i ve rewatched jones vs reyes and count strike by strike

Nah, that fight was super close. Lots of reasonable people scored it for Reyes, and lots scored it for Jones.

To say that either guy obviously won is just silly.

Exactly and I dont know why people are so mad, I have 1 clear round for Reyes and 2 clear rounds for Jones. IIRC rounds 2 and 3 were open for discussion.

I see people leaning towards Reyes cause he outlanded Jones and had some big moments.
Also I see people leaning towards Jones who left better impression in second half of the fight, also Reyes running away for last 2 and half rounds wasn’t the best look for a challenger as well.

it could have been there was like 2 jabs form Dom and a and 1 spinning body kicks by jon i wasn t too sure about

Sorry bud, I’ll trust the official stats over one guy watching in real time supposedly 6 whole times. Even so, like I originally said, strike counts don’t really tell the story which is why judges don’t get those numbers so whatever point you’re trying to make is moot.

Sorry bud, I’ll trust the official stats over one guy watching in real time supposedly 6 whole times. Even so, like I originally said, strike counts don’t really tell the story which is why judges don’t get those numbers so whatever point you’re trying to make is moot.
you can always do it yourself bud

octagon control. and strikes are counted differently in judges eyes. some are significant and some aren't

either way close fight. Reyes was clearly wilting in rounds 4 and 5. championship rounds matter more to me so i'm fine with the decision.
Octagon control is irrelevant in judging 99 percent of fights, including this one.

Reyes won all 5 rounds. Corrupt ufc and judges trying to protect their last star

you can always do it yourself bud

Nice cop out. You still haven’t given me or anybody else a reason to believe you’re more accurate. You posed your alternative take, prove your methods are the most accurate and reliable. “I watched it six times and paused” doesn’t really lend you any credibility.

i counted strike by strike and only the ones that actually landed and this was my score card

round 1 : jones 19/ reyes 21
round 2 : jones 17/ reyes 19
round 3 : jones 22/ reyes 22
round 4: jones 24/ reyes 11
round 5 : jones 24/ reyes 17
and i will say this most of the strikes reyes outlanded jones with were either leg kicks or body shoots
But can you add the 5 rounds together?

You know what I haven't had in a while? Big league chew...
One of the GOATs for gum

Easily top 3 of all time

just went to Google and typed in gum just to make sure I was correct with my choice and I am.

1) big league chew (since it has multiple flavors all amazing)
2) bazooka
3) double bubble
3) hubba bubba tape (tie for third)
4) bubble yum

Last edited:
I'm not here to argue for who won because even though I thought Reyes should've won, he didn't dominate, it doesn't matter today, and ultimately I don't give a shit.
BUT I'm curious when it comes to your assessment being more accurate than the official strike counts, because I believe when they go back to re-count strikes in a fight they have access to multiple angles and quality slow-mo to verify, and I dunno if you can say the same. Not saying they're infallible or anything, and I've definitely raised an eyebrow and some of their totals before, but I thought the stats for this fight were more or less in line with what I was watching, and I really didn't have a bias for either guy.
i counted the kicks punches knees and elbows that landed it was kind a cool because i think at some points they hit each other at the same time but anyway all the strike that hit the air i left out

Nice cop out. You still haven’t given me or anybody else a reason to believe you’re more accurate. You posed your alternative take, prove your methods are the most accurate and reliable. “I watched it six times and paused” doesn’t really lend you any credibility.
i already give all the reason i need and what i m doing is to challenge everybody who is sure of what their are saying and disagrees to do what i did

Jones won 3-2 , although Thiago Santos fight I thought he lost 3-2

Agreed, but Reyes still landed more and harder shots in the first 3 rounds. Which is what seals the fight result.
if there is no knock downs or the oponent doesn t even look hurt how did he landed the harder shoots this wasn t romero vs whittaker when rob bearly survived those round he didn t even do the visible damage gus did

if there is no knock downs or the oponent doesn t even look hurt how did he landed the harder shoots this wasn t romero vs whittaker when rob bearly survived those round he didn t even do the visible damage gus did
Are you asking me how you can tell who's landing the harder shots? Use your eyeballs. It's subjective and not perfect, but that's how fights have been scored for centuries in combat sports.

i already give all the reason i need and what i m doing is to challenge everybody who is sure of what their are saying and disagrees to do what i did

You’ve admitted you might have missed some strikes, didn’t watch it in slow mo, don’t have access to every angle. You’re credibility is already pretty low. I’m skeptical you even watched it 6 times pausing after every strike. You really spent 4+ hours doing this? And for what? What’s your point here? That the stats are wrong? As I already pointed out this doesn’t really do anything to change opinion.

Sherdoggers and casuals like when people swing at air. Truth is reyes missed a majority of his flurries thru out the fight which lead to him gassing after the first flurry in round 4. Plus if we’re going by damage reyes has his nose broken and needed to be carried out the octagon by his brothers while jon had no injury.

You're telling us that MMA judges should be.

Nope, but I am all against split decision/win near draw tittle change. Especially if challenger is just surviving championship rounds.. If thats not too contradictory.

You’ve admitted you might have missed some strikes, didn’t watch it in slow mo, don’t have access to every angle. You’re credibility is already pretty low. I’m skeptical you even watched it 6 times pausing after every strike. You really spent 4+ hours doing this? And for what? What’s your point here? That the stats are wrong? As I already pointed out this doesn’t really do anything to change opinion.
yeah like 2 punches and 1 kick as they were gonna make a big difference and yes my point was to prove that the stats were wrong and shoots down one of this robbery narrative every hater and casual just wants to make

Back