I think the Conor/Nate fight might look like the Anderson/Forrest fight. Here's why:

Well except Nate actually knows how to box. Forrest was just an in shape dog.

Forrest always came to fight. The guy was my first favorite fighter and that fight was soul-crushing for me. I still respect the guy though.

Yeah TS. Nate is just too slow, not technical enough and his footwork isn't there. He gets hit far too much and relies on toughness, chin and heart. His style is effective if he can overwhelm you with it and he has good cardio and effective hands but there's a huge gap in their striking ability. Nate has yet to even firmly get the fundamentals down. His kicks are horrible and his boxing is very, very unpolished. He has sick submissions though but doesn't have the wrestling to get it there.

Probably not, but this is definitely a possibility

fsPCQnE.gif

Nate will be a foot further away and half a foot taller than that guy.

Where in my post did I say anything about similarities in terms of styles? I was talking about Nates confidence level seemed like it was similar to Forrests at the time.

So you make a thread saying its going to look like Anderson Forrest, then say "oh it wont ACTUALLY look like Anderson Forrest"

TS obviously has spent more hours watching Dr Phil then MMA and thinks fight analysis means "he looked scared like that guy did one time"

I am a big McGregor fan and Diaz is a badass but I do not see how Nate has a chance other than by flying armbar or something.

Counters like this won't be possible against a 6' rangey fighter.
Im rooting for nate but thats not true at all.
Being tall magically doesn't make you less suspect to counters.
If nate overextend with a 1-2 and conor steps in meets him in the middle a similar counter could happen.

I never thought Forrest was going to be much for Anderson Silva...I just didn't buy the hype. One of the easier fights (stylistic match up wise) Silva has had in his career IMO, the weight thing was pretty much irrelevant.

Again, the weight thing is pretty much irrelevant, but the match up is much better.

The only thing holding Nate back from making this quite competitive is the preparation time. I think these fighters actually match up well on paper assuming they both had equal camps.

Before Anderson Silva and Forrest Griffin fought, it was obvious that Forrest felt like he was gonna lose. He was acting as if he didn't stand a chance and he was just going in for the pay check at the price of sacrificing himself.

I was getting the same impression from Nate. Now I know Nate is as tough as they come, and I'm not saying he's going to quit like Forrest did. But when asked how this fight was gonna go, he had no confidence what so ever. He never once stated that he's gonna go in there and win the fight. He said he's gonna kill or be killed. I felt like he lacked confidence though.

When Conor was asked he gave his usual prediction, first round KO. Anyways I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be a competitive war. What do you think?
doom vs reem 2? i do fear it looking like that a little if conor is as good as he thinks he is

Nate is definitely not in fight shape.

This fight means nothing.

Before Anderson Silva and Forrest Griffin fought, it was obvious that Forrest felt like he was gonna lose. He was acting as if he didn't stand a chance and he was just going in for the pay check at the price of sacrificing himself.

I was getting the same impression from Nate. Now I know Nate is as tough as they come, and I'm not saying he's going to quit like Forrest did. But when asked how this fight was gonna go, he had no confidence what so ever. He never once stated that he's gonna go in there and win the fight. He said he's gonna kill or be killed. I felt like he lacked confidence though.

When Conor was asked he gave his usual prediction, first round KO. Anyways I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be a competitive war. What do you think?

Mcgregor might win in the first round. But aint no one replicating what silva did to forest for a while. Conor doesn't even use head movement like that.

So you make a thread saying its going to look like Anderson Forrest, then say "oh it wont ACTUALLY look like Anderson Forrest"

TS obviously has spent more hours watching Dr Phil then MMA and thinks fight analysis means "he looked scared like that guy did one time"
Its gonna look like the Silva/Griffin fight in terms of Nate not being confident and Conor having his way with him you clown. Was just a prediction, stop crying.

Mcgregor might win in the first round. But aint no one replicating what silva did to forest for a while. Conor doesn't even use head movement like that.
I meant in terms of Nate not being confident and Conor having his way with him.

Its gonna look like the Silva/Griffin fight in terms of Nate not being confident and Conor having his way with him you clown. Was just a prediction, stop crying.
Oh ok cool,

I predict Holm V Tate will look like Zigano V Nunes on account of them all being women.

And I predict Sterling to be the next Rampage Jackson, cos theyre both black.

I want to see how hard Connor really hits.
Nate withstood Guillard, Rory, Dong and other big punchers. He only was koed once against a perfect Josh Thompson.

Forrest had a whole camp to prepare. He was also a legitimately bigger guy cutting to 205lb's. Nate is a 155lb fighter who just isn't cutting.

As long as Nate cries while running back to the locker room, I'm cool with it.

Any boxing fan knows Nates boxing ability is amateur. McGregor will KO him inside two three minutes.

Easy money to be made from all betting people

Back