• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Chimaev beats Usman and then wins the MW title against Strickland, was it well earned?

If Chimaev beats Usman and than wins the MW title against Strickland, was it well earned?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or do you still think he doesn't deserve it?

What say you?

1-HRmc9ZHy3koCrNH_tvgWVX2Zw45x0LGb_6907HQEE.jpg

Dricus has put in the time, work, professionalism and beat the number one contender. Also has like 6 or 7 straight wins at MW without missing weight.

Khamzat beating an aged welterweight former champ should not allow him to skip the line

I would like to see him take the normal path. He beats Usman, beats a 4-10 ranked guy, then either a contender fight against 1-3 or maybe a TS if he's super dominant.

DDP has earned it and there are a ton of tough matchups at MW for anybody

Dricus has put in the time, work, professionalism and beat the number one contender. Also has like 6 or 7 straight wins at MW without missing weight.

Khamzat beating an aged welterweight former champ should not allow him to skip the line

I understand that but it's all about the bottomline here. Dana since Chimaev inception in the UFC always wanted him to be a champion. So there going to do what they can with their cash cow. It's clear as the night sky that they always wanted him to be a huge star, because he's very profitable and promotable. It all comes down to who can they make more money off from.

Turn down fights and to the back of the line... Dana has been doing this for years... and I'm not sure why DDP is surprised...

I understand that but it's all about the bottomline here. Dana since Chimaev inception in the UFC always wanted him to be a champion. So there going to do what they can with their cash cow. It's clear as the night sky that they always wanted him to be a huge star, because he's very profitable and promotable. It all comes down to who can they make more money off from.
Although this is true to an extent. There is still the matter of Khamzat being the best in the division. The belt was/is going to find him one way or another..

Although this is true to an extent. There is still the matter of Khamzat being the best in the division. The belt was/is going to find him one way or another..

If Chimaev beats both Usman and Strickland. It is meant to be, although if DDP beats Chimaev than that's even better and everything turned out for the best for the fans. In the long run it's all going to play out nicely and everyone will be satisfied imo.

Hell no, blatant favoritism. If he beats Usman (a WW) he bypasses all for a titleshot without a single top 15 win?

WTF, who could ever consider that well earned?

Well look at the votes, clearly there are people.

At this point I just hope Usman x Khamzat turns out to be a wall'n'stall fest snoozer that ends in a draw or SD.

It will be amazing to watch the mental gymnastics Dana will have to make to spin that into a MW title shot.

We gotta ask ourselves the questions: do we want the best guys or the most hard working guys. I choose the former.
How do you even know if they are the best guys if they don't even fight the other best guys? You are the type of fan who wouldn't had given Strickland the chance to fight Izzy because he wasn't "one of the best". Khamzat hasn't beaten anyone, if he is so good then why are you guys so scared of let him prove himself with a top 5 then?

Strickland accept fights against top 5 guys in short notice, Khamzat fights once a year and seems he was trying to avoid the 185 division to go for an easier belt at 170. Let Khamzat fight a contender. Don't be scared. If he is really the best then he will be champ eventually, you shouldn't be this scared for him to try to protect him on his way to the belt.

No but if Usman beats Khamzat, Usman should be champ immediately. Since he beat Strickland before, he automatically gets the belt.
Ponzinibio also beat Strickland, The Leech knocked out Ponzinibio, Khamzat handled the leech easily in one round. Khamzat is the actual champ already

<TheWire1>

Right, but your thread asked if it’s “well earned”. It’s not. How many top 20 middleweights has he beaten?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back