I seem to be in the minority for the fights coming up for the end of the year

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ill put myself out there fuck it.

Porter vs Spence

I still don't really get what you guys are saying about Spence tbh. He probably will beat Porter but I think it's going to be an extremely rough fight. Maybe I am wrong, but....I just don't see Errol running thru him and I don't know why some of you do. Spence is there to be hit and I think Porter is going to hit him a lot. We do this really weird amnesia thing with Spence like we pretend he has never struggled but Brook was nailing him with a lot of shots and while Brook and Porter don't fight similarly, i still think Spence is absolutely there to be hit

And run over Porter? If pre injury Thurman and Garcia couldn't knock him out and rarely were even to push him back why would I think Spence can?

Usyk at Heavyweight
I dunno wtf you guys are thinking here either. This guy has no concept how to move his head, his defense is shit, and he has little power.......

He will beat Spong because Spong is a nobody but put him against most in the top 10 and he is gonna have a problem. How on earth would he keep Wilder off him? Or Joshua? Or Ruiz? Or even someone like Whyte?

Disaster at HW imo

Canelo-Kovalev
Again. I think Canelo will probably win. But I'll probably placing some pretty decent money on Kovalev because it's a natural 154 fighting a natural 175. And the natural 175 has extreme power, a nice jab, and good fundamentals. And yes I know Canelo fought GGG twice but imo he has never tasted the thunder Kovalev is going to hit him with.

55-45 fight imo in favor of Canelo and a Kovalev beat down of Canelo wouldn't surprise me at all.

Chisora-Parker
I don't think Parker is that good. So Chisora is a live underdog for me.

Ortiz-Wilder
This is another one that absolutely perplexes me when you guys discuss it. Luis Ortiz vs Deontay Wilder the 1st time consisted of Ortiz outboxing Wilder for 9 out of the 10 rounds, hurting him badly in one of them where Wilder was literally saved by the bell, before getting caught in round 10 after over extending himself.

yet Wilder is just going to run thru him? No....Fucking.....Way. And I am a Wilder guy for goodness sakes. I'll probably place money on Ortiz as well.

rough rough fight.

Ruiz-AJ
I dunno about this one yet.

Man, this is one narcissistic thread. Post in the existing ones, you lazy bastard.

I’ll bite, though.

Porter parries with his head. At some point his chin will fall apart. This moment is getting closer and Spence has what it takes to catch him good coming in, or to handle him inside. If it goes to the 12th round it may be competitive, with Spence edging it as he makes Porter think by countering the hell out of him, and Porter won’t outbox him from a distance.

Usyk is hittable with big rights and bodywork. He’ll win rounds running circles around his opponents but a guy with some better skills than Spong will time him at some point.

Canelo is more of a natural MW than a SWW, but yes, on size and punch alone Kovalev has a chance... less than 45% IMO because he can be predictable as hell with the 1-2 and Canelo can move his head.

Chisora will make it competitive against Parker but he is bound to run into some big shots, and his chin is shopworn. This should be a good scrap.

Wilder took Ortiz’s his best punch, and then some. He will land the right as he always does on an even older version of Ortiz. The fight may be rough but we know how it will end.

Porter vs Spence

I still don't really get what you guys are saying about Spence tbh. He probably will beat Porter but I think it's going to be an extremely rough fight. Maybe I am wrong, but....I just don't see Errol running thru him and I don't know why some of you do. Spence is there to be hit and I think Porter is going to hit him a lot. We do this really weird amnesia thing with Spence like we pretend he has never struggled but Brook was nailing him with a lot of shots and while Brook and Porter don't fight similarly, i still think Spence is absolutely there to be hit

And run over Porter? If pre injury Thurman and Garcia couldn't knock him out and rarely were even to push him back why would I think Spence can?

Usyk at Heavyweight
I dunno wtf you guys are thinking here either. This guy has no concept how to move his head, his defense is shit, and he has little power.......

He will beat Spong because Spong is a nobody but put him against most in the top 10 and he is gonna have a problem. How on earth would he keep Wilder off him? Or Joshua? Or Ruiz? Or even someone like Whyte?

