I still don't have much faith in DC against Jones

Redhawks100

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He fucking dominated tonight, he completely destroyed Hendo, but his performance wasn't indicative of how he would do against Jon Jones.

Dan Henderson is not on the level of Jon Jones, and Jones is much bigger, stronger, and craftier.

I have a hard time seeing DC getting into range to snatch a leg or get a body lock, similar to how Glover had a difficult time. I'm also hard pressed to figure out how he would bypass Jones' kicking arsenal.

Awesome performance, even if it was a bit uneventful, but he still hasn't shown to be a true threat to Jones.

Anyone else feel the same?

I understand completely. Jones is a beast. But I think at least he is a major threat to Jones by how strong he is and how good his wrestling is. He's used to training with Cain and slamming heavyweights.

The hype has gotten to me. I don't get it. It's not like a gave Hendo much of a chance in the first place.

This single performance? Nope, doesn't show you he can offer JJ much.

His combined performances lead me to believe he can give JJ one of the toughest fight of his career.

Love them both but I will account bet that jones will beat DC and Alexander

I don't think DC reacts well to kicks, and Jones has a lot of those.

well this fight isnt gonna happen cause gustafsson will destroy jj, taking out the possibility of a rematch, so cormier will come to try and take the title

This single performance? Nope, doesn't show you he can offer JJ much.

His combined performances lead me to believe he can give JJ one of the toughest fight of his career.

But he's only had 2 fights at LHW, and only 1 was against a top guy (that was lighter and old)

How does he get in close to get a takedown? How does he use his tight combinations if he can't get inside Jones' reach?

Kicks make it easier to get takedowns though. That's basically how Rashad dominated Phil Davis in the wrestling. Davis kept kicking and Rashad would catch his kicking leg and easy takedown.

I think DC can get him against the cage and go to work. I do not think Jones would react well to the kind of pressure DC would bring, also DC will have trouble with the kicks/reach. Fight would be great but Jones has to get by Gus again.

I agree. This was a HW vs. MW fight just like Tito and Shlemenko last week. This fight proved nothing. Jon Jones is 6 inches taller (6 foot 4 vs. 5 foot 10), longer reach, a big and strong LHW, who will utilize his range well to pummel DC standing, and will not let DC ragdoll him. I think Jones-DC will be a dominant victory for Jones.

Jones will be going for a ride if he tries to throw tons of kicks vs DC. He manhandled Hendo like he was a child, imagine he catches you throwing a kick?? On the bottom i see Jones getting mauled. Would be interesting to see how both fighters approached it.

He fucking dominated tonight, he completely destroyed Hendo, but his performance wasn't indicative of how he would do against Jon Jones.

Dan Henderson is not on the level of Jon Jones, and Jones is much bigger, stronger, and craftier.

I have a hard time seeing DC getting into range to snatch a leg or get a body lock, similar to how Glover had a difficult time. I'm also hard pressed to figure out how he would bypass Jones' kicking arsenal.

Awesome performance, even if it was a bit uneventful, but he still hasn't shown to be a true threat to Jones.

Anyone else feel the same?

Before tonight, I would have agreed. But come on dude, when was the last time you EVER saw Hendo dominated like that?

Yeah. I would never put money on DC beating Jones. With JBJ's reach, his athleticism, his TDD (not as consistent but the lengthy fighting helps), submission skills, the odds are still stacked in his favor. That said, DC probably has a better shot at defeating Bones than anyone else in the division. Excluding Gus, our next champ that is.

Before tonight, I would have agreed. But come on dude, when was the last time you EVER saw Hendo dominated like that?

Hendo has been a shell of himself the past year. His chin is gone, his strength and power is not the same, and the guy is a MW. I am a Hendo fan by the way. Beating Hendo proves nothing. Jon Jones is not Hendo.

I disagree. Jones is taller, and that's his main advantage. If the champ's good, Cormier is too. Hence the reason why both needs to fight. Would be the most important bout of the year IMO

Stating the obvious and desperate for validation from other posters, lol.

The weird part about this fight, is it's like DC has NO submission game. He looked awkward when he was laying on Hendo and trying for random submissions and just completely missing them.

Also, it looked like DC was slowing down in the 3rd. I don't know if he could go all 5 with Jones --- plus I could see Jones landing some nasty hellbows from the ground on DC (kind of like how Condit does).

I am not convinced he will beat Jones. It will be a good fight, and I will be buying that PPV though.

With that said, next couple of days are going to be unbearable with all the new threads about "hurrdurr DC is going to ragdoll Jones! hurrdurr"

Back