• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections I voted today for the first time

Gotta have a little fun around here. I'm not saying I don't care who wins but it's just the internets. I feel that I could leave tomorrow and not have too much heartburn. Which other account?
That’s true. A fun bet like loser posts a retarded looking pic is about the extent I would do. Though account deleting bets just seem dumb to me.

The fella you were responding to. I would never take a deletion bet, but if I did, it would have to be against a poster I really really hated, which is none of them. Seems something online enemies would do.

To maintain the thread; congrats TS. They say if you don’t use it, you lose it. Vote for whoever you feel mirrors your views best, regardless of party.

Last edited:
That’s true. A fun bet like loser posts a retarded looking pic is about the extent I would do. Though account deleting bets just seem dumb to me.

The fella you were responding to. I would never take a deletion bet, but if I did, it would have to be against a poster I really really hated, which is none of them. Seems something online enemies would do.

To maintain the thread; congrats TS. They say if you don’t use it, you lose it. Vote for whoever you feel mirrors your views best, regardless of party.
You and me both. The trolls here are tiresome but they usually get caught eventually. I don't see a perma ban bet unless it was to that extent. I don't hate any peeps here either.

Yeah, I wonder where this was. He would be out of his mind down here. You see MAGA stuff everywhere, including beaches like this. Not a fan myself, but I love to see dorks like this get bent out of shape. Just keep walking. Problem solved.
The funniest part is he's not even getting mad at "MAGA" flags for whatever that means but that Human Twinkie is pissed because people are flying American Flags in America and they don't give two shits about that twinkie but they ruined his day...which is awesome..

Last edited:
Feel free not to respond if this isn't the right thread, but apart from the fact that the USA is not 'America',

What's the rub? It's just another short-form term for United States of America. Is there any other country in the western hemisphere with 'America' in its name that would take exception? Is the former Federal Republic of Central America (1823-1839) getting the band back together? Do they wanna GO? 🤨

the first network considered to be the foundation of the internet was ARPANET, founded in '69 - renamed to DARPA in I think '72. The Wiki page says it was also located in the UK and Norway. Anyway that was not 'the internet',

DARPA is an R&D agency within the US Department of Defense.

You are conflating the Internet with the World Wide Web which are not the same thing. The Internet refers to the actual network of interconnected computers while the WWW is the actual webpages you can browse ON the Internet. ARPANET, which set the foundation for the Internet, was developed in the US with its first connections being established Norway and the UK.

Yeah, lol. There is no web absent the internet and TCP/IP. It is a straight-up (United States of) America(n) invention, like transistors and integrated circuits. The 20th was most definitely the (United States of) American Century.

You are conflating the Internet with the World Wide Web which are not the same thing. The Internet refers to the actual network of interconnected computers while the WWW is the actual webpages you can browse ON the Internet.
Disagree. The internet is the software and hardware. One is useless without the other.

CubicleGangster said:
ARPANET, which set the foundation for the Internet, was developed in the US with its first connections being established Norway and the UK.
I concur.
Hell yeah and I love the fact the people that hate America the most will never leave here even though theres plenty of opportunity to do so...Just like the retards that said they were moving to Canada if Trump won.
Stats on US emigration are surprisingly hard to find. Apparently over 6,000 US Citizens renounce their citizenship per year though. I bet the paying US taxes while living (permanently) abroad helps with that. And you hear about all the people moving to Mexico, like Thomas Markle. Moving to Canada after losing an internal battle is an American tradition, people did it after the Revolutionary War and Civil War. @fingercuffs are you still a British citizen? Do you have any other nationalities as you seem to have lived abroad a lot.
What's the rub? It's just another short-form term for United States of America. Is there any other country in the western hemisphere with 'America' in its name that would take exception? Is the former Federal Republic of Central America (1823-1839) getting the band back together? Do they wanna GO? 🤨

DARPA is an R&D agency within the US Department of Defense.

Yeah, lol. There is no web absent the internet and TCP/IP. It is a straight-up (United States of) America(n) invention, like transistors and integrated circuits. The 20th was most definitely the (United States of) American Century.
Why don't we call the Sun the Moon and vice versa? Close enough, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And this is a cat:

German-Shepherd-dog-Alsatian.jpg

and you will be mocked for disagreeing.

Words have meanings. As annoying as people like you find people like me, you must need us or we wouldn't have evolved to be a constant small part of the population.

Obviously when I said DARPA I meant DARPANET. I have corrected the post and thanks for picking that up.

The internet is not a US invention. (People in) the US invented part of it. Sorry this seems to bother you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also sorry to have to tell you that you're on shaky ground with the transistor.

The first patent for the field-effect transistor principle was filed in Canada by Austrian-Hungarian physicist Julius Edgar Lilienfeld on October 22, 1925, but Lilienfeld published no research articles about his devices, and his work was ignored by industry. In 1934 German physicist Dr. Oskar Heil patented another field-effect transistor. There is no direct evidence that these devices were built, but later work in the 1990s show that one of Lilienfeld's designs worked as described and gave substantial gain. Legal papers from the Bell Labs patent show that William Shockley and a co-worker at Bell Labs, Gerald Pearson, had built operational versions from Lilienfeld's patents, yet they never referenced this work in any of their later research papers or historical articles.

