IBJJF Chicago

Wrestleben- What division are you competing in?

Wrestleben- What division are you competing in?

Masters pesado.

I could easily make medio pesado, but I have been sitting around 200lbs lately and didn't want to stress about the cut with it being my first time with weigh in's right before you compete.

I was considering adult also, but my teammate is going in that division, so I thought it would be best for the team to go masters.

I can't make it to this one, but I'm not too bummed out considering nobody has signed up in my division yet. It should be a great event however, and everyone in the area who can make it should do their best to get there!

On a slightly related note, does anyone know of a good pizza joint near the tournament venue? I will be ready to pig out after dieting for weeks to make weight for the tournament.

On a slightly related note, does anyone know of a good pizza joint near the tournament venue? I will be ready to pig out after dieting for weeks to make weight for the tournament.

This matter is highly subjective and has been debated over and over again. My favorite place in the Chicago area is Giordano's. There is one at 500 Davis St. in Evanston. In my opinion it is the quintessential Chicago deep dish (stuffed) pizza.

The best pizza in my opinion is the Giordano's stuffed pizza! There are at least a few locations within 5 miles of the venue. If you have any questions on the city pm me. I will gladly help and that goes for anyone on this thread from out of town!

shit i feel you man i'm going to eat all sorts of garbage ass food as soon as this tournament is over. if youre looking for deep dish...as they said there's a giordano's in evanston. but on a sunday night it's probably gonna be packed so i'd call ahead if i were you (and it takes them almost an hour to get the pizza ready on top of that)

pequod's in morton grove (about 20 min away) is my favorite. they overload their pizza with meat and got caramelized cheese on the crust. oh god i can't wait until this tournament is done with..

Giordano's and Edwardo's both make great deep-dish, particularly if you're stuck in the suburbs. Lou Malnati's is also well-known and well-regarded. But for most of us, they don't hold a candle to Uno or Due, in downtown Chicago.

shit i feel you man i'm going to eat all sorts of garbage ass food as soon as this tournament is over. if youre looking for deep dish...as they said there's a giordano's in evanston. but on a sunday night it's probably gonna be packed so i'd call ahead if i were you (and it takes them almost an hour to get the pizza ready on top of that)

pequod's in morton grove (about 20 min away) is my favorite. they overload their pizza with meat and got caramelized cheese on the crust. oh god i can't wait until this tournament is done with..

Cool thanks for the heads up. I will probably go with pequod's then. I won't really want to wait for an hour since I will be making an 8 hour drive home right after the tournament. I figure I have to try some authentic Chicago style deep dish pizza while I am in town though. This will be my first trip to Chicago and I won't be able to eat any on Saturday before the tourney.

TTT

Only 1.5 days left to register! Get off your asses!

This tourney is on a Sunday? weird.

Good luck guys and gals, I'll be there watching for the first few hours anyhow.

Back