Ice T nails it

I really hate these threads where someone in hollywood or whatever gets a stage they have no business on, but I heard this last night and thought he's being a voice of reason in a time when we could really use it.

quick question, why are there almost no African Americans at the BLM riots? maybe because they aren't really behind this bs

Is this what late night comic shows have turned into?

Did he even say much? Only thing I gathered from that was he thought it was more class based than race based. I don't totally disagree, but that's where systemic racism comes in to play. A lot of cause and effect of racist actions and legislation over hundreds of years made black people lower class.

You can't deny people a reasonable wage and education for generations and then say their current problems have nothing to do with race but class. They're directly connected.

only a stupid person believes there is systematic racism in america. Only the stupidest people who don't know shit believe there is systematic racism. They say that UNEQUAL outcome = systematic racism. That is not the case and only the dumbest assholes think that.

Jim Crow was systematic racism. It is gone. Now, Harvard and Yale do systematically discriminate against asians though...

Guess what the NBA is not racist and neither is anything else. If you can prove racism in hiring practice you can have a nice lawsuit.

FACTS > FEELINGS
EVIDENCE > GHOST HUNTING

It depends on where you are and who you know. In some places in the country, racism is alive and well. It's just been subdued because of the shame attached to it. That has been slowly changing these past few years, though.
can't disagree with that but its a two way street, however the picture thats been painted is there is systemic racism running throughout most police departments

here's a good bit on what they are actually dealing with

first podcast Denise

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/

only a stupid person believes there is systematic racism in america. Only the stupidest people who don't know shit believe there is systematic racism. They say that UNEQUAL outcome = systematic racism. That is not the case and only the dumbest assholes think that.

Jim Crow was systematic racism. It is gone. Now, Harvard and Yale do systematically discriminate against asians though...

Guess what the NBA is not racist and neither is anything else. If you can prove racism in hiring practice you can have a nice lawsuit.

FACTS > FEELINGS
EVIDENCE > GHOST HUNTING
So you don't believe in cause and effect?

I really hate these threads where someone in hollywood or whatever gets a stage they have no business on, but I heard this last night and thought he's being a voice of reason in a time when we could really use it.

quick question, why are there almost no African Americans at the BLM riots? maybe because they aren't really behind this bs

Oh so when a celeb says something that aligns with your worldview then it is reasonable and needs to be promoted.

I just think it's funny how Ice-T, a real-life felon, nails it while Rich prep kid ice cube is still fronting like he is a gangster when he was just an actor

People who worked hard and make good choices have excelled from all walks of life. Those who have made poor choices & settled for hand outs be it from government or trust funds have failed from all walks of life.
Wow, that's even dumber than what the first guy said. You don't think 245 years of slavery followed by another 98 years of disenfranchisement is going to have an impact on the next 55 years after that?

Wow, that's even dumber than what the first guy said. You don't think 245 years of slavery followed by another 98 years of disenfranchisement is going to have an impact on the next 55 years after that?
I would believe in this more if it wasn't for the fact that illegal immigrants from cartel run, war torn mexico are able to do better in america

Do me a favor
Google search the historical median income for African Americans.

Funny how they were richer when they were enslaved, segragated and villed, yet the moment they embrace demoncraptic policies they turn into the poor class

Do some fucking research AFrican American Communnites have historically done just as good if not better then White families

You can literally create a graph that shows the AA community falling behined as soon as welfare was established.. and as soon as black Communnites started voting for their slave masters the demoncraptic party

You have no idea what you are talking about

So you don't believe in cause and effect?

I do. Not sure how that is in any fucking way a rebuttal to my point at all.
You know who goes to jail less than white people in the USA? Asians
You know who is about to take over as the wealthiest race in the USA? Asians

So if you want EQUAL OUTCOMES then put in EQUAL INCOMES.

I could never put in equal incomes with Shaq or Einstein no matter how hard I tried....so I guess that is why I don't have NBA championships and have not created any scientific theories.
It has zero to do with race.

