Movies I think Glenn Close is a poor mans Meryl Streep. What are some of your poor versions of other actors

Kevin Bacon is a poor man's William Dafoe

c51a23636039dd65b113470bfa6d92e7.jpg

I haven't liked Streep in anything, meanwhile Glenn Close has been quite good in many things - including The Shield which is the greatest TV show created by humans.

And how is Benicio del Toro poor mans Brad Pitt? They're two different archetypes, two different kind of people with two different careers that don't overlap in terms of roles they've played.

Butler I kinda feel bad for, he could've been great but became relevant in a time when Hollywood became more fruity. And I think Hugh Jackman was the rich man's version of him - expressive, charismatic taller dude who can sing and be an overall gynocentric jester but can also turn it around and play a bad ass if needed.
this is about physical/facial features, bro, not the type of person they are.

have you read the thread, poor man's howard?

Jurgen Prochnow
MV5BMTgyNzQ3NDk4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDgxMjA3._V1_UY1200_CR55,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

is the poor man’s

Jeremy Irons
4b85b6e178d857ba03d4800396b05e0c.jpg

And Scott Glenn is the American version
d52053c78ae5057074c233e932e2adbe.jpg

The chubby black guy who is a slimmer Patrice O'Neal clone. I don't even remember his name but it's PC Patrice.

And yet I feel like Dorff, like Michael Madsen, has to be the poor man's version of something. Ethan Hawke?

Probably too short for Hawke, IMO

I could maybe see him as a poor man’s Christian Slater, but for about five minutes.

Now they’re both on the same shelf at the Dollar Tree.

Probably too short for Hawke, IMO

I could maybe see him as a poor man’s Christian Slater, but for about five minutes.

Now they’re both on the same shelf at the Dollar Tree.

Christian Slater was the first name that came to mind. I've kind of been approaching it more as a casting director for type and roles than a down to the detail physical match.

Back