I see RDA matchup pretty well with the current top 5

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gaethje, Hooker, Tony, Conor, And Poirier. I can see RDA beating all of them. The hardest matchup for him is going to be tony, Because RDA has the grappling and cardio advantage over all others contenders, but he doesn't have that against ferguson.

Tony already beat him.

My problem with RDA is for that Tony fight, he said how much the weight cut nearly killed him, he's took a lot of damage in his career as it is, I don't know if I want to see him killing himself to make weight to only get punched in the face repeatadly.

Having said that I think he'd beat Hooker, all the others are kinda a 50/50. It depends what RDA shows up.

RDA has been past his prime for a while

He looked good against Felder but not even close to his prime form

I would favor everyone you named against current RDA except Hooker

Gaethje, Hooker, Tony, Conor, And Poirier. I can see RDA beating all of them. The hardest matchup for him is going to be tony, Because RDA has the grappling and cardio advantage over all others contenders, but he doesn't have that against ferguson.
rda looses to all of them

hooker would beat him thats for sure - and he would be the lowest ranked out of the fighters you mentioned. (im guessing since i havent looked at rankings whilst posting this and that ufc would want conor ranked higher than number 5).

he gets got by all of them you casual degen. Even lame Hooker. btw what a surname. RDA ain't shit in top fuking five.

RDA certainly didn't look like a world beater taking on Paul Felder who hadn't fought since February and was getting ready for a Triathlon at the time. His wrestling was partially effective but he still couldn't do anything meaningful on the ground to get him out of there, and Felder didn't even train.

Anyone in the Top 5 with a full training camp defends those takedowns pretty easily and touches him up. I get that RDA fans are experiencing nostalgia, but he just beat Paul Felder. Mike Perry whose also fighting this Saturday beat him.

RDA already lost to Tony handedly. I dont see him beating conor. Hooker and Poirer maybe. We already have a blueprint to beating Gaethje based on his non existent grappling so maybe him too.

Tony already beat him.

My problem with RDA is for that Tony fight, he said how much the weight cut nearly killed him, he's took a lot of damage in his career as it is, I don't know if I want to see him killing himself to make weight to only get punched in the face repeatadly.

Having said that I think he'd beat Hooker, all the others are kinda a 50/50. It depends what RDA shows up.
Before the vicious eyepoke that fight looked a lot different than the final outcome, same for the illegal upkick against Barboza - people gloss over these sort of things when talking about Tony.

Question is can RDA regularly weightcut into LW?? He didnt look spectaculary against Felder, question is how much is his performance hampered at LW? Time is not working for him.

RDA already lost to Tony handedly. I dont see him beating conor. Hooker and Poirer maybe. We already have a blueprint to beating Gaethje based on his non existent grappling so maybe him too.

The Gaethje one is a bit of a stretch, let's not act like RDA's gonna be shooting on Gaethje with the same efficiency of Khabib, remember he got Judo Tossed on his ass for trying to wrestle with Khabib, and got exposed for just how rudimentary his wrestling is.

RDA shoots very conventional and traditional takedowns like the Double and Single, he's not chain wrestling, and putting together sequences like Khabib so to suggest he'll have just as easy a time as Khabib is being a bit presumptuous. He's a bare bones MMA Wrestler compared to Khabib.

Khabib's grappling threat is layered, RDA just shoots for Double Legs half the time.

NINTCHDBPICT000582042743-e1589095375549.jpg

The Gaethje one is a bit of a stretch, let's not act like RDA's gonna be shooting on Gaethje with the same efficiency of Khabib, remember he got Judo Tossed on his ass for trying to wrestle with Khabib, and got exposed for just how rudimentary his wrestling is.

RDA shoots very conventional and traditional takedowns like the Double and Single, he's not chain wrestling, and putting together sequences like Khabib so to suggest he'll have just as easy a time as Khabib is being a bit presumptuous. He's a bare bones MMA Wrestler compared to Khabib.

Khabib's grappling threat is layered, RDA just shoots for Double Legs half the time.
And yet RDA took Colby down like 3 times. And Poirier and other fighters have taken Gaethje down. You're overestimating his TD defence because of his past traditional wrestling accolades.

Even poirier, the guy that struggles against nearly every southpaw he's ever fought? Even Jim miller nearly beat him. The guy's defense against southpaw's is far worse than his defense against orthodox fighters.

It was a 48-47 decision and tony finger fucked RDA's eye

sYSXpR7.jpg

When RDA was in his prime? And why do think he isn’t anymore?

Back