I think I have purchased my first pair of old man shoes...

Well how long have you owned them and what's a boat shoe?

Just kidding bro there ya go. I think I have had them like 6 or 7 years but they have been squeaking forever.

Reactions: 666

Just kidding bro there ya go. I think I have had them like 6 or 7 years but they have been squeaking forever.
I know bro #me too. Maybe it's like a feature for the boat shoes. Everyone hears it and you look at you flex getting on your yaught.

I know bro #me too. Maybe it's like a feature for the boat shoes. Everyone hears it and you look at you flex getting on your yaught.
Really? I tbought my pair was impaired. That's annoying as fuck. Will not buy again, not to mention they are not particularly comfortable.

MAn, I am past the age I should care, but growing up in NYC, I can't give up yet. I know foot pain, years of Martial Arts have fucked my joints up. But I do well with running shoes. Just can't go old man NB yet. I love my Nike Airmax 270, and 180.

If you have to go NB, not all look like old fogie joints:
1715442375309.png
1715442449468.png

Got pretty bad plantar fasciitis in both my feet last year. It's largely fixed through PT and orthotics. My running days are probably over so I've been doing a lot of walking and have been doing so in my running shoes. So I went looking for a pair of walking shoes. Amazon had the try before you buy option and they just arrived.

They're pretty comfortable so far but they...are probably...old man shoes. Thoughts?

61iQA0C5zWL._AC_SY695_.jpg

Comfort over style = Old man?

Edit: one of them even squeaks.

<{cruzshake}>
Yp
You want comfort an are committed to the "old man way" ........ get Oofos maybe most comfy everyday show I have worn .

Really? I tbought my pair was impaired. That's annoying as fuck. Will not buy again, not to mention they are not particularly comfortable.
Yet you've kept wearing them for 6-7 years? how many kilometers they have?

As much as that irritates me I have to respect it as we have similar IQ levels and I am smart enough to realize if I put you down I'll just be projecting my own feelings.

I may actually get a pair of New Balance, but their 442 soccer shoes. I have fairly wide feet and I heard their wide foot pair is pretty good. Just debating if I should get turf or a court version since it's mainly to practice with my kids in the grass. I don't want to get cleats.

new-balance-442-v2-team-wide-2e-turf-soccer-shoes-black-white.jpg

vs

MS42IBK2_a.jpg

I used to work as Security so I did a lot of standing, picked up some Dr.Scholls black shoes from Walmart

Don't care how I look, comfort is priority

I'm 44 and couldn't bring myself to wearing those ever. 80 percent of my wardrobe is from Express right now. Gotta wear those fancy shoes still. I'm a fancy bitch.

Peer pressure man....

It is why most high school boys have mushroom head perms now. Say no to perms and peer pressure.

MAn, I am past the age I should care, but growing up in NYC, I can't give up yet. I know foot pain, years of Martial Arts have fucked my joints up. But I do well with running shoes. Just can't go old man NB yet. I love my Nike Airmax 270, and 180.

If you have to go NB, not all look like old fogie joints:
View attachment 1043333
View attachment 1043334

What are these? Love the black.

TS. Just go and get the fedora to totally convert to the retiree look.

I'm 44 and couldn't bring myself to wearing those ever. 80 percent of my wardrobe is from Express right now. Gotta wear those fancy shoes still. I'm a fancy bitch.
I have my fancy shoes for work and social. But when I go on 2 hour walks, got my old man shoes. Still in my 30s but I learn from old folks to do things in advance of them becoming a problem - posturepedic bed, memory foam pillow, etc.

New Balance has to love that their brand is becoming synonymous with this stereotype of "old people or dads wear them because they're super comfortable."

Let every other shoe brand fight to be cool. Because that shit never lasts, and none has the money to compete with Nike's marketing which has the power to reinvent itself in whatever vein the youth defines as "cool". So those other shoe brands will flash in the pan, best case scenario, then fade into sale or bankrupcty once the cool factor turns on them, and the cool factor always turns on its darlings. Whatever is in style will go out of style.

Meanwhile, comfort never goes out of style. Never. New Balance playing the long game.

New Balance has to love that their brand is becoming synonymous with this stereotype of "old people or dads wear them because they're super comfortable."

Let every other shoe brand fight to be cool. Because that shit never lasts, and none has the money to compete with Nike's marketing which has the power to reinvent itself in whatever vein the youth defines as "cool". So those other shoe brands will flash in the pan, best case scenario, then fade into sale or bankrupcty once the cool factor turns on them, and the cool factor always turns on its darlings. Whatever is in style will go out of style.

Meanwhile, comfort never goes out of style. Never. New Balance playing the long game.
I find it weird ITT that NB is un-cool. I mean yeah sure there are these ugly models for the fat and retired, but I know NB for their cool, retro street wear. At least here in yurrp I feel like NB covers half of the cool urban crowd.

I find it weird ITT that NB is un-cool. I mean yeah sure there are these ugly models for the fat and retired, but I know NB for their cool, retro street wear. At least here in yurrp I feel like NB covers half of the cool urban crowd.
Are they really so hideous? I don't think so. Here is the basic gray variation of what is possibly their bestselling shoe of all time:
m990gl6_nb_02_i

Here is a bestseller with a more modern design:
71LAKfWzU0L._AC_SR920,736_.jpg

Meanwhile, here is one of the color variations of the #1 most worn shoe in the NBA right now.
Nike-Kobe-6-Chaos-2.jpg

Here's the #2 most worn:
nike-kd-16-black-metallic-silver-vivid-purple-bright-crimson-white-dv2917-002-1.jpg

Back