ICE detainee commits suicide after 21 days in solitary confinement; 8th death in detention this year

Speak of the devil, and *poof*

In the next post, he appears.
Well, all you guys do is accuse everyone of racism and bigotry. Its pretty much impossible to post something without being sandwiched between pathetic posts like that.

Something, something games,

Something, something, prizes.......

Also, many of you protestors were here during Obama’s term. Why weren’t you protesting back then?

Because Obama's Justice Department focused specifically on violent criminals, you know the actual bad hombres Trump gets so excited about. Trump's Justice Department is going after EVERYONE they can get including grandmas with parking tickets.

It's a lot easier and can pad your stats if you're scooping up grandmas, farm workers, and delivery boys who are all trying to get their paperwork in order than it is to go after actual violent criminals who are actually hiding from authorities.

Simmer down, Prissy.
I'm not saying it isn't sad and unfortunate, I am asking what is so special about this one in particular?
What's disgusting is exploiting this poor bastards suicide for political points against the left's villain du jour,namely, ICE. That's all this is, and we both know it.
So, spare me the crocodile tears.

Allow me to clarify for you.

A man with a diagnosed health condition was wilffully placed in a scenario that would aggravate that condition and denied medication until he cracked and took his own life.

That's flat out wrong, even if he were a felon.

The scandal isn't the suicide. It's that he never got access to a Dr, never got prescribed medication he needed, and was left in solitary which is well known to cause even previously sane people to crack and get suicidal.

This isn't political, and to try to write off every identification of an injustice in our justice system that could be corrected as "you're being political!" is not becoming of an educated man.

Guys, we didn't gas him, he just died of typhoid. That means it's okay. Because he's a parasite.

Please refrain from any accusations of bigotry. Kthnx.

Well, all you guys do is accuse everyone of racism and bigotry. Its pretty much impossible to post something without being sandwiched between pathetic posts like that.

Been around a while, never once seen Trotsky call something racist that wasn't actively and obviously racist.

But then again I'm a "coastal elite" who's never lived in "real america" (because New England, CA, and WA don't count right?).

I for one am completely opposed to private detention facilities.

Yep . . . prisons for profit is crazy. Apparently those here in Oklahoma have a quota where if the population dips below a specific percentage of their capacity the state has to pay a higher fee or something. Completely ridiculous.

Don’t commit crimes and you won’t have to deal with things like this.

It is not rocket science, don’t be a criminal.

Yep . . . prisons for profit is crazy. Apparently those here in Oklahoma have a quota where if the population dips below a specific percentage of their capacity the state has to pay a higher fee or something. Completely ridiculous.
Financially incentivizing incarceration. Sounds like something from some dystopian sci-fi movie.

Don’t commit crimes and you won’t have to deal with things like this.

It is not rocket science, don’t be a criminal.

Normally I would agree.

but this guy had legit mental health issues.

All around, this was a very unfortunate incident that could have been avoided.

Normally I would agree.

but this guy had legit mental health issues.

All around, this was a very unfortunate incident that could have been avoided.
This is tragic all around but it all started with a crime. There should be no private prisons and there needs to be more done to assist those with mental illness. The tough things so many claim mental illness nowadays. It is the in thing now.

This is tragic all around but it all started with a crime. There should be no private prisons and there needs to be more done to assist those with mental illness. The tough things so many claim mental illness nowadays. It is the in thing now.

I agree with pretty much all of that.

I've just noticed that in many of these type of threads, we remove the "human" aspect of it.

Meaning, a lot of us just focus on the fact that he was here illegally, therefore everything is "fair game" or "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

was he here illegally? yes.

Did he steal? yes.

Did he deserve to be locked in a cell and put in a situation where he was compelled to take his life? No.

I think we can all at least agree on this.

Do you struggle with "prove that you're a human" captchas?

Some of them . . . they're really getting harder as I get older and my vision keeps getting worse.

Financially incentivizing incarceration. Sounds like something from some dystopian sci-fi movie.

The fact that the state recently passed medical marijuana will probably play a role in how this is handled moving forward. I'm sure it'll reduce their daily numbers quite a bit.

Did he deserve to be locked in a cell and put in a situation where he was compelled to take his life? No.

I think we can all at least agree on this.

I didn't read the story . . . why was he in solitary? Was he a danger to himself or others?

His poor mental health was not our doing.

True.

But our not helping someone who was not well while he was in our charge is evil and just plain cruel.

True.

But our not helping someone who was not well while he was in our charge is evil and just plain cruel.
Well, the article does explain why his care was substandard. Not condoning it but I had a similar discussion about the child separations. The US is rich and powerful but even our resources are limited.

Well, the article does explain why his care was substandard. Not condoning it but I had a similar discussion about the child separations. The US is rich and powerful but even our resources are limited.

True.
But fair treatment should never be.

CEZ4qhHUkAAY86m.jpg

I see the sherfront trolls are out in full force for this thread. Anyone that is celebrating this man's death is a piece of shit. I hope you guys learn to have compassion for your fellow man, even if they are here illegally, even if they have committed a minor crime.

Back