IBJJF Honolulu Absolute Finals - Abmar Barbosa vs. Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu

Cyborg is a beast, hopefully my tornado guard will rise from the ashes with his dvd lol

im a fan of both. both have good guards. sucks to see abmar get caught so quick. and i didnt realize how short cyborg was, thought hed be so much taller

Thanks for the free video- I really like seeing just how awesome the tornado guard is from the master himself- gonna rewatch that volume today- gonna figure out what Abmar did wrong to get triangled so quickly.

Side note- leave GHOSTDOG ALONE!
chris%20crocker.jpg

He filmed this and people chose to post more about his choice in noise, rather than the ridiculous match finish or the fact that he was there filming it and charging us with said noise (or free).

What type of de la riva sweep is that at the beginning?

And wow, that second sweep was nasty.

What type of de la riva sweep is that at the beginning?

And wow, that second sweep was nasty.

I dunno what the first sweep is called but it looks like Cyborg is just extending his legs from RDLR to put Abmar on his butt and his right hand works to pick the ankle. It also looks like he's twisting to the left to force Abmar to his non-basing side where his hand is trapped. If Ambar had fallen to his right hip Cyborg probably would have been able to come up to finish the sweep but he was able to base across underneath with his left foot.

That's just my take on it. I've actually never seen it before but it's a cool sweep.

I dunno what the first sweep is called but it looks like Cyborg is just extending his legs from RDLR to put Abmar on his butt and his right hand works to pick the ankle. It also looks like he's twisting to the left to force Abmar to his non-basing side where his hand is trapped. If Ambar had fallen to his right hip Cyborg probably would have been able to come up to finish the sweep but he was able to base across underneath with his left foot.

That's just my take on it. I've actually never seen it before but it's a cool sweep.

That's basically it. I do something similar from 93 guard. It's sneaky, it requires little set up. When the come back into you, I instantly attack and armdrag. Works decently well.

thank you everyone again for watching my video, and especially you MIKEY, you sweet, sweet, man you.

as a sidenote.... HIS NAME IS CYBORG! HE BUSTS OUT A SICK TORNADO SWEEP! HE STARTS YELLING LIKE A BEAST!

what should i put for music? reggae or some acoustic BS? no. should i repost the video without music? I was going to, but all this bitching is making me say no. cyborg is a beast, and the music selection is fine.

as another sidenote... look how quick abmar tries to pass cyborg's half guard right when they hit the mats. to me that is the most impressive part of the video. obviously, besides the tornado sweep to triangle!

I lost my post x_x...

The video is awesome, and I didn't have a problem with the music, seeing how I could just turn it off. Everyone time I see a video featuring Cyborg in competition I'm always impressed, not only by the skills he displays but also by his competition. Cyborg is just beastly though, I'm a huge fan. Was a great match.

For music I would suggest final countdown or boston's more than a feeling

Thanks for the free video- I really like seeing just how awesome the tornado guard is from the master himself- gonna rewatch that volume today- gonna figure out what Abmar did wrong to get triangled so quickly.

Side note- leave GHOSTDOG ALONE!
chris%20crocker.jpg

He filmed this and people chose to post more about his choice in noise, rather than the ridiculous match finish or the fact that he was there filming it and charging us with said noise (or free).

Hahahaha.

For music I would suggest final countdown or boston's more than a feeling

hahaha i might re-post it with 'send me an angel' from the RAD soundtrack if the hate keeps going.

I dig the He Is Legend.

The only acceptable substitute would be Justin Bieber.

Back