I think the Conor/Nate fight might look like the Anderson/Forrest fight. Here's why:

MTL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Before Anderson Silva and Forrest Griffin fought, it was obvious that Forrest felt like he was gonna lose. He was acting as if he didn't stand a chance and he was just going in for the pay check at the price of sacrificing himself.

I was getting the same impression from Nate. Now I know Nate is as tough as they come, and I'm not saying he's going to quit like Forrest did. But when asked how this fight was gonna go, he had no confidence what so ever. He never once stated that he's gonna go in there and win the fight. He said he's gonna kill or be killed. I felt like he lacked confidence though.

When Conor was asked he gave his usual prediction, first round KO. Anyways I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be a competitive war. What do you think?

Never know how a huge guaranteed payday on short-notice will affect someone. But i think regardless Nate has more confidence in himself than Forrest had. Plus I don't see the skill discrepancy as nearly as wide.

Nate has a decent shot for an underdog. Hopefully he comes to scrap hard. Forrest just didn't have the tools to beat Silva. I don't think that's the same with Nate.

Yes, because we all know Conor is capable of replicating something like this:

tumblr_inline_mq8tckvejW1qz4rgp.gif

You're a genius, TS.

Listen to yourself. You are comparing McGregor to prime Anderson Silva.

Lol God this site has been more ridiculous than ever during the Ronda and conor eras.

This is dumb. Anyone who follows MMA knows that Forrest has always been self deprecating win or lose.

I agree, Nate will tool Conor like Silva tooled Franflin

Ive heard it all. Conor takes a lot of shots - he is no where near as elusive or slippery as Anderson. Forest had a problem with hitting Anderson - Nate won't have that problem - he will be able to land shots on Conor believe that. Look at Chad, he is a natural 135 pound wrestler with a 66 inch reach and still landed punches on Conor.

Where in my post did I say anything about similarities in terms of styles? I was talking about Nates confidence level seemed like it was similar to Forrests at the time.

Yes, because we all know Conor is capable of replicating something like this:

tumblr_inline_mq8tckvejW1qz4rgp.gif

You're a genius, TS.

Listen to yourself. You are comparing McGregor to prime Anderson Silva.

This is dumb. Anyone who follows MMA knows that Forrest has always been self deprecating win or lose.

Ive heard it all. Conor takes a lot of shots - he is no where near as elusive or slippery as Anderson. Forest had a problem with hitting Anderson - Nate won't have that problem - he will be able to land shots on Conor believe that. Look at Chad, he is a natural 135 pound wrestler with a 66 inch reach and still landed punches on Conor.

Where in my post did I say anything about similarities in terms of styles? I was talking about Nates confidence level seemed like it was similar to Forrests at the time.

Well except Nate actually knows how to box. Forrest was just an in shape dog.

Forrest thought he could impose his size on Anderson. iirc, his gameplan was to dirty-box him against the cage and wear him out in a grueling fight. I love Nate, but his boxing and lack of wrestling style is gonna make this easy for Connor. Leg kicks and body kicks all day until he catches him. Nate's boxing is gonna be sloppy too once fatigue starts setting in.

Just making sure. You can never tell about the level of delusion with Conor fans

Back