I bet this kind of thing happens a lot in academia/inventing. If there were some way to irrefutably find the 'father' of an invention, like DNA testing children, I bet a high percentage would be at least partly wrongly attributed.

Of the three inventors usually credited with inventing the transistor (Bardeen, Brattain and Shockley), two were born abroad: Brattain in China and Shockley in London.

I don't know very much about transistors but apparently the BBS version was soon superceded by the MOSFET transistor, which was invented in the US by an Egpytian and a Korean immigrant. The USA gets full credit for the integrated circuit though.

Disagree. The internet is the software and hardware. One is useless without the other.

I concur.

Stats on US emigration are surprisingly hard to find. Apparently over 6,000 US Citizens renounce their citizenship per year though. I bet the paying US taxes while living (permanently) abroad helps with that. And you hear about all the people moving to Mexico, like Thomas Markle. Moving to Canada after losing an internal battle is an American tradition, people did it after the Revolutionary War and Civil War. @fingercuffs are you still a British citizen? Do you have any other nationalities as you seem to have lived abroad a lot.

Why don't we call the Sun the Moon and vice versa? Close enough, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And this is a cat:

German-Shepherd-dog-Alsatian.jpg

and you will be mocked for disagreeing.

Words have meanings. As annoying as people like you find people like me, you must need us or we wouldn't have evolved to be a constant small part of the population.

Obviously when I said DARPA I meant DARPANET. I have corrected the post and thanks for picking that up.

The internet is not a US invention. (People in) the US invented part of it. Sorry this seems to bother you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also sorry to have to tell you that you're on shaky ground with the transistor.

I bet this kind of thing happens a lot in academia/inventing. If there were some way to irrefutably find the 'father' of an invention, like DNA testing children, I bet a high percentage would be at least partly wrongly attributed.

Of the three inventors usually credited with inventing the transistor (Bardeen, Brattain and Shockley), two were born abroad: Brattain in China and Shockley in London.

I don't know very much about transistors but apparently the BBS version was soon superceded by the MOSFET transistor, which was invented in the US by an Egpytian and a Korean immigrant. The USA gets full credit for the integrated circuit though.

America is America, mate. It isn't obvious that you even knew what DARPA was before today, or that there's a difference between the internet and world wide web. There's not much shaky about it and no reason to be sorry: the semiconductor industry was literally spawned in America. This bloke was an immigrant (to America), that bloke was born abroad (to American parents) -- American citizens working in American institutions on American soil. "But wait a minute!" Why? You don't like America, and it's no bother to me. It's the norm.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congrats. All you need to do now is get a gun, lose a few IQ points and get fat as fuck. You'll be a full blooded American.
Lol says the Canadian.
Castro Junior.

America is America, mate. It isn't obvious that you even knew what DARPA was before today, or that there's a difference between the internet and world wide web. There's not much shaky about it and no reason to be sorry: the semiconductor industry was literally spawned in America. This bloke was an immigrant (to America), that bloke was born abroad (to American parents) -- American citizens working in American institutions on American soil. "But wait a minute!" Why? You don't like America, and it's no bother to me. It's the norm.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The semiconductor industry was spawned by Karl Ferdinand Braun (German) and Jagadish Chandra Bose, an Indian (India was in the British Empire at the time). Have a pleasant evening.

I'm disappointed in you, Fingercuffs.
Republicans are losers. And no, I don't just say that to attack you or be mean-spirited. They are literal losers. They have been losing the culture war in the Western world for over 50 consecutive years now. Sometimes, the loud ones like MTJ and Cruz claw a few inches back, only to lose miles of ground immediately after. The world is steadily, and eagerly, looking to leave these people behind.
They're never going to care how corrupt Trump is. All they're ever going to care about is the world they'll never have. And since they'll never have it, they'll make due with enjoying every opportunity they get to see the real world burn. That's the only "wins" available to them, the only real opportunities for them to feel like things are going their way.
TR7MP has been a blight on the party, and it didn't all start with him, but that's not all Republicans.

Im going to do some research and find out who is for this gender identity crap, against abortion, and for illegal immigrants, and im voting for their opposition. I don't care what their opposition is for or against, those three things ( and pun intended ) " trump anything else".

Leaving aside the questions of how much the US population in 2024 resembles the US population many decades ago, and how representative Edison etc. were and are of the general US population:

Light bulb = Joseph Swan, British
Film = Louis Le Prince, French
Aeroplane = Debatable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_the_first_powered_flight https://www.history.com/news/history-faceoff-who-was-first-in-flight
Internet = Debatable. When I search 'Who invented the internet' I get Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, who is British. Computers and the telegraph were also invented in the UK. However the first big computer networks, which laid the groundwork for the internet as far as I know as a layman, were made by the US military.
Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET)

My bad. I forget are not a trumpster Nazi whos on his last yellow card defending the bible salesman.
You're such a clown and its clowns like you that took the actual meaning from the words like "Nazis", "Racists", "Supremacists", "Pandemic"...... The funny thing is that you're an actual Tool to a political party and really don't have a voice of your own.

Back