ICE detainee commits suicide after 21 days in solitary confinement; 8th death in detention this year

Damn bro I don't agree with illegal immigration but that's more ice cold than Khabib or Fedor during a fight.

Im not a bleeding heart type in the least either but this is truly sad, shit like this shouldn't be happening to anyone, shouldve at least got the care he needed while detained he had some serious mental health issues, they did this man dirty.

Ship him to a mental hospital in Mexico. No need to keep him here.

I’m willing to bet private facilities are hardly better than third world prisons.

Says the guy blaming leftists for someone being unlawfully confined by a rightwing administration.

I am not blaming anyone but the man who committed suicide.

Self responsibility is a foreign concept to some people.

I dont like or support private prisons.

First I would have to know why he was in solitary and there might be a good reason if he was aggressive.

If there was a history of suicide attempts.

If the answer was he was in solitary for a good reason and there was no history of suicide attempts, then shit happens but there should still be an investigation .

He was a mentally ill man already being punished for his crimes that was unnecessarily tortured to the point of suicide.

The fuck is wrong with this place?

I for one am completely opposed to private detention facilities.

As am I, and privatized jails for our own citizens. Seems like conflict of interest to me, when politicians gain money from private jails, and also pass laws populating those jails.

I fucking hate the use of long-term solitary confinement as a tool of punishment.

I cannot express this enough. I don't care who is doing it; private prisons, state jails, federal penitentiaries, it doesn't matter. It is inhumane.

I understand why prisons do it; it's often used as a tool to handle people who are basically unmanageable otherwise, and it's so convenient to just stick them in a box and forget about them for 23 hours out of the day. But it is very cruel, especially on the mentally ill, whose problems it tends to exacerbate. It drives people crazy. The fact that it is often used on violent and unsympathetic prisoners does not make it less cruel, or warranted.

It's right up there with sleep deprivation and waterboarding in the list of with things that sound innocuous until you read about what it actually does to people when they have to live through it.

He shouldn't have come ilkegaillbut I don't feel like that gives them the right to treat the people like that. Get them fuck back where they belong asap.

One is not responsible for schizophrenia or bipolarism.

One could be considered responsible for keeping up with their medication, if the condition is not too severe.

He was denied opportunity to be personally responsible for that.

Still support ICE, still hate communist wannabes.

Also, many of you protestors were here during Obama’s term. Why weren’t you protesting back then?

Basically that it wasn't you.

Do you right wing nuts have any form of humanity in your bones or head?
Simmer down, Prissy.
I'm not saying it isn't sad and unfortunate, I am asking what is so special about this one in particular?
What's disgusting is exploiting this poor bastards suicide for political points against the left's villain du jour,namely, ICE. That's all this is, and we both know it.
So, spare me the crocodile tears.

He wasn't an undocumented immigrant arrested at the border. He was a lawful resident who became deportable after committing larceny.

So....you support torture and death for shoplifting? Even if he was some habitual border jumper, you think that is deserving of torture in violation of international guidelines?

Anyways, yeah, you, @lifelessheap, and @uppercutbus are miserable and stupid cowards.
I support torture and death to all communists.

Back