If Cerrone wins tonight, what are the odds he can beat Pettis.

KrausersRevenge

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cerrone's run is amazing and I honestly hope he wins this since Ben isn't staying at 155, so it's better for the decision if Cerrone takes it.

Now obviously if he does he has got a strong case for a title fight, but I think Pettis has his number. Cerrone has improved a lot by adding knees to his game, his wrestling has also come a long way. But Pettis skills are very sharp and he can capitalise on any chance.

Thoughts?

If he wins tonight he has probably a 0,00000000000000000000000001 % of chance in beating Pettis:
If he loses 0

0 he will never ever beat Pettis. Pettis doesn't wrestle to begin with so cerrone's wrestling doesn't matter and kicking distance is further away than kneeing distance and Cerrone only knees against guys rushing in so the fight would look like their first fight all over again

Indeed, I could see Pettis just eating him up again, Cerrone is best when moving forward and Pettis would keep the pressure on to get the win.

Pettis is a nightmare match up for Cowboy. He is better at everything. Cowboy can be unpredictable and I could see him landing a kick out of nowhere but the chances are very slim imo. Pettis is just to skilled.

I'm not sure how relevant a win over Bendo would be to his chances against Pettis.

In fact, I'm not sure how relevant a third fight against Bendo is to his chances against Bendo :p

Yeah, he could, if he stays focused, Pettis is mad over rated at the moment.

10% but for the love of God give the man a chance. He's current run is epic and will go down in UFC history as one of the most active and exciting.

Yeah, he could, if he stays focused, Pettis is mad over rated at the moment.

Man, you're crazy. Pettis is anything but over-rated, but I guess until he beats Khabib there will always be an element of doubt.

I personally don't think Cerrone stands a chance against him, as he didn't last time they fought. Not a whole lot of change in their game to suggest otherwise

I don't know not a pro odds maker but +185 or so? I guess....

Pettis is a nightmare for everyone in the division right now. We can see what RDA and perhaps Khabib have got for him, but Cerrone would be smart to continue to improve and avoid a title fight (if it is Pettis) for a little while longer.

The only guy that had a chance to beat Pettis imo was Melendez.

He was doing exactly what i thought he would.But i never thought he would get finished.

The rest of the LW's are really easy match ups for Pettis.

That being said,give Cerrone a title fight.Dude's a monster and is fighting all the time for the fans.If anyone deserves it,it's him!

As much as I've enjoyed Cowboy's run and admire the way he handles his business, I just think Pettis has his number.

With that said, circumstances allowed JDS to beat Cain (who completely has his number), so it's possible... But Pettis should be a HUUUUUGE favorite, and may win 10/10.

The only guy that had a chance to beat Pettis imo was Melendez.

He was doing exactly what i thought he would.But i never thought he would get finished.

The rest of the LW's are really easy match ups for Pettis.

That being said,give Cerrone a title fight.Dude's a monster and is fighting all the time for the fans.If anyone deserves it,it's him!

Yeah I agree on Melendez... That first round looked like he had the road map. Don't forget about Khabib though!!

Yeah I agree on Melendez... That first round looked like he had the road map. Don't forget about Khabib though!!

Cowboy said if he wins tonight, he's not leaving Boston until Dana give him Khabib.

Cowboy said if he wins tonight, he's not leaving Boston until Dana give him Khabib.

As much as the UFC likes to preserve title challengers, you gotta make Cowboy-Khabib. If for no other reason, cowboy won't sit on the shelf anyway, and outside of Cerrone or Pettis, not sure who would even be an entertaining fight for Khabib (sorry, Norman).

I love Cerrone, and Pettis is so unproven that I have no idea why people say things like he's the most skilled champion but....

It's just a horrible, awful, dreadful matchup for Cowboy. The things he does well, Pettis just does better on top of being the quicker athlete. Cowboy has underrated fight IQ particularly as of recent, and I could actually see him leaning heavily on wrestling and grappling - but even there Pettis is just so quick and slick.

Donald could win by fighting an absolutely perfect fight with no mistakes, or landing something "lucky". But I don't see it.

. cowboy is very good but not a championship material. benson will beat him tonight , pettis will beat him 10 out of 10

Back