I wanna see Mendes vs. Edgar

When Aldo smashes Edgar and then moves up to LW you'll get to see Edgar vs Mendes.

Edgar takes it.

Nobody seems to take into account that Mendes has been out striking nobodies and fighters that don't have a striking game. It's amazing how much knocking out cans/good stylistic matcups can do to someone's hype train.

Nate Diaz beat strikers convincingly and everyone thinks he's a bad match up for a wrestler. Nick Diaz beats brawlers and everyone thinks Diaz's stand up is extremely technical. Jim Miller/G-sot beat terrible competition and everyone hyped them as contenders.

They also don't take into account that Mendes is a big fish in a small pond when it comes to wrestlers in the FW division.

He's a decent wrestler but he's not amazing. Edgar's wrestling is quite a bit better when it comes to set ups, double legs, single legs, etc.

Mendes' striking looks very robotic and awkward against guys that have some sort of a striking game.

I love both fighters by the way and think Mendes is going to be much better one day. Was also pissed at how the Aldo/Mendes fight turned out. I like Aldo too but it's ridiculous how brazilians get a free pass at fence/shorts grabbing no matter how blatant it is.

Back