Idea's for Man Caves

There are few things more depressing than some contrived "manly" shit quarantined to a room in the house, especially if you've hired a woman to put it together. Just put some shit down there that you like and let it turn out how it turns out and if that's not "manly"... well it's because you're not manly and all the rolling rock signs in the world won't convince anyone otherwise.

The whole man cave thing is kinda weird since I am single. But there is reasoning behind making a

Needs more bar.
index_available_home_bar_plans_2012a.png

Spider gag
Handcuffs
Video camera
Comfortably numb brand deep throat spray

TS a few things are a must

1. punching bag
2. weight bench or some variation of it
3. ping pong table
4. no fewer than 1 samurai sword

Bar, home theater, pool table, whatever else you and your friends are into. I would probably have a poker table, darts, maybe a ping-pong table (or one that fits on the pool table).

You can do all sorts of things and spend all sorts of money, but focus on the things you know will get used. There are plenty of pictures of cool man caves, but unless you're really into old school arcade games or whatever else, it's mostly a really expensive conversation starter.

(If I was rich) I would make mine like this;

20167_3d_space_scene_view_from_a_futuristic_space_station.jpg

I would have a giant plasma screen showing space so it felt like you were on an orbiting space station.
Top it off with a nice 2001 theme.

2001eehellsq6.jpg

Do you want other guys to come in your man cave?

You got the home-gym covered. Massive props for that. My vote goes for the library or classic bar.

There are few things more depressing than some contrived "manly" shit quarantined to a room in the house, especially if you've hired a woman to put it together. Just put some shit down there that you like and let it turn out how it turns out and if that's not "manly"... well it's because you're not manly and all the rolling rock signs in the world won't convince anyone otherwise.

Winning post right here.

The idea behind a man cave- apparently- is that you need to have a "manly" space in the house because your wife and kids wussify your savage style and dominate the rest of the house.

If you're this fucking stupid, just stay single and live with roommates forever so you can bro out the rest of your life. If not, grow the hell up and share the house along with the rest of your family.

Only a couple cool things have been mentioned ITT already.

I go with an antique soda machine with sliding door

soda-machine.jpg

and a pinball machine to enjoy for hours

cab1.jpg

You got the home-gym covered. Massive props for that. My vote goes for the library or classic bar.

I actually have library/Office covered on the main floor where a parlor normally is on this style of house. kinda why i having issues with ideas for the space. Only thing i was really set on is a nice big bar because i collect nice bottles of whiskey and scotch and to close of some off the space for old style looking movie theater room for watching movies.

Winning post right here.

The idea behind a man cave- apparently- is that you need to have a "manly" space in the house because your wife and kids wussify your savage style and dominate the rest of the house.

If you're this fucking stupid, just stay single and live with roommates forever so you can bro out the rest of your life. If not, grow the hell up and share the house along with the rest of your family.

I agree with both of you.
Mine is less a man-cave, and more a cool media room because it's basically just a big tv.

Winning post right here.

I don

Back