Crime ICE Detention Center Says It’s Not Responsible for Staff's Sexual Abuse of Detainees

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
These are not isolated cases. They clearly show that officials are not doing enough to detect and respond to incidents of sexual abuse in immigration detention. The result is that immigrants are put at serious risk for sexual violence while they are detained.

The Prison Rape Elimination Act was passed by Congress in 2003 to protect against sexual assault in prisons and jails across the country. It took the Department of Homeland Security until 2014 to finalize regulations implementing PREA. Even with those regulations in place, DHS PREA standards do not protect immigrants in all detention facilities because the agency has taken the position that those requirements can only apply when the agency enters into new contracts or renews or modifies old ones....

http://www.womensystems.com/2018/11/ice-detention-center-says-its-not.html

This is insane and something the left can dig into without sounding crazy.

I dunno....I just feel like we'd be safer if we put more children in cages.

/sarcasm because...war room

Once you incarcerate someone you're responsible for their treatment.

South American women ever think about not being so hot?

Didn't think of that did ya?

This is disgusting.
I think the left and right can agree on this?

I could see how that would be a job that attracts sociopath types. This should he considered a much bigger deal and heads should roll down there and the system needs to be cleaned up. If they can't be held responsible than they shouldn't hold the people there.

When you're an ice detention staff member, immigrant women will let you do anything. Grab them by the pussy.

Last edited:
They incarcerate themselves by crossing the border
<TheDonald>

Something like this?

71KBaQ6POCL._SL256_.jpg

Once you incarcerate someone you're responsible for their treatment.
Yeah, except these are private facilities so their governed by their contracts. And the government can't retroactively hold them to a standard that didn't exist at the time of the contract.

Private prisons, jails, detention centers. The gift that keeps on giving while you can't get away.

Yeah, except these are private facilities so their governed by their contracts. And the government can't retroactively hold them to a standard that didn't exist at the time of the contract.

Private prisons, jails, detention centers. The gift that keeps on giving while you can't get away.

Disallowing sexual abuse needs to be specifically noted, and it's not? Don't workplaces get sued for sexual stuff all the time?

But yeah, fuck private detention centers.

Back