The biggest issue with the black community is the high level of single parent households..it affects all races in the same way... leads to poverty.

So again, you really don't have an argument for me. That is because you just take the dumb shit that dumb people say uncritically as axioms.

NOTE: I used "incomes" as a play on words with outcomes. I could have used you want equal outcomes put in equal effort.

Do me a favor

Funny how they were richer when they were enslaved, segragated and villed, yet the moment they embrace demoncraptic policies they turn into the poor class

Do some fucking research AFrican American Communnites have historically done just as good if not better then White families

You can literally create a graph that shows the AA community falling behined as soon as welfare was established.. and as soon as black Communnites started voting for their slave masters the demoncraptic party

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It's evident by your lazy google searches and your dumb assumptions about welfare.

Do me a favor

Right now white families have $10 for every $1 a black family has on average. You're telling me that's entirely because they vote Democrat?

I'd be interested in that graph, I'm sure someone has made it and you should be able to find it easily. Meanwhile I will put my trust in an article like this.

Feel free to check that out and debunk it since you have all the facts. That is if you really think it's full of lies.

Did he even say much? Only thing I gathered from that was he thought it was more class based than race based. I don't totally disagree, but that's where systemic racism comes in to play. A lot of cause and effect of racist actions and legislation over hundreds of years made black people lower class.

You can't deny people a reasonable wage and education for generations and then say their current problems have nothing to do with race but class. They're directly connected.

Oh Jesus... Get outta here with that silly talk. Boogeyman concepts like systemic racism in today's world is pure B.S.

What this whole thing boils down to is not rocket science or advanced physics... It's actually simple... Otherwise intelligent white people have to make every excuse possible, to deny the obvious- Black people have trouble in well ordered Western societies. No amount of reparations, de-funding police, etc, will help. Self-hating whites will come up with the stupidest theories, even incriminating themselves, to explain away black criminality.

Been keeping up with this band for decades. Their message is completely garbled a lot of times. But No Lives Matter nails it pretty well. Racism exists, but nobody gives a fuck about trailer trash either. Not like they're gonna get opportunity cause they're white. They're poor, and they're literally referred to as trash.

I would believe in this more if it wasn't for the fact that illegal immigrants from cartel run, war torn mexico are able to do better in america
Hey, a counter argument that isn't complete garbage.
I do. Not sure how that is in any fucking way a rebuttal to my point at all.
You know who goes to jail less than white people in the USA? Asians
You know who is about to take over as the wealthiest race in the USA? Asians

So if you want EQUAL OUTCOMES then put in EQUAL INCOMES.

I could never put in equal incomes with Shaq or Einstein no matter how hard I tried....so I guess that is why I don't have NBA championships and have not created any scientific theories.
It has zero to do with race.

The biggest issue with the black community is the high level of single parent households..it affects all races in the same way... leads to poverty.

So again, you really don't have an argument for me. That is because you just take the dumb shit that dumb people say uncritically as axioms.

NOTE: I used "incomes" as a play on words with outcomes. I could have used you want equal outcomes put in equal effort.
So the answer I would give above will be similar to the one I give here. The different groups have very different circumstances.

First off Mexicans aren't fairing that much better than African Americans. I mean there's a reason Donald Trump basically won the election on the platform of getting rid of them.

The big advantage Asians and Latinos have over black people economically is that they have niche markets through their language and cultures. They often form local community hubs and support eachother much more. Black haircare isn't even ran by black people, it's Korean because they had the resources from the get go to capture the market.

That's not to mention the support of those home countries and the built in networks they have there. Also more of a safety net if their businesses do fail in America.

I can't break it down nearly as eloquently as @panamaican, so hopefully he can elaborate a little more or clarify. But the argument isn't remotely as simple as inequality of outcome when you factor in what was taken from African American communities, their wealth, languages, religions, and cultures. They've done a damn good job forming their own unique culture in those ashes, but that had an impact.