Disaster at HW imo

Canelo-Kovalev
Again. I think Canelo will probably win. But I'll probably placing some pretty decent money on Kovalev because it's a natural 154 fighting a natural 175. And the natural 175 has extreme power, a nice jab, and good fundamentals. And yes I know Canelo fought GGG twice but imo he has never tasted the thunder Kovalev is going to hit him with.

55-45 fight imo in favor of Canelo and a Kovalev beat down of Canelo wouldn't surprise me at all.

Chisora-Parker

Ortiz-Wilder
This is another one that absolutely perplexes me when you guys discuss it. Luis Ortiz vs Deontay Wilder the 1st time consisted of Ortiz outboxing Wilder for 9 out of the 10 rounds, hurting him badly in one of them where Wilder was literally saved by the bell, before getting caught in round 10 after over extending himself.

yet Wilder is just going to run thru him? No....Fucking.....Way. And I am a Wilder guy for goodness sakes. I'll probably place money on Ortiz as well.

rough rough fight.

Ruiz-AJ
I generally find myself in agreement with most of what you say. Truly the sign of a quality poster.

That said, I think Canelo will beat Kovalev fairly easily and people will say he was old. Canelo has taken power just fine and seems to get more slick with each fight. He's power seemed OK at his one fight at 168 too. I think you're going to see Canelo smashing him with big overhands in anticipation of a body attack.

I sort of think Wilder walks through Ortiz this time too.

The other things I agree with. Spence showed me something with his patience vs Garcia but he's generally in a competitive fight, as is Porter.

I don't care much about Parker and Chisora.

Porter vs Spence

Usyk at Heavyweight

Disaster at HW imo

Canelo-Kovalev

Chisora-Parker

Ortiz-Wilder

rough rough fight.

Ruiz-AJ

I’m a fan of Parker and Del Boy so looking forward to this. However, Parker by wife UD

looking forward to seeing usyk at HW (I think he’s gonna do really well) and Joshua rematch. No real interest in any of the others.

Prograis vs Taylor is the fight I’m really pumped for. I think it’s a better, more competitive fight than any of those listed. I’m a big fan of josh but this is a genuine 50/50 imo

I’m a fan of Parker and Del Boy so looking forward to this. However, Parker by wife UD

looking forward to seeing usyk at HW abs Joshua rematch. No real interest in any of the others.

Prograis vs Taylor is the fight I’m really pumped for. I think it’s a better, more competitive fight than any of those listed. I’m a big fan of josh but this is a genuine 50/50 imo
Having a good boxer named regis would be neat

Hey, I respect you for this one haha

I’ll start by giving you lots of credit for acknowledging Keith Thurman was better before the injury / lay off. Now this goes off topic here a bit. But I think that elbow injury and lay off effected Keith Thurman a LOT. The Keith we’ve seen vs. Joseito Lopez was way off. Maybe got a little more mojo back for Pacquiao though. . . Keith Thurman being effected by an injury and not being the same reminds me a lot of what Frank Mir went through

Ok back on topic. Sort of! Lol. I’m annoyed at both Errol Spence and Terence Crawford for not fighting each other. Waiting too long to build a mega fight can be costly. Look at what happened with Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Juan Manuel Lopez. Lopez lost before they ever made it and people stopped caring. Now if Joshua loses to Ruiz again that probably sabotages the Joshua/Wilder mega fight. I’d LOVE to see Shawn Porter win. I just like Porter a lot more for his willingness to get in there and fight everyone and anyone. I don’t think Porter is gonna win but fuck me I’ll be rooting for him. Spence annoys me. Chalk me up as a hater lol

Kovalev destroys Canelo 2017 and earlier. I think Canelo wins now. I just think Kovalev’s too far past his prime. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Canelo’s team got some insider info about Kovalev that makes them think now’s the time. Maybe an injury or maybe lack of motivation / he isn’t training? When people take these wild risks like this I think this happens. Heck wasn’t there a story about Andre Ward getting inside info about Sergey Kovalev or something like that? I think Canelo saw something or knows something that’s got him taking this fight and the risk is gonna pay off

I think Parker beats Chisora. But, we’re probably gonna end up with a close decision that they’ll both think they should’ve earned lol. I totally see people on this forum going back and forth over who they think should’ve gotten the decision in this one

Wilder/Ortiz I agree with you. Ortiz is old, but don’t they say power is the last thing to go? Ortiz and Wilder both throw some serious bombs. I think it’s a pick em fight with them. What’s hard for me with this fight is I love them both and I don’t want to see either lose

I got Joshua beating Ruiz in the rematch. Joshua knows what he did wrong. He won’t make that same mistake again. Klitschko/Brewster rivalry all over again

Chisora will KO Parker, I don't think Parker is that good at all honestly.

