If Cain gets stripped

it's not pointless. If the UFC sells Werdum vs JDS II for the HW title it sells more PPV than Werdum vs JDS and no title on the line. Regardless if the hardcore fans recognize the winner as the true champion. I doubt the casuals would care.

Ok, you're right that it would help Werdum and JDS sell more ppvs. But for anyone who knows who Cain is they won't be viewed as the #1 guy.

It would be pointless to strip Cain. Whoever wins the belt won't be viewed as the top guy anyway.

I disagree. People said the same when Cruz was stripped, but most fans adjusted to Barao as the champ fairly quickly.

In the era of one night tournaments, toughness and endurance counted for a lot. Now, in the era of perpetual injury, the same is true. A fighter who cannot fight should not be champ very long in most cases.

If anything, this situation could led to Cain refusing to fight his teammate and HW champion Cormier. Kinda like the situation before Cormier moved to LHW, but the other way around.

I would hate for Cormier to go back to HW. Even if Cain got stripped, he's fighting for the gold on his first outing back, and DC doesn't want that. DC did OK against Bones, he should stay at LHW, a lot of money to be made for him there, even without ever fighting Bones again.

If anything, this situation could led to Cain refusing to fight his teammate and HW champion Cormier. Kinda like the situation before Cormier moved to LHW, but the other way around.

I would be okay with this. DC fights a lot more than Cain so that wouldn't be a bad thing. at least the title would be defended.

If Cain cant fight he needs to he stripped. This is just getting ridiculous as of next month the guy will have only fought 6 times in the past 5 years. He'll be going on a year and a half on this one alone. The division needs to move on

hope it is brought to resolution soon. i want to see werdum fight.

If Cain was stripped then as Interim Champ Werdum would become the champion automatically (just like Barao was when Cruz was stripped)

JDS would be the obvious first defence I'd have thought; though I seriously doubt they would take the belt from Cain considering his marketability in Mexico

It would be pretty fucking hard to find a viable first contender. Browne and Hunt got smashed by Werdum not very long ago. JDS, while being 1-0 versus the champion, would not get a TS on the risk they would have to make Cain vs JDS IV next. Miocic had a great performance in his last fight and has some good wins in the division, but he'd still be coming off a loss. Same for Cormier. I guess an Overeem trilogy would be next if he gets past Roy Nelson.

He deserves to be stripped if he's not fighting this spring or summer. He's holding back the division.

F off.

B's too stupid to comprehend precedent piss me off so bad. It is YOU who ruin this sport.

What the F part of 567 days between title defenses do you turds fail to understand.

That is how many days that passed between one UFC champion (WW) title defenses WITHOUT getting his title stripped!

567 days between UFC title defenses was deemed 100% acceptable by Dana White. Don't hang Cain for this delima, push for Dana's termination and etch a timeframe in stone for all UFC title defenses.

How about being fair, a 567 day period for Cain ends on May 08, 2015.

Lets shelf this talk until April 01, 2015! OK?

No point stripping , all roads will lead to him eventually getting it back.

F off.

B's too stupid to comprehend precedent piss me off so bad. It is YOU who ruin this sport.

What the F part of 567 days between title defenses do you turds fail to understand.

That is how many days that passed between one UFC champion (WW) title defenses WITHOUT getting his title stripped!

567 days between UFC title defenses was deemed 100% acceptable by Dana White. Don't hang Cain for this delima, push for Dana's termination and etch a timeframe in stone for all UFC title defenses.

How about being fair, a 567 day period for Cain ends on May 08, 2015.

Lets shelf this talk until April 01, 2015! OK?

Dude, that 567 days was for GSP, who at the time had defended the belt six times in that title run. That's right. He fought the same amount of times Cain has in the last five years, all for title defenses, in a span of three years. Cain has defended the belt twice, both of which were in 2013. Let's not act like these two situations are even close to being the same.

Edit: Also, what's with all the "f off" stuff? Either spell like a big boy, or diversify your vocabulary. Right now you come off as an 11 year old roman catholic rebel who's idea of being bad is to imply swearing through a means of anagrams.

If Cain got stripped it would mean nothing.

Everyone in that division knows who they have to beat in order to be anything other than a paper champion.

Cain is the baddest man in the world and the only person who can say anything about that is Jon.

It's been so long since Cain has fought that I don't even consider him as champ any more. It's just another division at a stand still. Along with champs sitting out wasting their prime, you have the guys who want their title shots sitting out and wasting away too. Let's get these fighters active and these divisions moving.

Personally, JDS as the previous champion v Werdum as interim.

At the moment in my mind their is no champion, Cain hasnt fought in so long hes not the champ, and Werdum just has the paper belt.

If Cain can't make it to the title fight I think they'll strip him, declare Werdum the official champion and possibly do Reem/Werdum next.

I think they want to avoid having JDS as champion if at all possible and will do Browne/Junior next.

March 29 is Wrestlemania, and also the last day on Brock Lesnar's WWE contract.

March 30 Cain will be stripped and it will be Lesnar vs. Werdum for the belt.

:icon_lol:

Back