm saying if Brock can get a title shot off a 2-1 record, it's pretty much the same scenario. But at least Khamzat has fought more legit guys than Brock and beaten these legit guys.

Beating the champion makes it well deserved imo, title shots are not always earned, but beating the champ is good enough.

It's pretty crystal clear I'm a fan of his. The reason I'm saying if Brock can get a title shot off a 2-1 record, it's pretty much the same scenario. But at least Khamzat has fought more legit guys than Brock and beaten these legit guys.
You asked of it is well earned. It’s not. Neither was Brock’s. Dricus has earned it. It’s funny that you an example of someone else getting an undeserved shot to say this undeserved shot is legit. That was not earned by Brock and hasn’t been earned by Khamzat

I’ll ask again. How many top 20 middleweights will Khamzat have beaten if he beats Usman?

Beating a guy who is neither ranked nor competes at MW shouldn't earn you a title shot. And it isn't really fair after they promised the title shot to DDP.

If you beat the champ, you've earned the belt. Even if I don't feel Colby has earned his shot, if he wins he's the champ. Period. Same goes with Khamzat. I don't think beating Usman coming off 2 losses in a different division should earn a title shot, but if he fights Strickland and wins, he's earned the belt by beating the champ.

Hell no, blatant favoritism. If he beats Usman (a WW) he bypasses all for a titleshot without a single top 15 win?

WTF, who could ever consider that well earned?
lol. i agree.

seems to be the danastani way.

rewarding a guy who missed weight terribly last fight

and has not fought in a year or so.

all a guy has to do is stay inactive, talk a bunch of shit and complain that nobody will fight me.

all while avoiding any type of fight that is risky unless its for a top 3 spot.

and usada is the problem. the entertainment era is here

I dunno

but he'll probably keep on going and take the LHW belt as well

guy has a bit of beef with both Jiri and Pereira

you can say he didnt earn a title shot for beating Usman and thats fair though lets be real Usman is a more elite fighter than Costa. I'd rather the costa fight cause he's a MW and theres history with them but usman is a HOF. Even off two losses and up a class and on short notice its still a legit win but yeah its not worthy of a title shot.

But if he gets it and smokes the champ he's earned the status of champ. I do think DDP should get a title shot next and if khamzat wins he fights Costa and then a title shot.

Not at all. Getting a title shot without beating anyone in the division is usually reserved for a champ moving up (which I'm also not a fan of).

If Khamzat wins he will have only 2 top 10 wins in the UFC and none at MW. Meanwhile people like Tony, DDP, Leon, etc. have to clean out a division before they get considered for a title shot.

The matchmaking favoritism stinks

You asked of it is well earned. It’s not. Neither was Brock’s. Dricus has earned it. It’s funny that you an example of someone else getting an undeserved shot to say this undeserved shot is legit. That was not earned by Brock and hasn’t been earned by Khamzat

I’ll ask again. How many top 20 middleweights will Khamzat have beaten if he beats Usman?

You know the answer, why do I have to tell you. We're obviously not going to agree. So will leave it to that. Enjoy the fights.

Hell no, blatant favoritism. If he beats Usman (a WW) he bypasses all for a titleshot without a single top 15 win?

WTF, who could ever consider that well earned?

that alone ... nahhh

but to add in a W over the MW Champ should say something

we have to accept we are moving into a new age of UFC entertainment television

If heat beat Strickland then it's well earned and you are the champ, period. His path to the belt will have been shorter than most but if the end result is still beating the champ does it doesn't honestly matter because it would have been an inevitability. You should be more concerned if he's not defending the title.

A common phrase from a few years ago: "There are no easy fights in the UFC."

It's got to be at least 95% true.

If you book a fight in the UFC, your opponent is almost certainly going to be highly skilled and also highly motivated to bust you up.

it wasn't too long ago that people claimed strickland did not deserve a title shot.

and he has done more way more than khamzat.

Back