I truly can't get on board the Gregor hype train.

Khabib would be khabibed by him. He is that good of a wrestler.

Khabib would outbox him. Gillespie gets stunned hard in nearly every fight before he remembers that he's a great grappler.

I just watched Gregors highlights. Im not gonna lie i never paid attention to him before. His grappling and wrestling is pretty damn good Id say in the top 15 for sure. With that being said I think his striking could use some improvement, I mean he doesnt need to be no Barboza but try not to be in the way of strikes like Khabibi. I might pick Gillespie over Porier if he can get it to the gound somehow.

Nobody is more aboard the Gregor hype train than I am. I'd also favor him over all those guys plus probably everyone in the top 6 minus Khabib and Tony. Did you watch Gaethje in WSOF? He has a wrestling background, but he can be taken down. Gregor I think puts him on his back and controls him. Same as Poirier, Barboza, etc. The ONLY hesitation is whether Gregor being a relatively small LW would start to matter as he fights higher ranked guys. But I'd even give him a chance vs Khabib. I'd favor Khabib (and Tony), but I'd give Gregor a shot vs either.

Lee controlled Tony for about 2 minutes of round 1, and did no damage. And Tony got guard back at the end of rd 1. Lee is a BEAST grappler when fresh, but his gas tank sucks. That said, I agree Gregor is a better grappler than Lee and definitely has a better gas tank.

I'm not saying Gregor would have no shot vs Tony, my comment was that you don't "feed" Tony Ferguson to anyone. The guy has won 11 in a row with 8 finishes against top competition.

Yea you don't feed Tony to anyone. The only fight for Tony is Khabib. That's the fight. It's the fight we all want to see.

As for Gregor I need to see him face some tougher guys before I think he rolls Poirier or Lee or Gaethje or especially Al. I need to see him take a shot.

I like Gregor but I think Islam Makhachev is the best prospect in the division.

I like Gregor but I think Islam Makhachev is the best prospect in the division.

He's right up there. I think Gregor is better, but it's close.

Yea you don't feed Tony to anyone. The only fight for Tony is Khabib. That's the fight. It's the fight we all want to see.

As for Gregor I need to see him face some tougher guys before I think he rolls Poirier or Lee or Gaethje or especially Al. I need to see him take a shot.

He's gotten tagged by lesser guys. So his willingness to brawl is a concern. His chin has held up, but I agree vs top tier guys that could be a different story. I just don't see those guys stopping his grappling.

Khabib would be khabibed by him. He is that good of a wrestler.
your opinion is as worthless as a fart on a windy day. hes not even a 5% of the wrestler khabib is. if khabib fought the guys hes fighting atm, he would look like the incredible hulk.

Im glad wasnt the only one. Thanks @BooBoyMan for clearing that up. For the TS, it looks like you are not the last one on that train.
I thought "Gregor" was a Sherdog nickname for Greg Hardy.

Leaving this thread officially a casual.

I was expecting a joke thread about (Mc)Gregor.

So me too I guess.

Yeah I was thinking ......
“Well shit if you’re just NOW contemplating getting on the McGregor hype train or not, you’re like way way late”

Who tf is gregor?

Gregor_clegane_mountain.jpg

idk if this is a joke going over my head or not, but just in case...

he's talking about gregor gillespie, not conor mcgregor lol

I don’t have a clue who he is, but I’m willing to get on the sherdog hype train and state that he is in fact the greatest of all time.

Khabib would outbox him. Gillespie gets stunned hard in nearly every fight before he remembers that he's a great grappler.

Not his last fight. He has a couple times though, yeah.

He may be figuring things out more too, that's the scary thing. Lost in the fact that he's 31 years old is that he's relatively new to MMA (especially from a cage minutes perspective). He may make big leaps over the next couple years.

I'd be interested to see what a fight with Khabib would look like if Gregor just decided he was gonna take Khabib down and not mess around striking. Would he be able to? I'm not sure, but he might. Khabib is vastly underrated off his back though, better than the guys Gregor has fought. So it's no guarantee at all that Gregor dominates even if he is securing top position.

Admittedly I'm higher on Gregor than most, but I do think he's a top 5 guy right now.

I hope I'm not jinxing him where Yancy starches him Sat night LOL.

His wrestling and top control are 100% "special". He is SMOTHERING when he puts guys on their backs (and his TD's are elite too, so he has no issues putting guys on their backs). No lay n pray, he is smashing or advancing, and finishing guys. Yeah his level of competition hasn't been great, but he's been running through them like they are regional scrubs, not UFC fighters. Vince Pichel is a good fighter. Not top 15, but solid. Gregor completely dominated him, Vince had zero answers for the grappling.

Gregor's lone flaw is that he has been to willing to brawl on a couple occasions. Otherwise, he is absolutely the real deal. I honestly don't know how a fight with him and Khabib would play out, he's that good.
Vinc can't handle grappling. He's been suplex knocked out. Terrible example

Listen. Do not pay attention to the hype of these do nothing biatches online , they don't know anything. Time will tell who is truly who.

So far zero people have convinced me of anything. In fact people have picked him over his 4 nightmare matches. Khabib, Tony, JG, and DDP. I'm going to put money in Yancy to win via grit and octagon exp

You've watched footage? What does that mean? Did you watch all his fights or not?

He's very good, he'd wrestlefuck a lot of guys in the Top 15 and has great cardio and chin.

He's the best wrestler at LW, maybe one of the best in the whole UFC, and along with Askren and Brock are the only NCAA D1 champs. On top of that, he is tough as nails and has been using cage time to practice his striking. Do not be fooled by his willingness to stand and bang, if he wants you down, you're going down.

I watch every event and honestly I know the name but have no idea who he is or what he does, I'll pay close attention this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back