• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections I voted today for the first time

It's mindboggling how a nation of low IQ people managed to contribute to the world the first light bulb, phonograph and moving pictures, airplane, personal computer, and internet, just to name a few inventions.
Leaving aside the questions of how much the US population in 2024 resembles the US population many decades ago, and how representative Edison etc. were and are of the general US population:

Light bulb = Joseph Swan, British
Film = Louis Le Prince, French
Aeroplane = Debatable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_the_first_powered_flight https://www.history.com/news/history-faceoff-who-was-first-in-flight
Internet = Debatable. When I search 'Who invented the internet' I get Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, who is British. Computers and the telegraph were also invented in the UK. However the first big computer networks, which laid the groundwork for the internet as far as I know as a layman, were made by the US military.

"Lose a few IQ points" to be an American.

Yeah, dude. It's mindboggling how a nation of low IQ people managed to contribute to the world the first light bulb, phonograph and moving pictures, airplane, personal computer, and internet, just to name a few inventions.

Judging by how you take everything so literally, you're proving my point.

It's a throwaway joke dipshit.

Yeah, dude. It's mindboggling how a nation of low IQ people managed to contribute to the world the first light bulb, phonograph and moving pictures, airplane, personal computer, and internet, just to name a few inventions.
I hear some of us still struggle deciphering jokes from serious comments though.

Leaving aside the questions of how much the US population in 2024 resembles the US population many decades ago, and how representative Edison etc. were and are of the general US population:

Light bulb = Joseph Swan, British
Film = Louis Le Prince, French
Aeroplane = Debatable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_the_first_powered_flight https://www.history.com/news/history-faceoff-who-was-first-in-flight
Internet = Debatable. When I search 'Who invented the internet' I get Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, who is British. Computers and the telegraph were also invented in the UK. However the first big computer networks, which laid the groundwork for the internet as far as I know as a layman, were made by the US military.

No no no, all my scholastic History books have very distinctly said Americans invented all those things while tea-bagging the Brits and at the same time attempting, in vain, to save black people from themselves.

Murica!!!

Nice dicktuck, idiot. "Ha ha, I was only kidding!" Yeah, sure. Like you wouldn't tell a joke if there weren't an element of truth to it.

You never heard of self deprecating humor? I'm American moron.

You're still a bit obsessed aren't you? You're following me around every thread and just can't help yourself when I'm not even addressing you. lol that sensitive about a pee pee joke.

off-work-little.gif

No no no, all my scholastic History books have very distinctly said Americans invented all those things while tea-bagging the Brits and at the same time attempting, in vain, to save black people from themselves.

Murica!!!
425741-compton-breaking-point-GIF.gif

You never heard of self deprecating humor? I'm American moron.

You're still a bit obsessed aren't you? You're following me around every thread and just can't help yourself when I'm not even addressing you. lol that sensitive about a pee pee joke.

off-work-little.gif

jim-carrey-excited-to-see-you.gif

Hack comedy at its finest. It was as funny as a Joe Rogan stand-up special chimpanzee dying from AIDS.

Tbf, it was when america was white... I mean before DEI...I mean...

giphy.gif

Murica!!!
It was anglo-saxon jesus who inspired these people.

jim-carrey-excited-to-see-you.gif

Hack comedy at its finest. It was as funny as a Joe Rogan stand-up special chimpanzee dying from AIDS.

You're right. Can't beat this peak comedy. LOL

Now I don't want to toot my own horn here as I majored in computer engineering and took courses in Ordinary Differential Equations and Discrete Mathematics...

Why don't you stop derailing every thread with your petty, personal vendetta bullshit. No one cares.

It's giving you answers for the world wide web (Berners-Lee). Your understanding as a layman is correct, DARPA laid the foundations for and created the Internet. America was really late on the scene to science, at least in terms of having the institutions in place to compete with the likes of the UK and Germany but it's done plenty. This isn't the thread to discuss it, though.

It's giving you answers for the world wide web (Berners-Lee). Your understanding as a layman is correct, DARPA laid the foundations for and created the Internet. America was really late on the scene to science, at least in terms of having the institutions in place to compete with the likes of the UK and Germany but it's done plenty. This isn't the thread to discuss it, though.
Feel free not to respond if this isn't the right thread, but apart from the fact that the USA is not 'America', the first network considered to be the foundation of the internet was ARPANET, founded in '69 - renamed to DARPANET in I think '72. The Wiki page says it was also located in the UK and Norway. Anyway that was not 'the internet', in the same way that this:

iStock_996232320-1-scaled-1.jpg.optimal.jpg

is not a house.

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee... is an English computer scientist best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web, the HTML markup language, the URL system and HTTP.

Last edited:
Feel free not to respond if this isn't the right thread, but apart from the fact that the USA is not 'America', the first network considered to be the foundation of the internet was ARPANET, founded in '69 - renamed to DARPA in I think '72. The Wiki page says it was also located in the UK and Norway. Anyway that was not 'the internet', in the same way that this:

iStock_996232320-1-scaled-1.jpg.optimal.jpg

is not a house.

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee... is an English computer scientist best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web, the HTML markup language, the URL system and HTTP.
You are conflating the Internet with the World Wide Web which are not the same thing. The Internet refers to the actual network of interconnected computers while the WWW is the actual webpages you can browse ON the Internet. ARPANET, which set the foundation for the Internet, was developed in the US with its first connections being established Norway and the UK.

Well I knew my guy wasn't going to win but didn't know it was going to be this cut and dry!

Vince Fong - 73.86%
Mike Boudreaux - 26.14%

Back