I was right Stipe has the best chance at dethroning Francis...

Francis ate that shot like a champ, literally a half second shake off back to laser focus with the left.

Just violated Stipe badly. Epic KO.

https://youtube.com/shorts/_jUoDc_bYNQ?feature=share

He did stun Francis but was too beat up to follow and he got finished! War Stipe!

Eh, I'll give it to you that he stunned him, for all of .025 of a second. But Francis kept his eyes on Stipe the whole time, and Stipe did try to follow up, but he came running in with his hands down and Francis saw him coming all the way. This is nothing like what we witnessed this last weekend where Leon got tagged and you could immediately see in his eyes that he was rocked. Francis just kind of ate a bunch while he was moving, knocked him a little off balance, he resets looks at Stipe running in and BAM, Goodnight Irene!

Interestingly, Ngannou's first punch was ridiculously amateurish. But as soon as he got stunned, his next two punches were much more technical. That's the opposite of what one might expect.

In any event, I'd say Gane is clearly his biggest threat right now. Gane is by far the most technical striker in the division right now, and it's entirely plausible that he could avoid Ngannou's big shots and eventually gas him out.

Don't think francis was put on queer street from that punch but Stipe in the past has done well with following up when he sensed someone was hurt. He misjudged that situation. I think their fights lean in favor of francis 60/40.

After getting KOed by DC and sent into shadow realm by Francis. I wanna see Stipe retire not fight the hardest hitter ever in MMA for the 3rd time.

Stipe beat Ngannou 50-43 and Ngannou has finished Stipe... Pretty sure either has a shot to beat the other with the right gameplay...

Don't think francis was put on queer street from that punch but Stipe in the past has done well with following up when he sensed someone was hurt. He misjudged that situation. I think their fights lean in favor of francis 60/40.
Basically in a few seconds, both fighters went too wild after hurting their opponent and both got punished.
Except Stipe got punished more definitively.

Interestingly, Ngannou's first punch was ridiculously amateurish. But as soon as he got stunned, his next two punches were much more technical. That's the opposite of what one might expect.

In any event, I'd say Gane is clearly his biggest threat right now. Gane is by far the most technical striker in the division right now, and it's entirely plausible that he could avoid Ngannou's big shots and eventually gas him out.
He won’t avoid the blitz and will sleep for a long time

I really dont know what to think about Stipes chances in a rubber-match.
Like he has a sneaky right and sneaky power, and can def hurt Ngannou, but it doesnt seem enough to make Ngannou respect his power and second-guess himself. Instead Francis just tanks that shit and moves forward. It also doesnt seem nowhere near enough to actually finish Ngannou.

I think Stipe can get him down if he times his takedowns better. Deep shots timed when Ngannou blitzes in, GSP style. Unfortunately Stipe’s reflexes seem heavily diminished, whenever Ngannou blitzed he caught Stipe flush. So that seems like a really hard gameplan to pull off.

He could also maybe tighten up his defense, go heavy on the flinches, keep Ngannou guessing, and pray that he gasses in the third round where Stipe could take over.

Overall a very tough fight, but anyone short of a HW Khabib is gonna have a tough time with Ngannou.

Going with Gane
I agree. If he wins his next fight he should get the next shot at the belt. I honestly hope Stipe just retires and enjoy his life with his family. He has nothing to prove.

I think so too, at least 20 Brenda Schaubs would have been KOd that night and Stipe took all of it until the one he wasn't expecting.

Uhh.. Blinking when someone punches you in the face isn't getting rocked. He does need to work on that. EYES WIDE! SEE EVERYTHING FRANCIS! LETS GOOOOOOOOO
Ngannou was definitely 'rocked'. Being wobbled is worse than being rocked. Ngannou wasn't wobbled, but rocked enough to take a couple of steps back.

Also Stipe did take a bunch of punishment until that hook. Not saying that punch wasn't powerful, but wonder if Stipe could have eaten it if he wasn't dropped just moments before. Stipe is about too old now so I'm not sure a rematch does much and would rather see both guys get another few fights in before a rematch if it does happen. Imagine if HW could get to that level as LW where most of the champs aren't over the low 30's.

Stipe is Ngannou’s bitch now and was treated as such

The whole “StIpE hUrT nGaNnOU!!!” is pure fantasy and cope. He was put out and brutally finished a second after eating that shot

Accept it

I think it hurt but Ngannou kept coming. A half assed Nganno punch brutally KO Stipe, his head bounced off the canvas. That hammer fist wasnt needed but was cool

Prime stipe maybe. Current stipe looks finish. I think Ngannou finishes him again.

Almost anyone on the HW roster can beat Ngannou, its a matter of landing a big bomb before he does. it would actually be more likely for someone like Derrick to get that done because that's already his gameplan, and Francis was scared to trade with him in their first fight.

His eyes looked exactly the same when he landed that left hook. It’s just the way he closes his eyes when exchanging punches—the guy wasn’t hurt at all.

Back