Idk about you but I’m ready to crown Dustin Poirier as the second greatest lightweight ever

Khabib didn't fight enough at lightweight.

He only fought 11 times at lightweight in the UFC. His other 2 fights were at catchweight.

As a 20 year old, Khabib debuted as a lightweight for 5 fights on the regional circuit, but all but one of them were scheduled for only 2 rounds.

After his 21st birthday, Khabib fought at welterweight for 11 fights in Russia and Ukraine. This explains why he had such difficulty cutting to 155 when he came to the UFC, resulting in missing weight and pulling out of fights.

Khabib has the same number of welterweight fights in Russia/Ukraine as he has lightweight fights in the UFC.

It's hard to say but he's a seriously tough fight.

He's very very good.

the first one to crack Mcnuggets chin.

won the interim belt.

beat the breaks off Max Holloway in a way that hasn’t been done yet.

finished Justin Gaethje.

ALMOST finished Khabib.

The only accolade that he hasn’t had is becoming undisputed champ but to be honest I mean ... in this khabibless era he’s probably gonna touch the belt eventually. But also does that one fact rlly matter since he didn’t exactly beat the guy but he smashed everyone else?

if he beats Conor again (a former champ champ who has KO’s in 3 weight classes) then Dustin Poirier stamps his ticket as a top 25 mma fighter of all time and 2nd best lightweight fighter in mma history.

No .

Khabib didn't fight enough at lightweight.

He only fought 11 times at lightweight in the UFC. His other 2 fights were at catchweight.

As a 20 year old, Khabib debuted as a lightweight for 5 fights on the regional circuit, but all but one of them were scheduled for only 2 rounds.

After his 21st birthday, Khabib fought at welterweight for 11 fights in Russia and Ukraine. This explains why he had such difficulty cutting to 155 when he came to the UFC, resulting in missing weight and pulling out of fights.

Khabib has the same number of welterweight fights in Russia/Ukraine as he has lightweight fights in the UFC.

And he's still the lightweight GOAT. Incredible!

Khabib
Tony
Benson
Frankie
BJ

Not impossible but still a tall order to put Dustin as the 2nd best LW ever.

Khabib
Tony
Benson
Frankie
BJ

Not impossible but still a tall order to put Dustin as the 2nd best LW ever.

I'd gotta say Dustin now starches tony, benson and probably frankie in their primes

Conor is a bum, beating him isn't relevant. Dustin is chasing that GOAT status but I think he'll fall short.

There are so many fighters i still put above him

Edgar, Penn, Pettis, Benson.

they all win the UFC belt.

I'd gotta say Dustin now starches tony, benson and probably frankie in their primes
TinyAggressiveLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

Conor is a bum, beating him isn't relevant. Dustin is chasing that GOAT status but I think he'll fall short.

He’s the first guy to crack Conor’s chin. Mega feat.

And dude is also the first champ champ that’s an accolade you can’t diminish.

Penn
Khabib
Edgar
Bendo
RDA
Pettis

All of them were actual champions and stylistically give Dustin a hard time. Maybe he beats prime Pettis or Edgar whosBW, but his chin used to be titanium. Prime BJ Diego's him, Khabib already beat him. I like Dustin but dont conor fan over him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back