Good thread. I disagree with all your picks.

Spence will handle Porter fairly easily. Porter is agricultural and doesn't have much power. Spence has shown he can box in a very disciplined fashion. I don't think he'll stop Porter who is really tough but Brook was able to outbox Porter and Spence has already handled Brook. I think he beats Porter and wins a wide points decision.

Usyk doesn't move his head that great BUT he moves his feet really well. He's already shown what he can do with big HW's when he boxed the WSB. Sure that was over less rounds but stamina is one of Usyk's biggest assets. He'll dance around all of the HW's apart from Fury who is the only one that I think Usyk can't beat. Joshua and Wilder will be hard because they hit so hard and Usyk does get caught now and then but I think Usyk can beat them.

Canelo vs Kovalev I see Canelo taking this. It will be hard fought but I see Canelo being really difficult to hit with his stellar head movement and him slowing down Kov with well-placed body shots. Kov has a good jab so it will keep Canelo honest but I see age being a factor here. GGG had a good jab as well but Canelo figured him out in the second bout. Canelo is in his prime and Kov struggled with the much less experienced Yarde very recently. Canelo is a level above Yarde in ability.

Chisora Parker. I see a fairly easy victory for Parker. Parker is a top-level fighter whereas Chisora is a gatekeeper level fighter. Parker has beaten Whyte who is a better version of Chisora, younger more power and a better jab. I don't see what Chisora who is getting long in the tooth has for Parker. He's certainly not going to be able to KO him.

Ortiz Wilder. I see Wilder destroying Ortiz this time around with far less trouble. Ortiz was old before, now he has two more years on the clock. Things can only get worse for Ortiz.

AJ Ruiz is the only one I'm unsure of. Was AJ really concussed last time? That would be a big factor in what happens this time around. Ruiz has a lot going for him. He has a good chin and fast hands and has shown he has the power to cause AJ all sorts of problems. I don't think that 6 months is long enough to fix all the problems I saw last time out. So for me it really depends on whether we were seeing a concussed AJ vs. a 100% fitness AJ last time out.

Enjoyable thread and responses. Nice to read polite discussion for once.

Spence beats Porter fairly easily.

Canelo breaks kovalev down and makes him quit on a knee, jumping up at 11 and feigning indignation.

Usyk has his moments early and gets people excited when he meets one of the big 3- but eventually zigs when he should have zagged and gets put to sleep- less dramatic than Conn-Louis but similar fashion

Spence will handle Porter fairly easily. Porter is agricultural and doesn't have much power. Spence has shown he can box in a very disciplined fashion. I don't think he'll stop Porter who is really tough but Brook was able to outbox Porter and Spence has already handled Brook. I think he beats Porter and wins a wide points decision.

Usyk doesn't move his head that great BUT he moves his feet really well. He's already shown what he can do with big HW's when he boxed the WSB. Sure that was over less rounds but stamina is one of Usyk's biggest assets. He'll dance around all of the HW's apart from Fury who is the only one that I think Usyk can't beat. Joshua and Wilder will be hard because they hit so hard and Usyk does get caught now and then but I think Usyk can beat them.

Canelo vs Kovalev I see Canelo taking this. It will be hard fought but I see Canelo being really difficult to hit with his stellar head movement and him slowing down Kov with well-placed body shots. Kov has a good jab so it will keep Canelo honest but I see age being a factor here. GGG had a good jab as well but Canelo figured him out in the second bout. Canelo is in his prime and Kov struggled with the much less experienced Yarde very recently. Canelo is a level above Yarde in ability.

Chisora Parker. I see a fairly easy victory for Parker. Parker is a top-level fighter whereas Chisora is a gatekeeper level fighter. Parker has beaten Whyte who is a better version of Chisora, younger more power and a better jab. I don't see what Chisora who is getting long in the tooth has for Parker. He's certainly not going to be able to KO him.

