Crime ICE Detention Center Says It’s Not Responsible for Staff's Sexual Abuse of Detainees

Disallowing sexual abuse needs to be specifically noted, and it's not? Don't workplaces get sued for sexual stuff all the time?

But yeah, fuck private detention centers.
The staff get sued and loses, not necessarily the workplace.

See, and I'm going a little bit outside my area here, so long as the employee is following the rules then you can hit the workplace. If the employee was doing something specifically not allowed and the workplace had no reasonable way to predict or stop it then the workplace just says "We would never allow that, they did it on their own, we're not responsible."

Let's say an employee is sexually harassing staff and the staff reports it, now the workplace has some liability if it happens again. But if that employee sexually assaults someone in the bathroom during his/her scheduled lunch break and it happens at a point in time where the workplace couldn't know it was ging to happen? There's no liability to the workplace.

Here, the detention centers are basically arguing that they can't predict when their staff might go apeshit on the detainees so they can't be liable for it. They're doing the best they can, don't you know.

I'm not versed in that type of law. Always just see the stories that make the news. I mostly agree that rogue employee behavior shouldn't be the fault of the employer. But while I can't this moment eloquently articulate why, it you're locking people up and making every second of their lives dependent, then there needs to be a higher standard.

ICE detention center be like:

This is disgusting.
I think the left and right can agree on this?

If your desire to become an American citizen is strong enough you can surely endure a little sexual abuse. Maybe this will help weed out the less committed immigrants.

/s

Which terrorist attack you going to think will happen first? The latino kid stripped of his parents and abused or the Yemeni kid who lost his family to an American bomb?

Back