If Aldo loses to Munhoz...

Same

Aldo is still extremely talented

I just personally feel like he doesn't use his talent fully

He puts SO much power and explosiveness into every shot

I know this sounds strange, but imagine if Aldo paced himself like Floyd does.

The reason I bring that comparison up is because both fighters are so fast and explosive. But Floyds fight IQ is tiers above Aldos

Same

Aldo is still extremely talented

I just personally feel like he doesn't use his talent fully

He puts SO much power and explosiveness into every shot

I know this sounds strange, but imagine if Aldo paced himself like Floyd does.

The reason I bring that comparison up is because both fighters are so fast and explosive. But Floyds fight IQ is tiers above Aldos
I know what you mean, Aldo feels the need to win every exchange. He often seems like he doesn't look at it from a whole-fight perspective. However, his ability to make the opponent second guess themselves every time they initiate an exchange is down to the fact that he punishes them for every mistake, even if it costs him cardio wise.

Aldo on EPO is the scariest fighter ever.

Win or lose, just appreciate that this guy is fighting at this level a weight class down and taking no easy fights whatsoever. War Aldo.
Absolutely, I love the guy and his fights. What he has done at BW post prime is amazing.

I just don't want to see him take more damage. It makes me sad.

Aldo gave Peter Yan a hell of a fight, but it is clear he will never be king again

I love Aldo, but after what Conor did to him, I highly doubt I can ever be more disappointed in an Aldo loss

He is now 34 years old in a young man's division, and he is about 50 years old in terms of fight mileage

Lucky for him, he is fighting another 34 year old who Frankie Edgar recently edged out

Let's go Aldo :)
Ervi6LFW8AAiD0w.jpg

I think Munhoz got robbed (relatively speaking) in his split decision with Edgar.

Pedro is legit and I don't think there is any shame in losing to him. Aldo is in the last leg of his career and his best days are behind him. I can see either guy getting his hand raised.

Personally I would like to see Aldo retire after his next win, be it this fight or the following. He's achieved true greatness and earned good money. It bothers me to think about a pioneer like Jose getting more brain trauma at this point. War Aldo, but lets get this wrapped up.

Facts

How long has Aldo been doing this at the highest level? its insane!

Especially after USADA
I don’t think he was on the gear. At least not during his UFC run. I think he just had a lot of lingering injuries so he paced himself knowing he was superior to his opponents. It didn’t catch up to him until he fought Max and now at 135 he’s doing the same. Yan was is just better at this point. He should beat Munhoz but it all depends on the durability of his legs. If they hold up he easily outboxes Pedro but if they’re shot…

Unfortunately considering how long he's been at it at this kind of level we are getting to the territory where any fight now the shoe could drop for Aldo and it'll be over for him as a top level fighter. Although not a champion anymore he's still competitive. But the damage he took from the two max fights, and the Yan fight were definitely steep. Combined with just the general wear and tear even in victory of all the training camps, and fights against top contenders. The guy has been fighting either in the top 5-10ish, or Championship fights since 2009. Vera was like the first non top 5 guy he had fought since capturing the belt in WEC. And even before that he had fought for 5 years previously. Long and storied career. Hopefully we still see some Hallmark Aldo for a while to come still. But we gotta be real. He's 35 in Sept and has been fighting professionally as of this month for 17 years.

I had a vision that Aldo broke his leg trying to answer Munoz's own calf kicks. I obviously do not hope that this happens but I saw it so clearly it made me sick.

Back