I'm curious how you factor in the destruction of black families and aggressive incarceration policies of the 19th century into this conversation?

Not a gotcha question, just wondering where it factors into how you think about these things?

Hey, a counter argument that isn't complete garbage.

So the answer I would give above will be similar to the one I give here. The different groups have very different circumstances.

First off Mexicans aren't fairing that much better than African Americans. I mean there's a reason Donald Trump basically won the election on the platform of getting rid of them.

The big advantage Asians and Latinos have over black people economically is that they have niche markets through their language and cultures. They often form local community hubs and support eachother much more. Black haircare isn't even ran by black people, it's Korean because they had the resources from the get go to capture the market.

That's not to mention the support of those home countries and the built in networks they have there. Also more of a safety net if their businesses do fail in America.

I can't break it down nearly as eloquently as @panamaican, so hopefully he can elaborate a little more or clarify. But the argument isn't remotely as simple as inequality of outcome when you factor in what was taken from African American communities, their wealth, languages, religions, and cultures. They've done a damn good job forming their own unique culture in those ashes, but that had an impact.
Yeah, people generally disregard the importance of captured markets and unique economic ecosystems for the steady acquisition of wealth. The modern equivalent is when copmanies like google and microsoft and Apple build their ecosystems in such a way that you can't cross into other systems without significant barriers.

In the U.S., a country that primarily speaks English, language has always served as the barrier to outside interference with local communities. In many more ethnic enclaves, from Asian to Eastern European, those communities were able to build self-sustaining economies precisely they were the primary market for immigrants and because outside interests could not enter and compete. Let's take a Chinese community for example. In those days, a new Chinese immigrant was unlikely to have a strong command of the English language nor was he/she likely to have many non-Chinese relationships in the U.S. So their initial marketplace for food, housing, etc. would have been other Chinese people. At the same time, non-Chinese food and housing service providers were effectively barred from competing for those immigrant customers because they did not have the requisite language skills to entice the Chinese customer away from the Chinese vendor. This allows the Chinese community to protect the value of their local economy with a steady stream of customers who must rely on them and a barrier to competition that costs them nothing to maintain. With a generation or two the Chinese immigrant's family will have learned enough English and assimilated sufficiently that they will no longer be dependent on Chinese providers but by that time, the Chinese providers will be on to the next customer without competition, thus ensuring a steady accumulation of wealth within the Chinese community.

By contrast, African Americans never had those ethnic advantages. Because the majority of the African American population is descended from slaves, they've only ever spoken English. This resulted in 2 distinct differences. First, there's no uniquely African-American immigrant population to serve as controlled source of new customers. Any African immigrants are coming from distinct and separate African countries (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.) and will seek out their language based relationships, not generic black ones. So the black service provider lacks that ethnic advantage shared by other minority groups. The second difference is that the African American vendor was always in direct competition with the majority white vendor for all customers. Since African Americans only spoke English, their competition was other vendors who also spoke English. This meant that whenever an African American community began accruing local wealth, there was no wall to prevent non-African-American vendors from entering into those communities and competing directly for the customer base because everyone involved was already speaking English.

It's one of those things that doesn't end up in mainstream conversation because most people don't think about the language issue but I do think modern tech companies drive for exclusive product ecosystems can be a decent parallel for understanding the phenomenon...assuming someone wanted to understand it.

And that's before you factor in the aspects of which immigrants are allowed to come and how that skews the comparison. For simplcities sake, people always bring up how Asians are wealthier than whites in America as a point against black Americans. But they rarely bring up how most of those Asian countries are economically far behind the European nations and the U.S. If it was as simple as Asian work ethic and intelligence then those Asian countries would be outstripping their Western counterparts and they're not. It's the same population...except that it's not. Similar to how people will discuss Europe but conveniently leave out any place east and south of Germany. They reduced Europe to Scandinavia, France, Germany and the UK. And they're reduced Asia to Asian-American immigrants then they use these extremely abridged groupings to draw wider conclusions that just don't follow.

Back