If Cain gets stripped

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Werdum vs Cormier for the belt would be good idea. It will be Cormier's last chance at gold.

I'm guessing it would be #1 vs #2 which would be Werdum vs JDS II. If Cain is stripped hopefully the UFC makes him fight 3 times in a year span to show he knows how to train without getting injured before giving a title fight.

^

I also think it will be JDS. By the time Cain vs Werdum is supposed to happen, Junior will likely have another top 5-10 win and will be deserving of a title shot (just not against Cain).

^

I also think it will be JDS. By the time Cain vs Werdum is supposed to happen, Junior will likely have another top 5-10 win and will be deserving of a title shot (just not against Cain).

he wants another crack at Cain and if he ends up as no2 again then it shouldn't matter how many times they have fought before, and who the f*** else would you really wanna see fight Cain ahead of him? (besides Werdum)

Mark Hunt seems the only possibility to me and he's lost against the 2 top guys he's faced recently.

he wants another crack at Cain and if he ends up as no2 again then it shouldn't matter how many times they have fought before, and who the f*** else would you really wanna see fight Cain ahead of him? (besides Werdum)

Mark Hunt seems the only possibility to me and he's lost against the 2 top guys he's faced recently.

Miocic, Browne, hell, even Hunt or Overeem. Just because JDS has more of a chance of beating Cain that those 4 guys and Werdum doesn't mean those guys aren't allowed to fight for the title.

JDS has been massacred 2 times in a row by Cain, it's pretty evident he only has a punchers chance and it's getting pretty boring watching JDS vs Cain fights.

Lawler vs Hendricks are close and pretty exciting, but nobody even wants to see those guys fight a third time. So imagine what a shitty PPV JDS vs Cain IV would be.

Miocic, Browne, hell, even Hunt or Overeem. Just because JDS has more of a chance of beating Cain that those 4 guys and Werdum doesn't mean those guys aren't allowed to fight for the title.

JDS has been massacred 2 times in a row by Cain, it's pretty evident he only has a punchers chance and it's getting pretty boring watching JDS vs Cain fights.

Lawler vs Hendricks are close and pretty exciting, but nobody even wants to see those guys fight a third time. So imagine what a shitty PPV JDS vs Cain IV would be.

but the Hendricks - Lawler trilogy has been back to back, for Hendricks at least.

but yeah I did forget about Miocic and he is probably still 1 good win away from a title shot, based on his last performance, but Overeem? that is never going to happen, not even in this crazy universe where Chael got a title shot at LHW :D

if Cain is stripped then we might see it I guess but even then, I don't see Overeem keeping his head above water long enough for Cain to return. I think Arlovski has more chance of getting a title shot, another name neither of us previously mentioned.

but the Hendricks - Lawler trilogy has been back to back, for Hendricks at least.

but yeah I did forget about Miocic and he is probably still 1 good win away from a title shot, based on his last performance, but Overeem? that is never going to happen, not even in this crazy universe where Chael got a title shot at LHW :D

if Cain is stripped then we might see it I guess but even then, I don't see Overeem keeping his head above water long enough for Cain to return. I think Arlovski has more chance of getting a title shot, another name neither of us previously mentioned.

Yeah I forgot about Arlovski ahaha, way more deserving than Overeem.

But there are quite a few guys one or two wins away from a title shot, but the only way I see JDS getting one is if Cain loses the belt.

there are quite a few guys one or two wins away from a title shot, but the only way I see JDS getting one is if Cain loses the belt.

That's funny, cause the topic at hand is "Cain loses the belt".

Is Cain's recovery goingata extremely slow ?

It would be pointless to strip Cain. Whoever wins the belt won't be viewed as the top guy anyway.

Cain get re-injured or was there an update or his condition, or is this all just total idle speculation?

It really is a crying shame Cain can't stay healthy. He truly is a 1 in a million fighter but the world hardly ever gets to see it while he sits out most of his prime on the sidelines injured.

I hope he can string together some injury free consecutive fights before he begins to lose a step.

It would be pointless to strip Cain. Whoever wins the belt won't be viewed as the top guy anyway.

it's not pointless. If the UFC sells Werdum vs JDS II for the HW title it sells more PPV than Werdum vs JDS and no title on the line. Regardless if the hardcore fans recognize the winner as the true champion. I doubt the casuals would care.

I refuse to.

;)

500px-Oh-you-show.jpg

It really is a crying shame Cain can't stay healthy. He truly is a 1 in a million fighter but the world hardly ever gets to see it while he sits out most of his prime on the sidelines injured.

I hope he can string together some injury free consecutive fights before he begins to lose a step.

It's sad that most of the time we see Cain it's advertising Metro PCS and not fighting.

If Werdurm wins, JDS should be the next in line.

If Cain wins, then I have no fucking clue who would be next.

Werdurm winning would be so great for the HW division....and Cigano.

Neither Barao or Dillashaw really had this problem, Ortiz had a lengendary reign after Frank Shamrock left the UFC 5-0 and five finishes, including 4 first round stoppages.

Anyway if Cain is stripped, JDS vs Werdum II would be the most logical fight.

It's sad that most of the time we see Cain it's advertising Metro PCS and not fighting.

Seriously man. And that latest Metro commercial with him & Rhonda where she dodges the bag is fucking PAINFUL. I wonder what 12yr old they hired to write that screen play.

Back