I seem to be in the minority for the fights coming up for the end of the year

am i totally out of the loop or is that just a hilarious auto-correct?
Spence gonna crack Porter like corn. Mash him like potatoes. uh..... Squash him.....

Kovalev only loses to a mediocre guy like Canelo if he is truly old and shot.

I see Spence - Porter like you do.

Canelo is not a natural 154 lber though - he's short but he's thick af, at least a natural MW. And Kovalev is slipping drastically, at least according to both Canelo and Ward. That's obviously why Canelo took the fight.

I think Ortiz's age is just too much to overcome now. Ortiz and Wilder at the same age would be different.

Im definitely putting some cash on Kov and Ortiz, odds too irresistible

Man, this is one narcissistic thread. Post in the existing ones, you lazy bastard.

I’ll bite, though.

Porter parries with his head. At some point his chin will fall apart. This moment is getting closer and Spence has what it takes to catch him good coming in, or to handle him inside. If it goes to the 12th round it may be competitive, with Spence edging it as he makes Porter think by countering the hell out of him, and Porter won’t outbox him from a distance.

Usyk is hittable with big rights and bodywork. He’ll win rounds running circles around his opponents but a guy with some better skills than Spong will time him at some point.

Canelo is more of a natural MW than a SWW, but yes, on size and punch alone Kovalev has a chance... less than 45% IMO because he can be predictable as hell with the 1-2 and Canelo can move his head.

Chisora will make it competitive against Parker but he is bound to run into some big shots, and his chin is shopworn. This should be a good scrap.

Wilder took Ortiz’s his best punch, and then some. He will land the right as he always does on an even older version of Ortiz. The fight may be rough but we know how it will end.
I feel like Porter will look pretty good on the inside for a few rounds but will get slowly broken down with body work and will try to fight with his jab from the outside. Problem is that his jab isn’t half what Spence’s is and if he jumps in head first like he usually does he’s going to eat Errol’s left had all night. Figure he gets tko’d some point in the latter half of the fight.

I think Wilder lays Ortiz out early this time. Man Ortiz looks like a 50yo chain smoking grandpa to me. He’s got good skill, but I think his power is overrrated. He’s just too damn old, and with that Cuban record keeping, I don’t doubt he’s closer to 50 than 40.
That's what I think about Ortiz, he looks old, as black ain't supposed to crack but he's definitely cracked.

I see Spence - Porter like you do.

Canelo is not a natural 154 lber though - he's short but he's thick af, at least a natural MW. And Kovalev is slipping drastically, at least according to both Canelo and Ward. That's obviously why Canelo took the fight.

I think Ortiz's age is just too much to overcome now. Ortiz and Wilder at the same age would be different.
At one point in time perhaps he was a natural 154, but as the years have gone by he's firmly a natural middleweight now.

If he was a natural SWW, the extra 2lb he had to cut vs Floyd would've been inconsequential, nothing to cry about. But when he came in fight night most times heavier at SWW than GGG did fight night at MW, it kind of shows that was where his natural weight class is.

I know Kovalev isnt what he was but I'm still impressed Canelo followed through with it.

Just let Hearn run down this October for you.

Ill put myself out there fuck it.

Porter vs Spence

I still don't really get what you guys are saying about Spence tbh. He probably will beat Porter but I think it's going to be an extremely rough fight. Maybe I am wrong, but....I just don't see Errol running thru him and I don't know why some of you do. Spence is there to be hit and I think Porter is going to hit him a lot. We do this really weird amnesia thing with Spence like we pretend he has never struggled but Brook was nailing him with a lot of shots and while Brook and Porter don't fight similarly, i still think Spence is absolutely there to be hit

And run over Porter? If pre injury Thurman and Garcia couldn't knock him out and rarely were even to push him back why would I think Spence can?

Usyk at Heavyweight
I dunno wtf you guys are thinking here either. This guy has no concept how to move his head, his defense is shit, and he has little power.......

