• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I think Khamzat Usman is a little suspect

“He hardly tried”

What a shit take lol. Do you actually believe that? The guy is old af, his knees are fucked, and he took the fight on what two weeks notice at most? Come on, don’t insult the man like that.
Problem with some of you guys is you focus on facts like that but don‘t have experienced eyes to spot funky stuff like that.

Surprisingly stupid take. Usman's knees are shot, he cannot wrestle like he used to. He has always been a stiff boxer, which is what he predominantly does now.

There was nothing suspect.

There’s a reason usman didn’t do shit. He didn’t want to get taken down and ragdolled.

both guys are high level. Let’s not pretend like it’s easy to finish either one of them ffs.
Ragdolled? I'm not sure you know what that word means

Cmon son. Seriously???

Usman hardly tried. It looks like he came in there for a paycheck and did what was expected of him.
For those blaming Khamzat for boring R2 and R3, well Usman largely didn‘t do shit. After the clinic put by Khamzat in R1 it was Usman job‘s to initiate.
He tried his hardest

I'm giving Usman a pass (I don't even like him, but respect him.), because he did perform, he just looked like he took a tough fight with very little notice. The cardio just wasn't there, and a lot of that had to do with Chimaev's game also.

He didn't have a camp. He probably had no sparring or wrestling sessions. Did he even have time to review tape?

Khamzat faded again. He faded in his war with Gilbert as well but given the nature of that fight I didn’t think much of it. This time, I expected him to maul Usman given the short notice. Usman is a world class fighter but at MW I thought Khamzat would run through him fairly easily. Usman did great given the circumstances and Khamzat beat one of the greatest WWs of all time.

Usman hardly tried. It looks like he came in there for a paycheck and did what was expected of him.
For those blaming Khamzat for boring R2 and R3, well Usman largely didn‘t do shit. After the clinic put by Khamzat in R1 it was Usman job‘s to initiate.
Je suis tanner de t’entendre , vient-en on va se battre je vais t’éteindre

this makes Khamzat look even worse. WW on 2 fight losing streak on 10 days notice holds his own with the boogeyman of the MW division who had a full camp? while the WW "largely didn't do shit"? interesting... so does everyone still think Khamzat is the boogeyman?

Khamzat faded again. He faded in his war with Gilbert as well but given the nature of that fight I didn’t think much of it. This time, I expected him to maul Usman given the short notice. Usman is a world class fighter but at MW I thought Khamzat would run through him fairly easily. Usman did great given the circumstances and Khamzat beat one of the greatest WWs of all time.

a lot of people said that he'd have better stamina at MW because the cutting was what was killing his stamina. i always maintained it's not the weight cut, it's his style. he wants to dominate guys but in order to do that he has to expend so much energy to maintain that look of invincibility if he doesn't finish in the 1st rd he's effectively spent.

i think he'd be way more effective if he wasn't such a try-hard in the 1st rd. but it seems he has no grasp of how to pace himself and because of that i doubt he'll become champion or hold the belt long without a lot of help from UFC matchmakers.

Back