Idea's for Man Caves

Seph

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So last year I decided to take the plunge and move into a house. After a year of construction things are starting to get close to being done. So now next week I am meeting with the designers about the basement, normally this would have been done months ago but at the time I was thinking I would do it all myself and be all manly and stuff. Recently I came to the understand I am not very manly and kinda lazy so I would rather just have someone finish the basement for me.

The whole idea all along was to turn it into a man cave, old pub looking place. So my question is anyone have any good ideas. Basement is around 2200 square feet.

So far I was thinking a small theater room and nice big wet bar, but after that I am kinda lost on ideas to give her.

Anyone do this recently have and good ideas for me?

Big screen TV, home theater set up, pool table, videogames, mini bar, gun safe(s)

Teacher: So Johnny, how was your weekend?
Johnny: Horrible. A car hit my dog, right in the a**!
Teacher (correcting Johnny's language): Rectum.
Johnny: Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Giant prints like this.

c319dbf5-a6b3-4fd6-811c-206fd23dc874.jpg

Pool table.

Bar with a kegerator.

Sex dungeon or bust. Pun intended.

man cave sounds like a homosexual sex lair

Maybe a theme for your basement?

YRjQ9G5.jpg

3ywqaLk.jpg

8mapGvy.jpg

e4Dknwh.jpg

Who ever this kids parent are they are the coolest people ever.

Unless its a 35 year old man living in the room then we kinda get a creepy factor.

Cages
Experimentation rooms
Gas chambers
Crematorium

Home gym ffs. Powercage, big-ass soundsystem to blast metal.

There are few things more depressing than some contrived "manly" shit quarantined to a room in the house, especially if you've hired a woman to put it together. Just put some shit down there that you like and let it turn out how it turns out and if that's not "manly"... well it's because you're not manly and all the rolling rock signs in the world won't convince anyone otherwise.

Home gym ffs. Powercage, big-ass soundsystem to blast metal.

The house is a old colonial style, so I am using a big chunk of the 3rd floor attack space as a gym. But the sound system is something I forgot about, maybe a jukebox wired into one of those ceiling speaker systems.

Back