Iam reddit Gustafsson

It depends on the translation. You find fans of Gus say that all he did was get into fights.

Fans of Bones say he straight up battered some dude then battered his girlfriend too.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, and I don't speak swedish and we havent had a undisputed translation yet [ie people, no thats bullshit because x means x so you're lying]. He was arrested, he served time. This is known and confirmed.

Personally I'd like him to be open about it and help talk to kids who are doing the same shit. Josh Thomson does it and I and all of sherdog should have all the respect in the world for him for doing it.

It'll also help build Gus's brand.

Thanks man.

I agree, if he was straightforward about it ala Thomson I'd respect him more. Not talking about it makes it seem more sketchy.

Thanks man.

I agree, if he was straightforward about it ala Thomson I'd respect him more. Not talking about it makes it seem more sketchy.

He has already talked about it once and he said that he won't ever talk about it again. He's embarrassed and ashamed by his actions when he was a teenager and he's a changed man now.

He has already talked about it once and he said that he won't ever talk about it again. He's embarrassed by his actions when he was a teenager and he's changed man.

a white man is so easily forgivable.

Oh my god I am dying at those comments on that page LOL

He has already talked about it once and he said that he won't ever talk about it again. He's embarrassed and ashamed by his actions when he was a teenager and he's a changed man now.

now you show me any male walking this planet that is not embarrassed and ashamed by their actions when they're teenagers

now you show me any male walking this planet that is not embarrassed and ashamed by their actions when they're teenagers

He moved away from that and started a new life in Gothenburg and later got into mma. He hasn't been in any trouble since then and i would like to believe that he's a changed man.

Somewhat bothers me when fighters say that they don't feel some sort of anger at their opponents when they do certain things in fights that would normally piss someone off.

I get it, you're a professional fighter, but you're human, its not like you can never feel emotions during a fight. Feel like its a cop out to just say "I'm a fighter, I don't let shit like that bother me"

(Referring to the question of what has a fighter done in a fight that got Alex mad.)

Fighters would be foolish to let their emotions guide their actions.

Look at Fedor. Calm and controlled.

He moved away from that and started a new life in Gothenburg and later got into mma. He hasn't been in any trouble since then and i would like to believe that he's a changed man.

he's not a changed man, he's a man like any other, he did some A level retarded shit when he was a kid, let emotions get the better of him. i like the guy but i can understand why some people do not

Would you mind clarifying what Gus did? I see posters bring it up but all that I ever read is he hit some girl. I'm lost on the context/charges

There's no disputing whether he hit a girl or not because there's literally nothing in the court documents that says he did and that's just pure slander.

The dispute is whether he pushed/shoved/threw a girl (Jones fans like to use the word "slammed", which is retarded) onto a pier, but as several posters have pointed out this should be seen in the context of her brother admitting to the cops that he took the first swing at Alex and the both of them admitting they confronted and yelled at them.

Here's the exert of her brother admitting to the cops he took the first swing:

47217_RB.png

(Translated: "pushed him for no reason. Judging from an interrogation protocol he said during the investigation that he tried to punch Alexander Gustafsson before he got the push, but that note is incorrect. He fell backwards from the push" )

And this is the type of pier we're talking about:

29664_47599_20346038.jpg

What he got convicted for according to the court was one of his friends kicked her leg and Alex delivered gnp on the brother after he'd wrestled him to the ground (gave him a few headbutts and asked: "Have you had enough?"). The court decided they'd acted in concert and given the brutality of the crime (you can get convicted for gnp:ing a violent attacker in your own home in Sweden) and their priors they should also be judged in concert regardless who did what.

That said he was a punk when he was a kid and did some stupid shit. Kicked a guy when he had beaten him down etc. This particular thing of "hitting a girl" is an outright lie however.

Wait, a teenager? When exactly did this happen?

I feel like I only heard about this story on here around a year or so ago, so I was under the impression it was fairly recent (within the last 2-3 years).

There's no disputing whether he hit a girl or not because there's literally nothing in the court documents that says he did and that's just pure slander.

The dispute is whether he pushed/shoved/threw a girl (Jones fans like to use the word "slammed", which is retarded) onto a pier, but as several posters have pointed out this should be seen in the context of her brother admitting to the cops that he took the first swing at Alex and the both of them admitting they confronted and yelled at them.

Here's the exert of her brother admitting to the cops he took the first swing:

47217_RB.png

(Translated: "pushed him for no reason. Judging from an interrogation protocol he said during the investigation that he tried to punch Alexander Gustafsson before he got the push, but that note is incorrect. He fell backwards from the push" )

And this is the type of pier we're talking about:

29664_47599_20346038.jpg

What he got convicted for according to the court was one of his friends kicked her leg and Alex delivered gnp on the brother after he'd wrestled him to the ground (gave him a few headbutts and asked: "Have you had enough?"). The court decided they'd acted in concert and given the brutality of the crime (you can get convicted for gnp:ing a violent attacker in your own home in Sweden) and their priors they should also be judged in concert regardless who did what.

That said he was a punk when he was a kid and did some stupid shit. Kicked a guy when he had beaten him down etc. This particular thing of "hitting a girl" is an outright lie however.

Thanks for the in depth response. Like usual theres more to the story than what gets posted on here, which is more often than not a diluted, bias synopsis at best. That brings me to my next question - when did this happen?

Both you and JonCage are saying this happened when he was young, this sounds like ancient news. I thought it was a fairly recent altercation.

Wait, a teenager? When exactly did this happen?

I feel like I only heard about this story on here around a year or so ago, so I was under the impression it was fairly recent (within the last 2-3 years).

Thanks for the in depth response. Like usual theres more to the story than what gets posted on here, which is more often than not a diluted, bias synopsis at best. That brings me to my next question - when did this happen?

Both you and JonCage are saying this happened when he was young, this sounds like ancient news. I thought it was a fairly recent altercation.

No problem.

Age 15-18 if memory serves me right. And yeah it's ancient news. I don't even know why Alex chose to come clean with it but I guess he felt it was something that was weighing on him.

No problem.

Age 15-18 if memory serves me right. And yeah it's ancient news. I don't even know why Alex chose to come clean with it but I guess he felt it was something that was weighing on him.

no he was confronted by investigative journalists. he had been anything but forthright until then

no he was confronted by investigative journalists. he had been anything but forthright until then

Bullshit. The papers had known about it for some time.

http://www.dn.se/sport/esk-the-mauler-borde-beratta-mer-om-sin-bakgrund/

Google trans:

"Daily News once wanted to talk to Gustafsson about his assault convictions during an interview, we thought it was odd that his background was not heard in his acclaimed success story. My theory was that the organization UFC in his serious appearance did not want another one of the martial arts world all he-took-the step-by-street-figures.

Gustafsson would not talk and DN wrote not.

He chose instead to talk about his background in Expressen in late December 2013."

Bullshit. The papers had known about it for some time.

http://www.dn.se/sport/esk-the-mauler-borde-beratta-mer-om-sin-bakgrund/

Google trans:

"Daily News once wanted to talk to Gustafsson about his assault convictions during an interview, we thought it was odd that his background was not heard in his acclaimed success story. My theory was that the organization UFC in his serious appearance did not want another one of the martial arts world all he-took-the step-by-street-figures.

Gustafsson would not talk and DN wrote not.

He chose instead to talk about his background in Expressen in late December 2013."

do you even read what you linked. it explicitly said Gus had not want to discuss it until it became public without his control.

do you even read what you linked. it explicitly said Gus had not want to discuss it until it became public without his control.

It explicitly doesn't. And you explicitly got exposed as a liar.

Back