I was there live last night

Mr Wings

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
-The music in between fights got me pumped up.

-The Wineland and Herrig fights were super exciting.

-I had good seats, but still had to look at the screen anytime it went to the ground.

-Dissappointed about Holly's performance, and I'm not that excited about Shevchenko TBH.

-Tried to take a photo with Rashad; we posed, but the fuckin camera didn't work.

-Had a very awkward handshake with Joe Rogan as he was heading out; his thumb poked my palm. Right before that I think he was explaining to another fan that he couldn't stick around to take a photo with them cause if he did he'd have to take a photo with everyone, or something like that.

-Shook Matt Hughes' hand after the fights; the guy looked so happy to see the fans. Literally had the same gleeful smile on his face as he did after he beat BJ. It was a good moment.

Here's Francis Ngannou walking out:

image.jpeg

Thanks for reading Sherbros!

What's next for Holly, and what's next for Shevchenko?

I could go with Holly vs Zingano and Shevchenko vs Peña. I agree with Nunes; Shevchenko should get another win before getting a title shot.

Good shit bud. Haven't seen the card yet, but it's always fun watching shows live. Whole different animal watching live.

Cool seats, thanks for sharing.

Holly vs Cat
Shevenko vs Tate
Nunes vs Pena
Honda vs pillow

-Dissappointed about Holly's performance, and I'm not that excited about Shevchenko TBH.

-Tried to take a photo with Rashad; we posed, but the fuckin camera didn't work.
Insta-Karma for that ass.

Now none of us believe you met Rashad at all. :eek:

Nice was this your first event? I'm assuming its not but just curious. I was there as well.

I feel ya on the ground game thing. Everyone always says that fans are shitty because they "boo" when fighters go to the ground, but if you are there live, it's almost impossible to tell whats going on when they hit the mat.

Congrats man glad you had a good time. Can't ever go wrong with a decent night of fights live.

Good shit bud. Haven't seen the card yet, but it's always fun watching shows live. Whole different animal watching live.

Yeah, definitely. Watching from home is cheaper and you can see better, but live has a lot of excitement to it. Meeting the fighters is great.

Nice was this your first event? I'm assuming its not but just curious. I was there as well.

Oh cool! Hope you enjoyed it too.

I've been to a few others. Franklin/Silva II might have been the most exciting I was at.

I feel ya on the ground game thing. Everyone always says that fans are shitty because they "boo" when fighters go to the ground, but if you are there live, it's almost impossible to tell whats going on when they hit the mat.

Definitely. And when you pay that top dollar and you're excited as hell to be there, you want to see some action.

I wanted to boo once or twice tonight, but managed to hold myself back. It's hard to resist being a Just Bleed dude when you're there and you're drinking.

Insta-Karma for that ass.

Now none of us believe you met Rashad at all. :eek:

You have a point. I'm kind of talking crap about a fighter while trying to get a photo with another fighter. Bad fan.

At first I thought you were saying that Holly got instant karma for having "dat ass."

Definitely. And when you pay that top dollar and you're excited as hell to be there, you want to see some action.

I wanted to boo once or twice tonight, but managed to hold myself back. It's hard to resist being a Just Bleed dude when you're there and you're drinking.
haha for sure. But when you're live, it's not even a just bleed thing. I love a good grappling match that has transitions, and sub attempts, and fighting to gain position, but when you are there live sitting a couple hundred feet away, looking through a cage, you just can't see any of that stuff. It just looks like 2 dudes rolling around on the ground haha.

Cool seats, thanks for sharing.

Holly vs Cat
Shevenko vs Tate
Nunes vs Pena
Honda vs pillow

I feel you on the Shevchenko vs Tate matchup. Why risk a good, fresh contender like Peña.

haha for sure. But when you're live, it's not even a just bleed thing. I love a could grappling match that has transitions, and sub attempts, and fighting to gain position, but when you are there live sitting a couple hundred feet away, looking through a cage, you just can't see any of that stuff. It just looks like 2 dudes rolling around on the ground haha.

Definitely. I wonder if that's why pro wrestling has such big, obvious movements and gestures; it probably evolved before people were watching it on tv, so audiences needed big, exaggerated movements to be able to interpret the action from a distance.

Last edited:
-The music in between fights got me pumped up.

-The Wineland and Herrig fights were super exciting.

-I had good seats, but still had to look at the screen anytime it went to the ground.

-Had a very awkward handshake with Joe Rogan as he was heading out; his thumb poked my palm. Right before that I think he was explaining to another fan that he couldn't stick around to take a photo with them cause if he did he'd have to take a photo with everyone, or something like that.

-Shook Matt Hughes' hand after the fights; the guy looked so happy to see the fans. Literally had the same gleeful smile on his face as he did after he beat BJ. It was a good moment.

Here's Francis Ngannou walking out:

View attachment 122739

Thanks for reading Sherbros!

What's next for Holly, and what's next for Shevchenko?

I could go with Holly vs Zingano and Shevchenko vs Peña. I agree with Nunes; Shevchenko should get another win before getting a title shot.
Pumped for you, glad you had a good time!

I was at UFC 107, and booed the HELL out of Jon Fitch. Also Johny Hendricks, as he looked terrible. I have to say that Mir vs Kongo was impressive, tho. You could hear a loud bang when Mir dropped him.

And I also blame it on the beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back