I Still Love Wandy

Jarvan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Which is why I think it would be best if he just stepped away from cage at this point...

He talked too much, didn't do enough... and a loss or anything less than a stellar performance (which we all know isn't happening), would be absolutely crippling to his legacy.

RIP WAND, thanks for 'good' years in PRIDE via knees/soccer kicks/headstomps

Perfect time to retire was after knocking Stann out... but it's Wanderlei

If he stops now, he will stain his career. He needs to fight Chael before he stops and prove himself. If not, he will be reminded as a coward

If he stops now, he will stain his career. He needs to fight Chael before he stops and prove himself. If not, he will be reminded as a coward

As much as I don't want to, I sadly agree.

Any man that beats prime Saku three times will always have my respect.

Which is why I think it would be best if he just stepped away from cage at this point...

He talked too much, didn't do enough... and a loss or anything less than a stellar performance (which we all know isn't happening), would be absolutely crippling to his legacy.

RIP WAND, thanks for 'good' years in PRIDE via knees/soccer kicks/headstomps

A loss would be far less crippling to his legacy than this...

Lol you guys are being pretty overdramatic. Hard to take these comments seriously.

Yes this a terrible for Wand's image and slightly taints his career, but he still was one of the most fan friendly fighters ever.

The man literally would bend over backwards for his fans and was one of the few fighters that actually backed up the claim that he tried to make every fight exciting.

Even after he started getting KO'd Wand never changed his style. One could say that was stupid on his part, but he sure as hell was fun to watch! My guess is he'll be back and end his career either KOing someone or going out on his shield!

I still love Wandy. He's done too much for that to change. I wish he retired after beating Stann in Japan, but I'm obviously still a fan. He'll still manage to go out on a win I'm sure.

Yeah me too. No.1 forever. He brought me to MMA world.

I think he is too late, the damage has been done.

He has had some great achievements but his legacy is badly tainted, and opinion his character as a man has also taking a nose dive.

Life long fans will forgive these things due to the memories, but most other fans will probably end up having a bit of a mixed reaction to his career when looking back.

still a legend only americans hate him

still a legend only americans hate him

I'm American, I definitely don't hate one of the greats called Wanderlei Silva. His stomps to the head were literally like getting axe murdered

He already crippled his legacy by his behaviour in the months that have past since his fight vs Stann - he should've quit that fight.
Now he has made a total fool of himself by acting like a brainless thug on TUF, even cheering Dida for his dishonorable action against Sonnen. Wanderlei and some of his staff on last seasons TUF Brazil are the worst thing that could've happened to the country imagewise.
I personally always liked Wanderlei's fights, but I won't root for him anymore. I simply lost all respect for him. He completly lost his grip on reality and has become a selfabsorbed clown that thinks of himself as a crusader for his country, while actually being exactly the opposit.

As a fighter I can appreciate him, as man, I do not, he's a dick, simple as that.

i dont care what he does as hes simply a coward in my book and deserves no respect. if he retires then hell forever be known as the loser who was scared to fight chael and if he continues and fights chael down the line hell end up getting destroyed either way

all his fans left him in brazil and everywhere else. only hipsters and like minded cowards still idolize him after this last stunt

rip wand the coward

Back