I think we're in for an incredible trilogy.

Yeah man. First thing first though. Overeem has a beating coming! :D

Ill say this I hate overeem with a passion to hate but if he met either fighter with tonight's level of skill he would literally kill them. It looked like every one was off tonight.

unless JDS can somehow stop Cains takedowns the 3rd fight goes down exactly the same.

jds was doing great until that big right hand landed

i cant understand what he was doing, just defending the takedowns and not being agressive

Nope, after seeing Cain cannot finish a gassed out fighter and had low fight IQ for the last three rounds I really do not want to see this fight again. The only reason I like HW fights is because they usually have a big KO/TKO finish.

If I want to watch high-level grappling and striking I'll watch the smaller guys.

lol This fight along with the Miller/Lauzon fight were some of the most entertaining I've seen as of late, and they both ended in decisions. Obviously a finish is something everyone enjoys when watching a fight, but a decision in absolutely no way takes anything away from an exciting fight. Take Hendo vs. Shogun for an example.

Ill say this I hate overeem with a passion to hate but if he met either fighter with tonight's level of skill he would literally kill them. It looked like every one was off tonight.

I think Overeem might be one of the most blown out of proportion fighters on here. He'll have every opportunity to prove me wrong when he faces either of these fighters, but this whole thing him about him walking through them is almost laughable IMO. If he does prove me wrong, I'll have no problem eating crow though.

Last edited:
I completely disagree.

There has been nothing "Incredible" about these two fights so far.

First fight: Flash KO before anyone even blinked

Second fight: Total domination and completely uncompetitive

What am I missing, not trying to be a douche, I enjoyed both fights but there was nothing incredible about them.

First off, hats off to Cain. I'm a big JDS fan, and I had him taking this fight with another (T)KO. Cain put on a hell of a performance and deserves every bit of that title. At the same time, I became an even bigger fan of JDS in this loss. He basically fought four rounds off heart alone, and never gave up.

Like I said earlier, Cain deserves all the praise he gets for tonight's performance, so don't write this off as an excuse. But I truly believe JDS was underestimating what Cain is capable of doing leading into this fight. In my mind the third fight between these two may be a battle for the ages. In my mind JDS actually showed very solid TDD and ability to get up once taken down. The one thing that really overwhelmed him was Cain's relentless pace, I really don't think he was prepared for that, or believed he capable of doing so. I don't know when these two will meet again, but I do believe it will be one hell of a battle now that both fighters know what the other can truly bring to the table.

I also expect most of this will be followed with "JDS has nothing for Cain." Which is fair enough, since a lot JDS fans were claiming the same leading into tonight's fight. Your thoughts?

Great post and I agree with almost everything, including the sad nature of fools who will start appearing to bash JDS.

I really wanted Cain to win, but gave him only about a 30% chance. The reason I wanted Cain to win was to set up a rubber match between two great fighters, especially since often HW in the UFC is an underwhelming division - it gives us as fans something really special to hope for. I'm glad I was wrong and Cain put on a pain clinic, I hope JDS comes back like Cain did, on a mission to take back what he feels belongs to him.

Thanks Cain and JDS, for giving us good fights so far, and hopefully more to cheer for in future.

I completely disagree.

What am I missing, not trying to be a douche, I enjoyed both fights but there was nothing incredible about them.

Fair enough. I didn't necessarily mean either of the first fights were incredible, just that I believe the third has the making to be one. Like I said in the OP, both fighters now know what the other is truly capable of. And this, IMO, creates the perfect storm for a great rubber match.

Would love to see a rubber match. Cain got a quick rematch back, would be nice if JDS gets one if he wins his next fight. If Reem beats Bigfoot and gets the next fight with Cain, would be awesome if JDS fought the winner...but who would he fight in the meantime? Bigfoot? The best fight would be welcoming Cormier but I don't think they would do that now

I completely disagree.

This.

Back