Ice bath

Steve3730

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here uses them and do they help? I have space in my gym basement, and was thinking of putting one down there

did it for wrestling.

definitely helps with soreness if you can stand to sit in it.

I think that they do work. But it's absolutely horrible to endure.

Unless your fighting for a world title I really wouldnt put yourself through that. You probably dont even train enough to require it anyway.

I've done the polar plunge for the past 7 years. It can't be worst than a 28 degree Lake Michagan :D

it will be worse. you have adrenalin and excitement doing something like that

ice bath is usually exhausted and drained.

Ice baths aren't even that bad, after about the first minute or two you get used to it.

If you have a room for an ice machine, go for it. Otherwise I get too pissed off carrying bags of ice to handle doing them often

If you have a room for an ice machine, go for it. Otherwise I get too pissed off carrying bags of ice to handle doing them often

I thought about that. I read ice baths should be done around 50 degrees. The basement is not heated and the water comes out around 55 degrees or colder. So I'm going to take a couple 2 liters bottles and freeze them in our fridge up stairs.

I rarely do it anymore but when I did it was great, first few minutes were painful but after that everything calms down.

is worth it though, reduce soreness

If it's something you'd benefit form using close to regularly, you should re-examine your training and recovery. Chances are something simpler and more important isn't optimal.

Recent studies have shown they may not be of any benefit. More of a placebo effect, but then again that can be helpful I suppose

I think you could probably get by with just a hose and a dumpster if it is that cold where you'd be using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back