If Aldo loses to Munhoz...

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
I have no problem with him being aggressive.
I wish he would kick like old times though. IMO it was his most feared weapon, and he just stopped using it for no apparent good reason.

BTW, I will probably cry as well!!!

Injuries. Dude got in a vehicle accident, broke his foot, etc.

I was looking at his record this morning. Nothing but killers for the past 12 years. Absolute legend.

I don't think so...
If I recall, he was not kicking against Chad or Frankie that came before him.
He stopped after Faber, which was very surprised after how much dmg he dealt to Faber's legs...
He knocked Chad out in the first after a clinch heavy first round. Frankie is amazing at catching leg kicks. Then he fought KZ and broke his foot early

He did some damage to Florian with kicks, then he got into a motorcycle wreck in Sept 2012 and messed up his foot. I think that had more to do with him not throwing as many kicks than breaking his foot against KZ.

oooh!
Good memory !!! I remember that acident!
I was so mad at him for it! (I though after Mir's accident, the UFC put on all fighter's contracts that they couldn't ride bikes or do radical sports... well... Cowboy was an exception) :)

A few years ago this would be a walk over for Aldo - now it is a much closer fight. I'd say Jose is the favourite but not by much at this stage of his career.

If he loses, particularly if it is clear cut (stoppage or UD) then he should think about hanging them up.

His loss to Conor is the 2nd saddest I’ve ever been at the result of a sporting event. He’s been my favorite fighter since he kneed Cubs head off.

It’s been clear for a while he isn’t winning a belt again. That being said I think he still has the skills to beat anyone in a 3 round fight and I think he’s going to prove me right. I’m on the Aldo wagon until the wheels fall off.

I think he'll win or at the very least not lose badly, he's lost 3 of his last 4 but the only one he took any real punishment in was the Yan loss. Munhoz is good but I can't see him finishing Aldo or pressuring him the whole fight

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
I have no problem with him being aggressive.
I wish he would kick like old times though. IMO it was his most feared weapon, and he just stopped using it for no apparent good reason.

BTW, I will probably cry as well!!!

Definitely injuries

He probably trained like an animal in his 20's and did little to recover or keep his body efficient and it caught up to him in his 30's

But he's just one of those special fighters that even with all the injuries he's still one of the best

It was the moped accident right? I forget which fight got postponed (maybe Mendes 2), but he stopped throwing leg kicks afterwards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back