He will beat Spong because Spong is a nobody but put him against most in the top 10 and he is gonna have a problem. How on earth would he keep Wilder off him? Or Joshua? Or Ruiz? Or even someone like Whyte?

Disaster at HW imo

Canelo-Kovalev
Again. I think Canelo will probably win. But I'll probably placing some pretty decent money on Kovalev because it's a natural 154 fighting a natural 175. And the natural 175 has extreme power, a nice jab, and good fundamentals. And yes I know Canelo fought GGG twice but imo he has never tasted the thunder Kovalev is going to hit him with.

55-45 fight imo in favor of Canelo and a Kovalev beat down of Canelo wouldn't surprise me at all.

Chisora-Parker
I don't think Parker is that good. So Chisora is a live underdog for me.

Ortiz-Wilder
This is another one that absolutely perplexes me when you guys discuss it. Luis Ortiz vs Deontay Wilder the 1st time consisted of Ortiz outboxing Wilder for 9 out of the 10 rounds, hurting him badly in one of them where Wilder was literally saved by the bell, before getting caught in round 10 after over extending himself.

yet Wilder is just going to run thru him? No....Fucking.....Way. And I am a Wilder guy for goodness sakes. I'll probably place money on Ortiz as well.

rough rough fight.

Ruiz-AJ
I dunno about this one yet.

Ortiz v Wilder is the one for me, so close to winning the last one and he's $5.20 on my betting site. Kovalev is also $4.65, i'm going to have a piece of that one as well, he's a big dude for Canelo.

Pretty decent thread. I don't agree with all of it, but I can see where you're coming from with all of these. Crazier things have happened!

Kovalev only loses to a mediocre guy like Canelo if he is truly old and shot.

giphy.gif

Ill put myself out there fuck it.

Porter vs Spence

I still don't really get what you guys are saying about Spence tbh. He probably will beat Porter but I think it's going to be an extremely rough fight. Maybe I am wrong, but....I just don't see Errol running thru him and I don't know why some of you do. Spence is there to be hit and I think Porter is going to hit him a lot. We do this really weird amnesia thing with Spence like we pretend he has never struggled but Brook was nailing him with a lot of shots and while Brook and Porter don't fight similarly, i still think Spence is absolutely there to be hit

And run over Porter? If pre injury Thurman and Garcia couldn't knock him out and rarely were even to push him back why would I think Spence can?

Usyk at Heavyweight
I dunno wtf you guys are thinking here either. This guy has no concept how to move his head, his defense is shit, and he has little power.......

He will beat Spong because Spong is a nobody but put him against most in the top 10 and he is gonna have a problem. How on earth would he keep Wilder off him? Or Joshua? Or Ruiz? Or even someone like Whyte?

Disaster at HW imo

Canelo-Kovalev
Again. I think Canelo will probably win. But I'll probably placing some pretty decent money on Kovalev because it's a natural 154 fighting a natural 175. And the natural 175 has extreme power, a nice jab, and good fundamentals. And yes I know Canelo fought GGG twice but imo he has never tasted the thunder Kovalev is going to hit him with.

55-45 fight imo in favor of Canelo and a Kovalev beat down of Canelo wouldn't surprise me at all.

Chisora-Parker
I don't think Parker is that good. So Chisora is a live underdog for me.

Ortiz-Wilder
This is another one that absolutely perplexes me when you guys discuss it. Luis Ortiz vs Deontay Wilder the 1st time consisted of Ortiz outboxing Wilder for 9 out of the 10 rounds, hurting him badly in one of them where Wilder was literally saved by the bell, before getting caught in round 10 after over extending himself.

yet Wilder is just going to run thru him? No....Fucking.....Way. And I am a Wilder guy for goodness sakes. I'll probably place money on Ortiz as well.

rough rough fight.

Ruiz-AJ
I dunno about this one yet.
You are what is known as a ‘contrarian’.

