I was rooting for Glover, but Santos is still a massive contender at 205.

One dimensional fighter. He hits like a hammer but he don't like being the nail. Glover on the other hand has the resilience to get out of bad positions and fight through it. His ground game clearly isn't good enough and he quits once he blows his load. Knew he was gonna tap when he got reversed. Almost instant. Props to Glover i love this guy.

God I can't wait for Santos to finally be forced to fight genuinely challenging matchups now he can no longer hide behind his ranking.

No doubt Santos can KO anyone in the division on any given night. There are some serious holes in his grappling game though. I know he's got a black belt, but you can just tell he doesn't like being on the ground. In this wide open 205lb division these days though it wouldn't be shocking if he KO's his way to the belt some day.

I like santos, but i knew glover is no joke. Mf has an amazing top bjj game, and is durable af.

I bet jan would take him down in a rematch. He probably wins that way as well. That’s if he doesn’t kick his knee ligaments to pieces.

Thiago was a serious let down tonight. Zero urgency

I feel like he gets knocked out more times than not vs guys like Ankalayev, Jiri, maybe even Rakic.

Lol- wow.....maybe Coker is right. That was just.....just....just..... awfully embarrassing. Thst was a #1 contender fight. It's hard to slight Glover but I have to keep it real. A 41 year old that cant tske a punch ( anymore)and a Santos that might be turning into another Anthony Smith. Yes, hes coming off a layoff/ injury - I'll allow him that - but that was just hard to watch. That was the UFC #1 contender at 205 in 2020.

I now get it in Dana making Izz fight. The UFC heavier classes are getting thinner and thinner.

His last 3 fights were Glover, Jones, and Jan. How are they not challenging match ups?

Glover lost just about every moment he spent on the feet with every single opponent he's faced since the Gus fight, Jones lost to Reyes in a much more convicing manner his very next fight and it's bullshit that Santos got Jan off a dilapidated Manuwa. He showed his true colours when he ducked fighting either Rakic or Jiri (to my knowledge, it was never confirmed who he ducked) and instead opted for old man Glover. It's all fun and games when you're the young and hungry up-and-comer taking out the division's regulars but it's not so much fun when you're the one defending your position and fighting down the rankings.

Glover lost just about every moment he spent on the feet with every single opponent he's faced since the Gus fight, Jones lost to Reyes in a much more convicing manner his very next fight and it's bullshit that Santos got Jan off a dilapidated Manuwa. He showed his true colours when he ducked fighting either Rakic or Jiri (to my knowledge, it was never confirmed who he ducked) and instead opted for old man Glover. It's all fun and games when you're the young and hungry up-and-comer taking out the division's regulars but it's not so much fun when you're the one defending your position and fighting down the rankings.
Glover was ranked #3. He's always been a slow starter and a literal slow fighter on the feet. His M/O has always been to weather the storm and to smash guys on the ground.

One dimensional fighter. He hits like a hammer but he don't like being the nail. Glover on the other hand has the resilience to get out of bad positions and fight through it. His ground game clearly isn't good enough and he quits once he blows his load. Knew he was gonna tap when he got reversed. Almost instant. Props to Glover i love this guy.
But with his power alone, he can still be a contender. Look at Ngannou, Anthony Johnson, Rozenstruik, etc. I see what your saying but getting through that power/enduring it long enough is a tall order for most.

Glover was ranked #3. He's always been a slow starter and a literal slow fighter on the feet. His M/O has always been to weather the storm and to smash guys on the ground.

The fact Glover was #3 makes me respect Santos less for taking that fight. No risk involved.
But with his power alone, he can still be a contender. Look at Ngannou, Anthony Johnson, Rozenstruik, etc. I see what your saying but getting through that power/enduring it long enough is a tall order for most.

Santos doesn't have power. He's only knocked out old men in the UFC at Light Heavyweight and was outboxed by freaking Jack Marshman and David Branch at middleweight.

The fact Glover was #3 makes me respect Santos less for taking that fight. No risk involved.

Santos doesn't have power. He's only knocked out old men in the UFC and was outboxed by freaking Jack Marshman at middleweight.
You obvkously don't like Santos since your logic doesn't make sense. By your logic Glover shouldn't be respected since there wasn't any risk in fighting someone with a #1 ranking. It's fine to dislike a fighter, but to say he fought chumps recently is objectively wrong.

You obvkously don't like Santos since your logic doesn't make sense. By your logic Glover shouldn't be respected since there wasn't any risk in fighting someone with a #1 ranking. It's fine to dislike a fighter, but to say he fought chumps recently is objectively wrong.

Glover earned his ranking by fending off young-and-hungry fighters trying to claim it. Santos came in and got a no.1 contender fight off beating the corpse of Jimi Manuwa. I think he's a coward and a bully and I make no apologies for holding that attitude towards him.

Glover earned his ranking by fending off young-and-hungry fighters trying to claim it. Santos came in and got a no.1 contender fight off beating the corpse of Jimi Manuwa. I think he's a coward and a bully and I make no apologies for holding that attitude towards him.
He's also the last guy to beat and KO Jan, and Jan was ranked #4.

Santos doesn't have power. He's only knocked out old men in the UFC at Light Heavyweight and was outboxed by freaking Jack Marshman and David Branch at middleweight.
He beat Marshman. He's also TKO'd Anthony Smith, Jack Hermannson and Jan Blachovitz amongst others. Guy hits hard. Glover - who's been on the receiving end of Anthony Johnson, said so himself.

He's also the last guy to beat and KO Jan, and Jan was ranked #4.

Jan was 36 years old by that point, hence the 'only beat old men' remark. Let's be honest, Jan's an OK fighter but he's really overachieved more than anything and is commonly regarded on here as one of the weaker champs for good reason.
He beat Marshman. He's also TKO'd Anthony Smith, Jack Hermannson and Jan Blachovitz amongst others. Guy hits hard. Glover - who's been on the receiving end of Anthony Johnson, said so himself.

With a spinning kick. And he got knocked out by Branch. Anthony Smith is an overachiever, Jack has pitiful striking and Jan I've already covered. Jan's his only real one-punch knockout in his entire UFC career including middleweight and even then Jan was still conscious at the end.

Back