Ortiz Wilder. I see Wilder destroying Ortiz this time around with far less trouble. Ortiz was old before, now he has two more years on the clock. Things can only get worse for Ortiz.

AJ Ruiz is the only one I'm unsure of. Was AJ really concussed last time? That would be a big factor in what happens this time around. Ruiz has a lot going for him. He has a good chin and fast hands and has shown he has the power to cause AJ all sorts of problems. I don't think that 6 months is long enough to fix all the problems I saw last time out. So for me it really depends on whether we were seeing a concussed AJ vs. a 100% fitness AJ last time out.

Awesome post. Need more of these.

{<redford}

I think the Ortiz rematch puzzled everyone, Wilder might be believing the hype thinking he's gonna Stiverne him? Some posters obviously do. I'd rather see Wilder/Whyte but when do we get what we want?
Usyk has made some quality fighters look average but with the firepower at HW its gonna be a trip.

Porter vs Spence

I think what you're saying is more a reflection of how tough Shawn Porter is more than Spence not being as good as we think...

But Spence is a monster. He could unify belts from 147 to 154 and probably could beat multiple title holders at 160. At times he is outrageously good....but Porter is as tough of a welterweight as i can really remember.

I think Spence wins 10 of 12 rounds BUT i think Porter will hurt him at some point and we'll see a real fight...it'll sort of be messy and grimy like the Wallin/Fury fight but Spence will clearly be winning rounds.

You're ***probably*** not going to finish people like Garcia and Porter....unless you absolutely fucking CHIN them, they're going to be right there in your face. I think it's wrong to look at it like "he has to knock this guy out"

I think Spence beats Porter in a clear UD or late stoppage. I do believe it will be a competitive fight, but think Spence has the power to make Porter think and hurt him. If Porter throws caution to the wind and goes for the win, Spence will stop him IMO.

I think Usyk does good at HW, but can’t see him beating Fury. Ruiz would be a problem for him too. I could see him beating Wilder and AJ. He’d have to keep focus all 12 rounds though.

I think Kovalev is shopworn and Canelo will beat him to the body and stop him mid-late rounds.

Parker is better than people give him credit for. I think he beats Chisora, late KO or clear UD.

I think Wilder lays Ortiz out early this time. Man Ortiz looks like a 50yo chain smoking grandpa to me. He’s got good skill, but I think his power is overrrated. He’s just too damn old, and with that Cuban record keeping, I don’t doubt he’s closer to 50 than 40.

AJ and Ruiz is a hard one. I have a feeling Ruiz puts a beating on AJ again and stops him. But if the rumors about AJ being concussed are true, I think AJ “should” be able to beat him. Not sure on this one.

Agree on Spence as it'll be a tough fight, he has terrible defense, his chicken danced before. I just don't think Porter will be the one to crack him hard enough.

Usyk will need to get a lot better against the big three given the size difference. Is he stilling getting better or plateaued.

Kov prior to Ward is a very dangerous dude for Canelo but Ward stole his soul, he isn't the same fighter anymore. If Canelo gets past round 3, he'll win it with ease.

AJ and Ruiz is a toss up for me. Was AJ unable to recover from the first shot or was he hurt in camp, nobody knows. Also note that Ruiz got sat down early on.

Wilder will eventually land the right like he does every time. Up to Ortiz to avoid it at costs and box his ears off like the first time.

Who is first billing for each fight?

You've got your winner for all of them in this particular thread.

spence is the real deal. people give him shit for being competitive with brook, but brook was also a top fighter, despite everyone's insistence to the contrary. spence is the one true king at 147. he can box, as demonstrated by his dismantling of mikey, and he can fight, as we've seen in almost every other fight... not to mention he walks around with fucking brick fists.

usyk boxes everyone's ears off at HW. whether or not that's enough to win him any titles remains to be seen. the top guys are all massive and apart from fury, they all pack a mean punch. i could see him get tagged and put away, and i could see him dance around everyone and make them look foolish. i mean for fuck's sake, people are drooling over fury when he moves his feet, usyk will look like a fucking ballerina compared to him.

ortiz is 40 and got KTFO a year and a half ago. at his age, getting wrecked isn't something you improve on, he isn't going to do better this time.

Pretty much how I see these fights as well. I think Joshua will fight cautiously and win. Wouldn’t put money on it though

Back