If Ben Rothwell fights Cro Cop within the near future...

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and KO's him. Can we say that Ben Rothwell is K-1 championship level?

He already knocked out Overeem in a pure standup fight.

CC knocking out Rothwell with a vintage headkick and riding off into the sunset would be one of the most glorious events in MMA history.

GSP took down many accomplished wrestlers... does that make his wrestling NCAA championship level?

I duuno, guys. Big Ben said we haven't seen anything yet. Whatever's coming, I don't wanna see it unleashed on CC.

Ben Rothwell, future HW champ.

Mark my words.

Rothwell has been a beast lately. A lot of people don't give him enough respect as a fighter.

This version of Rothwell beats today's version of Cro Cop (even though I would be rooting for Cro Cop....I can accept reality)

lol, funny choice right? Good point though.

He trains and has trained with some of the best wrestlers for a looooong time, I'm sure he's/he was at NCAA level at the very least in his prime. Him doing what he did in the Octagon doesn't do it for him though, no, was very impressive but it was the training.

GSP wasn't the best example.

lol, funny choice right? Good point though.

He trains and has trained with some of the best wrestlers for a looooong time, I'm sure he's/he was at NCAA level at the very least in his prime. Him doing what he did in the Octagon doesn't do it for him though, no, was very impressive but it was the training.

GSP wasn't the best example.

Actually its quite absurd to even suggest GSPs pure wrestling was on the level of an NCAA Champ. He used strikes and footwork to set up his TDs, wont even get into the intricacies of Folk/Freestyle wrestling, but in a straight wrestling match (where a wrestler doesnt have to worry about strikes, submissions, or giving up position) its a whole different ball game.

GSP also outgrappled many legit Black Belts in MMA, does that put him on par with an ADCC/Mundials champ?

If you say yes please go look at his ADCC record.

I wouldnt say so, they are two different sports. Although similar in some ways obviously, I dont see Ben doing well in K1

at this point Rothwell smashes CroCop

I was really looking forward to their fight at UFC 110 until Ben pulled out.

I thought CC might have had a decent chance back then, but looks like big ben has rounded out his game some more in that period.

Ben by TKO, but you never know

Rothwell pulled out of a fight with Cro Cop like 2 days before the fight.

It was an Australia UFC show, I think it was in early 2010. That was when Perosh stepped up on basically no notice.

Back