Ice T nails it

Lmao, **like.

I seriously wonder if these people are trolling, stupid or just plain brainwashed.

How the fuck to you see what is happening and have the gall to call it "peaceful protests "
Lol.

They'll probably blame this all on umbrella man again. Lol

Even if a group of protesters aren't being violent the phrase "peaceful protest" is dishonest and an oxymoron.

Peaceful - free from disturbance; tranquil.

A bunch of people blocking traffic, and hollering fuck the police is far from a tranquil situation. I don't think anybody is denying there are some systemic issues in the Black community, but I still don't get why some people treat them like they don't have to have any kind of personal responsibility for their actions. These protests have caused over a billion dollars in damages. That is not the outcome of a peaceful gathering.

"We can't trust these stupid ass celebs in Hollywood. They don't know what life is actually like for real people."
Or maybe finally a Hollywood type that isn't reading from the same script. It's not that I agree with him per say, it's that he isn't regurgitating the same thing that everyone else in Hollywood is. He instead group thinking St us like the other twats are. Which is refreshing
a minute later

"Ice T nails it"

So it's ok that a celebrity voices their opinion now because you agree with them? Gotchya. Or maybe its ok for everyone to voice their opinions.
I didn’t say I agree with him, I don’t to think that cops are anyone else has the opinion of no lives matter is wrong and messed up respectably

BLM just seems like a general statement to me and not a group or organization.

I agree that the protests have become less focused and are more sloppy than anything — at least in some instances.

The people (right and left) who support social justice need to focus their message and separate themselves from the fuckery in the streets.

"We can't trust these stupid ass celebs in Hollywood. They don't know what life is actually like for real people."

a minute later

"Ice T nails it"
The difference is Ice-T actually displayed rational thought and didn't go on some emotionally driven delusional rant about Hitler, concentration camps, ACAB and taking everyone's guns away.

Is Ice T actually jailing it, or is TS just saying that because he likes what Ice T is saying?

You decide.

Is Ice T actually jailing it, or is TS just saying that because he likes what Ice T is saying?

You decide.
The only message that Ice T is really saying is that money matters over race, and the perception of power, regardless of how you look, will always make things a bit easier when dealing with the police... which is true. But even in the song he still acknowledges that racism is very real, and he isn't denying it at all in the interview.

A while ago, Ice T was being interviewed. He made an interesting point.

He was concerned that youth in his neighborhood were idolizing the local drug dealer because he drove an expensive car. His retort was "Sure, the guy drives a BMW, but he still lives in the same ghetto."

The only message that Ice T is really saying is that money matters over race, and the perception of power, regardless of how you look, will always make things a bit easier when dealing with the police... which is true. But even in the song he still acknowledges that racism is very real, and he isn't denying it at all in the interview.
In the real world I would replace racism with profiling and for good reason

Exactly. And there's still racism everywhere. Look at how people, especially police, treat black people. That's imputable to endemic racism.

Yeah that's kinda the point of the video in the OP....

The song "No Lives Matter" talks about it in detail but takes great care to point out that the issue at hand is far deeper than just skin colour. A black person suffering at the hands of systemic racism should consider their position and those responsible for it and target their response appropriately, rather than wasting all that energy on irrelevant targets that serve only to increase the gap between the haves and have nots whilst continuing to empower the systemic racism these types protest in the first place.

Pay attention, this shit was relevant long before what we know today.... Lyrics as follows:

It's unfortunate that we even have to say 'Black Lives Matter'
I mean, if you go through history nobody ever gave a fuck
I mean, you can kill black people in the street
Nobody goes to jail, nobody goes to prison

But when I say 'Black Lives Matter' and you say 'All Lives Matter'
That's like if I was to say 'Gay Lives Matter'
And you say 'All Lives Matter'
If I said, 'Women's Lives Matter' and you say 'All Lives Matter'
You're diluting what I'm saying
You're diluting the issue
The issue isn't about everybody, it's about black lives, at the moment

But the truth of the matter is, they don't really give a fuck about anybody
If you break this shit all the way down to the low fucking dirty-ass truth

We say that 'Black Lives Matter'
Well truthfully they really never have
No one ever really gave a fuck
Just read your bullshit history books
But honestly it ain't just black
It's yellow, it's brown, it's red
It's anyone who ain't got cash
Poor whites that they call trash

They can't, fuck with us
Once they realise we're all on the same side
They can't, split us up
And let them prosper off the divide
They can't, fuck with us
Once they realize we're all on the same side
They can't, split us up

Don't fall for the bait and switch
Racism is real, but not it
They fuck whoever can't fight back
But now we gotta change all that
The people have had enough
Right now, it's them against us
This shit is ugly to the core
When it comes to the poor
No lives matter

America's always been
A place that judge by skin
And racism is real as fuck
Ain't no way to play that off
And in the eyes of the law
Black skin has always stood for poor
This is basic shit
They know who they fucking with

They can't, fuck with us
Once they realise we're all on the same side
They can't, split us up
They can't, fuck with us
Once they realize we're all on the same side
They can't, split us up

No lives matter

You never see them pulling rich people out of their cars
In their neighbourhoods because they know they got lawyers
They know they'll sue their ass
They can tell who to fuck with
Unfortunately, black or brown skin has always meant poor
They're profiling you kid
They know you can't fight back, but we about to

Investigators say they are reviewing body camera
And dashcam video of Tuesday's shooting
Police say that Keith Lamont Scott did have a gun
In his hand when an officer shot him
But a new picture of the scene shows something at Scott's feet
A source tells our Charlotte affiliate it may be a gun
But people in the neighbourhood say the
Father of four was holding a book instead
Officer Vinson was in plain clothes when the shooting happened
He was not wearing a body worn camera
But we are told that three other officers wore theirs
The department is under increasing pressure
To release police videos from the shooting
But the police chief says he will not do that right now
Because of the investigation

No lives matter

No lives matter
No lives matter

Edit: and key part that isn't written in the lyrics above appears at approx. 3:38-3:42 of the official video: "Listen to me - this shit is deeper than racism".

Is there any position on either side that would argue differently?

Last edited:
In the real world I would replace racism with profiling and for good reason
It depends on where you are and who you know. In some places in the country, racism is alive and well. It's just been subdued because of the shame attached to it. That has been slowly changing these past few years, though.

Even if a group of protesters aren't being violent the phrase "peaceful protest" is dishonest and an oxymoron.

Peaceful - free from disturbance; tranquil.

A bunch of people blocking traffic, and hollering fuck the police is far from a tranquil situation. I don't think anybody is denying there are some systemic issues in the Black community, but I still don't get why some people treat them like they don't have to have any kind of personal responsibility for their actions. These protests have caused over a billion dollars in damages. That is not the outcome of a peaceful gathering.

preaching to the choir. I've been saying all of this since day one.

Back