I was rooting for Glover, but Santos is still a massive contender at 205.

Santos could not have been dumber in that fight. Had him hurt twice, and just completely lost his mind both times. Running straight at him, losing all technique and just winging anything and everything running into the clinch and allowing Glover to recover and work his superior clinch game.

He has so much power, if he had just stood back, and measured up one or two good shots after he had him hurt it was done.

I
Santos could not have been dumber in that fight. Had him hurt twice, and just completely lost his mind both times. Running straight at him, losing all technique and just winging anything and everything running into the clinch and allowing Glover to recover and work his superior clinch game.

He has so much power, if he had just stood back, and measured up one or two good shots after he had him hurt it was done.
I agree but he fights like a wild Brazilian because he is one. In all of his fights when he gets someone rocked it looks like he's trying to throw every limb he has at them all at the same damn time.

TBF Glover was too strong for him... He never looked like he could stop one takedown unfortunately so he was probably tryna get him outta there asap.

Santos is a cannon with no tdd or grappling ability he will be a .500 fighter from here on out.

Santos is a killer, yes, he has a lot of power, but he has never been an elite LHW and probably never will be. The MWs that have moved up are mostly good (Smith isn't) but they are very clearly a downgrade from when LHW had Jones, DC, Rumble and Gus (from a couple of years ago). The only reason Jones looked so mediocre against Santos is becaue he tried (and did) beat him at his own game. If he would have gone for takedowns like Glover did, well, it's quite easy to see that it would have before the 5 rounds were over.

I knew Glover was getting pummeled either way

Back