Man, this is one narcissistic thread. Post in the existing ones, you lazy bastard.

I’ll bite, though.

Porter parries with his head. At some point his chin will fall apart. This moment is getting closer and Spence has what it takes to catch him good coming in, or to handle him inside. If it goes to the 12th round it may be competitive, with Spence edging it as he makes Porter think by countering the hell out of him, and Porter won’t outbox him from a distance.

Usyk is hittable with big rights and bodywork. He’ll win rounds running circles around his opponents but a guy with some better skills than Spong will time him at some point.

Canelo is more of a natural MW than a SWW, but yes, on size and punch alone Kovalev has a chance... less than 45% IMO because he can be predictable as hell with the 1-2 and Canelo can move his head.

Chisora will make it competitive against Parker but he is bound to run into some big shots, and his chin is shopworn. This should be a good scrap.

Wilder took Ortiz’s his best punch, and then some. He will land the right as he always does on an even older version of Ortiz. The fight may be rough but we know how it will end.
I agree with the Usyk part

I’ll bite, though.

spence is the real deal. people give him shit for being competitive with brook, but brook was also a top fighter, despite everyone's insistence to the contrary. spence is the one true king at 147. he can box, as demonstrated by his dismantling of mikey, and he can fight, as we've seen in almost every other fight... not to mention he walks around with fucking brick fists.

usyk boxes everyone's ears off at HW. whether or not that's enough to win him any titles remains to be seen. the top guys are all massive and apart from fury, they all pack a mean punch. i could see him get tagged and put away, and i could see him dance around everyone and make them look foolish. i mean for fuck's sake, people are drooling over fury when he moves his feet, usyk will look like a fucking ballerina compared to him.

ortiz is 40 and got KTFO a year and a half ago. at his age, getting wrecked isn't something you improve on, he isn't going to do better this time.
Good thread. I disagree with all your picks.

Spence will handle Porter fairly easily. Porter is agricultural and doesn't have much power. Spence has shown he can box in a very disciplined fashion. I don't think he'll stop Porter who is really tough but Brook was able to outbox Porter and Spence has already handled Brook. I think he beats Porter and wins a wide points decision.

Usyk doesn't move his head that great BUT he moves his feet really well. He's already shown what he can do with big HW's when he boxed the WSB. Sure that was over less rounds but stamina is one of Usyk's biggest assets. He'll dance around all of the HW's apart from Fury who is the only one that I think Usyk can't beat. Joshua and Wilder will be hard because they hit so hard and Usyk does get caught now and then but I think Usyk can beat them.

Canelo vs Kovalev I see Canelo taking this. It will be hard fought but I see Canelo being really difficult to hit with his stellar head movement and him slowing down Kov with well-placed body shots. Kov has a good jab so it will keep Canelo honest but I see age being a factor here. GGG had a good jab as well but Canelo figured him out in the second bout. Canelo is in his prime and Kov struggled with the much less experienced Yarde very recently. Canelo is a level above Yarde in ability.

Chisora Parker. I see a fairly easy victory for Parker. Parker is a top-level fighter whereas Chisora is a gatekeeper level fighter. Parker has beaten Whyte who is a better version of Chisora, younger more power and a better jab. I don't see what Chisora who is getting long in the tooth has for Parker. He's certainly not going to be able to KO him.

Ortiz Wilder. I see Wilder destroying Ortiz this time around with far less trouble. Ortiz was old before, now he has two more years on the clock. Things can only get worse for Ortiz.

AJ Ruiz is the only one I'm unsure of. Was AJ really concussed last time? That would be a big factor in what happens this time around. Ruiz has a lot going for him. He has a good chin and fast hands and has shown he has the power to cause AJ all sorts of problems. I don't think that 6 months is long enough to fix all the problems I saw last time out. So for me it really depends on whether we were seeing a concussed AJ vs. a 100% fitness AJ last time out.
1-1

NostraGreatest

Back